It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where has all the money gone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Only a small portion of the $2.5 Trillion in bailouts and various Swap Windows, and other various
'facilities' ever got into the money-multiplier part of the economy at all...

those (wee in comparison) ammounts were seen as the several $100. Billions in Bonuses.

Much of the remaining 97% of the $2.5 Trillion is being held within the Banking world itself...
the Federal Reserve has demanded all participating banks keep even more 'excess reserves'
in the vaults of the FED itself.
Next, the Banks (no longer recognized as Investment banks) are required to have at least 10%
of their outstanding paper in the form of derivatives (averaging over $25 Trillion per bank) held
in reserve, the bad paper they sold is soon to repatriated to the issuing bank and those CDSs,
MBSs, CDOs and others are gonna gost each bank $100s of Billions...

All in all, the Banks/FED/ have reimbursed themselves $2.5 Trillion on about $25 Trillion of
bad debt papers & bonds & still need another $50 Trillion to have the minimum requirement
of collateral for the $300-500Trillion in derivatives already issued.
The money is boxed up at the Banks/FED and is not out circulating in the Main Street economy

And all i can foresee, is the Banks, Brokerages, Rating Agencies...continue to bequeath themselves
annual bonuses and swear that they are only touching 1/2 of 1% of the money thay are sitting on.

I say thank god the money isn't out circulating yet... or else inflation of prices would be running
over 25% right now ---- even as non-employment becomes a permanent circumstance....

feel good about that over-the-top- cost of that cherished Bachelors Degree yet ??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ADD: i just heard the NEWS snippet of Obama talking of the Freeze, that will result in saving $2 bn this year and 'accumulative effect' of $28 bn in 5 years...\ i think the ploy is to figure in the cost of interest payments
if the un-Frozen expense was figured out.
Recall that Obama weeks ago proposed that all federal workers were going to receive a 1.4% pay increase,

now it seems that the civilian part of federal workers will not receive the increase, lets wait &^ see if the deserving Military stll get to keep their raises.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
You don't want to know.

No really.

You don't want to know.

If I tell, the urge to destroy this post
will overwhelm any use the information may bring.

=======================

How can I be so confident saying this?
Surely everyone is different, so it is impossible for everyone
to hate or disagree with what I write.

My answer to that, is no. Not in this case. There are too many enchanted words,
to much agenda oriented political posturing, and too little real education
for anyone to hear what I'm saying without making sure I'm dead first.

=======================

Then why am I writting this?
Because I am going to tell you where the money went.
But then I'm going to log off and not come back for a week.
Maybe two. Maybe not till after christmass.

You know why?
Cause I don't want to hear it.
There is no reason for me to sit here
and experience a scorched earth policy
against my post, when three years from now
everyone will _know_ this stuff, but till then I'm a heretic.

And when the age or reason finally dawns,
no one weaps for all the burned witches
from the day before.

======================

Enron collapse
All those guys indicted at the top had no clue that Enron was a front for the Black Budget of our intel communities. After the new york disaster they had to reposition quickly and the money was moved. The guys who took the fall probably still don't know what really happened.

Housing Bubble
Everyone who lost a house they were living in was because no one is paid a fair wage anymore. Used to be that if someone got married ... they got a raise. If someone had a child ... they got a raise. If someone bought a house ... they got a raise. This entire, well publicized episode is just a clever way of not admitting that divorce is profitable for women, and women who flip houses can proove to each other that they are better off without a man. Call me any name you want. The housing bubble was the extinction line of the extended family.

Bank failures
There is a computer program that can predict the stock market. Let me say that again. There is a computer program that can predict the stock market. It's almost 20 years old, and still almost no one seems to know about it. If you are not buying a stock that pays dividends, and if you are buying a stock for any reason other than to recieve dividends, then you are being had. Derivatives are another word for crack coc aine. It is not food. It is not productive.

Advertizing
What is this all about. Why does the total advertizing budget of the world almost exceed the actual cost of making everything in the world. It's simple. We stopped watching TV like it was a religion. Remember when the fall sweeps was the big to-do for the Neilson ratings. Well one year, no one showed up to watch all the new shows that fall. This meant that the broadcasters couldn't charge nearly as much for comercials. Where had all the people gone? They were on the net, playing online games. A place where advertizers not only had zero penitration, but massively entrenched resistance. Didn't you ever wonder why there are so many free mmo's now, and only a few websites that can operate without advertizing dollars. Doesn't anyone remember that a single comercial on a website used to = death for that site. It is not a coincidence that we don't make as much money anymore and have newfound respect for Madison Avenue.

Space Travel
The one growth industry that America used to have. The one that we were the leaders in. The one that used to be the hope for the future, was destroyed with a simple smart alec comment. "We have enough problems here on earth." Yeah right. And now that we have abandoned our own futures to fix things quote here-on-earth end quote, how's that working out?

Customer service
Have you been through a drive through at a fast food restaurant lately? A line of cars around the building idling and burning gas for a half hour, while the person in the window is talking on their cell phone. If it costs a company $5,000 to hire, insure, train, uniform, file paperwork on, manage, feed, and be sensitive to their harrasment fears, but that employee drives off two customers a day. Who never return. Where do you think that money is going. That's right, it's being spent to provide safe environments for people to text each other. This is the opposite of value added. I would outsource too. And not because it's cheeper, but because I can't afford bankruptcy. Imigrant labor is a form of outsourcing.

Insurance
Massive early retirements by doctors was caused by predatory insurance rates. No one remembers that before we had a health care crisis we used to have doctors who could afford to practice. The small owner opperator Doctors' office has been made extinct by a collusion between politics and insurance conglomerates. Now we have a bunch of doctors who are nothing but cogs in a system, who join that system weighed down by massive education depts. Don't get me started on how many people DID NOT receive a penny for their flood insurance after Katrina.

Where is all the money
I worked in a vault. Money deposited is recorded in the red. It is recorded as a negative number. Untill it is loaned out, at interest, it is doing the bank no good and only constitutes a cost. At the highest levels everyone knows this. I think they like to keep everyone freaked out on purpose. OMG, if I had a billion in debt I wouldn't know what-to-do.

Look at it this way. You own a carnival. At the entrance your teller sells tickets. Everyone has to buy tickets to ride the rides. Say the teller is given a spool of 100 tickets. This is recorded at minus one hundred. As cash is taken in and tickets go out, it offsets the deficit. But as long as the total cash and number of remaining tickets = 100, there is no theft.

Then there is a line of ten people. Fine, and well. Each one can buy ten tickets, ride several rides, loose a few tickets, still have fun. But say this day there are 100 people in line, and the first ten buy ten tickets each. You now have 90 angry people with crying children who can't get in. So you give the teller a spool of a thousand tickets. It's now a deficit of 1,100 dollars. And increase of 1100% in debt. Omg omg, chicken little chicken little. Alert the press. News anchors from around the world converge and announce grimly into the camera "this little carnival is massively in debt by over a thousand percent." The remaining 90 people in line are happy though, but that's not reported. And strangely enough, people stop showing up for the carnival. So just at the moment you, the carnival owner, was going to have your best year ever... all your customers stopped comming.

You wana know where the money went?
You burned it when you lost faith in your own country.
All the way back when you said space is too dangerous, or I wana sue my doctor.

So you tell me.
Where did all the value added go?

It's been fun
my work here is done
David Grouchy out

new topics

<< 1   >>

join