It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where has all the money gone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
ok....i may not be an economics professor, but what i dont understand is where has all the money gone?.

if you simply break down the economies of each country, and think of it like a household budget, there is something that just doesnt add up. take america for example, she is broke and borrowing money like there is no tomorrow. when this situation is thought of like a household budget, for a family to get into the equal amount of trouble they would have had to go crazy buying things....houses, boats, caravans, big screen t.v's in every room. then when they get into trouble, the people they owe come out and reposess these things. so what i find hard to understand is that on the surface is doesnt appear if america has anywhere near the assests to justify this expenditure. its not as if they have put all the money into infrastructure. there are no super fast trains from one side of the country to the other. no new super highways criss crossing the country. they havent built a bridge linking the mainland to hawaii (a far fetched example to highlight what im saying). i saw a documentary the other night on the crumbling of america's infrastructure. so even if a vast majority of the money has been spent bailing out the banks and companies of the u.s, then where did all their money go. SOMEBODY MUST HAVE IT....it cant just dissapear into thin air. even if it was gambled, then someone still has it. BUT WHO?.

i think the million dollar question is - when the repo man comes to take what he is owed.....what will you give him?. he is not going to be happy with a highway full of pot holes, or a bridge thats about to fall over, or even a space shuttle thats past its use by date.

when you think of it on this scale, it applies to any country in trouble......ireland, iceland, portugal......what do they have to show for the trouble they are in?

I JUST DONT GET IT....SOMEONE HAS THE MONEY....AND SOMEONE IS ABOUT TO COME KNOCKING ON THE DOOR WANTING TO COLLECT.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
watch Zeitgeist: addendum (not the one about religion, but about money)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

The quick answer is that it went into the pockets of those who control our governments behind the scenes. The rest went to social vote buying. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Where has the money gone?.......

My guess would be in the back pockets and overseas bank accounts of the top 1% of the population.

Wonder what they are going to do when they finally realize that the slaves cant produce anymore?

MOTF!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
there have boon a few threads on this (can't find them now) but they are trying to get rid of cash...through direct deposit, and online bill payments...most people don't see any of their actual "money"

they are trying to get us used to that idea

i think there is only 2 trillion in cash laying around

and as to our infrastructure...they do a poor job...and boost the budget...so they get more money next year.

a concrete road with rebar costs 3 times as much as a pavement road...but lasts like 10 times longer! they don't want to do that cause "they" would lose tons o money.

!!!!my friend is a bridge builder, and smokes pot and takes vicadin all day long...great huh!!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The money came from fresh air and I speculate it has returned to where it came from .One needs to realize that 99% of the world's currency never existed outside digital realm in the first place .

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This is THE question that everyone should be asking.

The money went to the banks, it was a bank bailout. Who pockets the profits from the banks?
Those who own the banks pocketed the cash. That;s where the money went.

Statistically, the distribution of wealth is flowing like a fast river from the people to the top 1% of the population.

edit on 29-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Bingo!

People convinced themselves they needed to borrow money to buy crap, because the TV told them too. Now for the majority they will never be free from some form of monetary prison. The banks cannot say they didn't see this coming they are intrinsic liars.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
there have boon a few threads on this (can't find them now) but they are trying to get rid of cash...through direct deposit, and online bill payments...most people don't see any of their actual "money"

they are trying to get us used to that idea

i think there is only 2 trillion in cash laying around

and as to our infrastructure...they do a poor job...and boost the budget...so they get more money next year.

a concrete road with rebar costs 3 times as much as a pavement road...but lasts like 10 times longer! they don't want to do that cause "they" would lose tons o money.

!!!!my friend is a bridge builder, and smokes pot and takes vicadin all day long...great huh!!

sounds a bit like what our dumb ass prime minister did here. their big idea for a stimulus package was for all houses to get free ceiling insulation. so every tradesman (plumbers, electricians, builders and even lawn mowers) dropped what they were doing and started a company installing insulation. the thing was, it just stimulated CHINA'S economy because thats where they bought all the insulation from. then because unexperienced people were doing the jobs....houses started burning down. they would just get up in the roof and throw it around over the light fittings which would then smoulder and catch on fire. there were videos coming out all the time of overseas indian workers with their kids aged only 3 sitting up on peoples roofs while dad threw some pink bats around. but worse still, PEOPLE DIED. 4 young guys recruited with no experience were either electocuted, or died of heat exhaustion because their greedy boses would make them go in the roofs where the temperature was over 60 degrees. (about 130f) i witnessed one of these deaths at work. it will live with me for the rest of my life.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

The money went to the banks, it was a bank bailout. Who pockets the profits from the banks?

Statistically, the distribution of wealth is flowing like a fast river from the people to the top 1% of the population.

i hear what you are saying...but arnt the banks technically owned by the shareholders?????

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

That is a very good question. But first, we must realize that all those dollars (and over leveraged digits) existed
as credits on a computer screen. Only a percentage is actual cash. Now, boatloads of those credits went to
foreign banks. Asia, has tons of our credit digits as well.Many U.S. banks are sitting on their credits as well. Now as far as cash,,,think about all The Pallets of
Cash sent on cargo planes to the Mid East. Then think of all the Cash that heads south of our border into
Mexico and Latin American countries. Now just consider how many credits have flown south over the recent
years( its goes back decades) via Western Union and other forms of wire transfer. Now think about what one
of the previous repliers to your post said about offshore/foreign accounts held by corporations and private
individuals. Plus all we spend on foreign oil and other products. Well you get the picture,,,,America is being bled
dry, and most alarmingly, Congress is doing Nothing to correct this dangerous episode in American history
as far as I can tell. When the Federal Reserve was asked this same question that you put forth, Bernanke replied
"I don't know." Scary isn't it?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
that is scary. so where and when does it all end?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Well I hope part of it ends up in My Bank Account and Soon!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
All that loot was stolen by all the Congress critters that were sent home packin'.

Expect even more next time around.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
If you understood today's monetary system you would know that money was pretty much made out of thin air in that it is mostly digital with less than five percent cash. In our monetary system money is created through debt and therefore all of it must be payed back according to each individual contract. So therefore, money can only be created through the loan process which is called inflation. When the money is payed back to the creator bank it is technically destroyed. When destruction of the monetary supply occurs it is called deflation.

If you search "Money as Debt" on youtube you will discover a four part series of videos that describes the workings of our monetary system as well as a little history. During the series it describes how expansion of the monetary supply occurs and, near the end, shows how such a system is unsustainable. Trust me when I say that if you have never watched this series before you will become fairly mad after hearing the truth.

Back to your question now. Where has all the money gone? If you mean the consumer portion of the monetary supply it is being destroyed through deflation by the paying back of debts and the fact that there isn't any market left with exponential growth (due to physics) to power a profitable loan process (money creation). In terms of government money (from federal reserve and other central banks) it is inflating as fast as it can through debt which indirectly causes the prices of everyday goods (especially those that are imported) to go up due to the devaluation of the money supply.

So basically, the national money supply is deflating while the international money supply is inflating. The results are that there is less and less money available for those living in the country while the cost of living continues to rise due to the inflation of the monetary supply internationally. And now that the last bubble is breathing it's last breaths we will be feeling the full effects of this pretty soon. How soon will be decided by how long until the majority of the loan contracts are due to be paid off.

Now time for you to get watching those videos man

edit on 29-11-2010 by Elzon because: Misplaced words

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The three videos are a brief summary of Jim Marr's new book, "The Trillion Dollar Conspiracy".

Want to know where the money is going?

The wealth is going to the bankers, owners of the global corporations and the military war machine.

While Jim Marrs is dismissed by the mainstream media as a conspiracy theorist, the facts in his book: The Trillion-Dollar Conspiracy, just can't be ignored.

Jim Marrs points out in this book that from 2008 to 2009 that national debt spiked up by $2 trillion to $12 trillion dollars. This is the single largest increase in a year. If every American man, woman, and child liquidated every asset they owned it still would not equal the amount of our nations debt.

Politicians, and talking heads in the media try to comfort the masses that our debt will be resolved by more government action and spending. What Jim Marrs will chronicle in this book, is how we got into this mess and who are the major players profiting from it all.

I know from my own research that our system of banking and government finance creates money from nothing (fiat currency) that must be paid back with interest. The banks, international corporations, and politicians benefit, from the fiat cash machine, but the average working American is burdened with paying the interest and principal of this fiat money. An impossible situation when the printed money supply can't catch up to the total volume of fiat principal and accumulation of made-up interest on top of made-up interest that banks and the Federal Reserve pile on the average working American.

This is why we have a failed economy, high unemployment and a high foreclosure rate. Once you read this book you will never trust your political leaders, banks, and international corporations when they try to sell you their latest spin. Jim will not only educate you on our banking system, but all the other pieces of the puzzle that has made a mess of our economy.

What you'll like about this book is that all the information Jim Marrs clearly details for you is also backed by sources. The "sources section" of Jim's book will allow you research websites, and other books to fact check everything stated, so you can have confidence the information is truthful. - James Garton author of 25 Ways To Make Money On-Line.

This book is pricey at $18.00 but worth every penny. The last part gives pointers on how to gain back our country and economy. Jim Marrs spells out exactly who is doing what and viable solutions.

I also suggest one additional book, "Hidden in Plain Sight" by Richard Sauder. He describes the subterranean tunneling going on all over America unbeknownst to the average American Taxpayer.

Maybe TPTB know something we don't and want to ensure they survive or are just plain hiding stuff. The video below is a over view called, "Hidden Empire" forward to 1:42 for beginning of speech.

Google Video Link

The money being poured into our underground building is phenominal - yet mysteriously kept very secret - (again with our tax money).

In the book, he talks at length about Dick Cheney's remodeling at the Vice President's mansion (below ground level). Evidently the noise going on for over a year disturbed Dick's neighbors because most of it was done at 2-4 AM. hmmmmmmmm
page 16, 61, 63-64, 90

No congressional oversight, theres a bottomless pit of money and endless resources at the President's disposal.

How much money are we talking about? Nobody's talking.

I'm still reading this book (Hidden In Plain Sight) and boy it's an eye opener.

This is what happens when you allow the corporations and the military to run a country and not the people.

Getting to sound more like Nazi Germany to me.

"People that are secure aren't worried about hiding. People who are really deeply scared want to go deeply underground because they need to hide what they are doing". - Richard Sauder

At 8:47 the slide shows 59 billion missing from HUD, according to auditors..........59 billion! "But don't you be late with your check to the IRS and you better be correct down to the penny.

Navy gets Army's allotment

Nasa costs can't be verified

"You see these little items pop up on the back pages of newspapers for one day and poof, their gone". All the while Paris and Lindsey Lohan get front page billing. (The old shell game - keep your eye on the shells)

Unknown BILLIONS missing from Native American Trust Fund (click to 10:10 on video). The land that was taken, the gold that is mined, the oil that is drilled, the timber, the minerals...........not going into the trust fund, it's being looted, but by who?

"The black budget, where trillions of dollars go in that are not held accountable.

Our government and corporations are into this thievery up to their necks.

Now, I use to run financial reports for large corporations before my job was outsourced to India and let me tell you, if you are off by a nickle, you hear about it, seriously.

Somebody is giving the American taxpayer a real good hand job.

The underground tunneling boaring machine from 1982 Nevada (22:04) Over two decades old, what do they have now?

As every year has gone by our government has grown more and more secretive and unaccounting. Hidden In Plain Sight is really, in my opinon, a really interesting read if you wonder where some of your tax dollars are going.

edit on 29-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by punterdeb

Originally posted by wcitizen

i hear what you are saying...but arnt the banks technically owned by the shareholders?????

Yes, the shareholders - like Rothschild.....they are all part of the 1%

And there are also the big investors - also part of the 1% - big corporations, with shareholders like.......yes, the Rothschilds, Rockefellers, etc. Soros is probably in there too.
second

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by punterdeb
that is scary. so where and when does it all end?

This criminal elite uses the money to buy power - bribes to politicians, bribes to foreign governments, etc, so they control much of the world. They want to reduce the world to slavery and reduce the world population by 2/3 so they can manage it better! That's where we are heading if it's not stopped.

That is what the bailout money is funding, ultimately, our own enslavement and murder.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
thanks for all the replies. special thanks too those who took the time to include the links.

this might be a stupid question without having watched the videos first, but couldnt in theory, countries turn around a say well we cant pay?. then what would happen....if they all did it at the same time. wouldnt this like re-set everything, and take down those clowns at the top with all the money.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Most of the money seems to have gone to foreign central banks. They funneled tax payer money into these banks as a means to hid the fact that the U.S. is insolvent. This is where the plunge protection team comes from.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join