It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheeple of America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Ok, so this might spark some serious contention, that's not the object. This is my first thread, so please don't slaughter me. I just need to get something off my chest.

So, I have something to say/ask from the Americans on this site. Let me give you quick insight as to what's happened. A friend of mine, not an ATS member, her uncle died recently, the funeral is tomorrow (Tuesday 30th November). His daughter is a U.S. citizen lives there, works there, and whatnot. She booked her flights, to get from wherever she is, to NY, to fly out to SA from there. Nobody even once told her, that she needed to be early for her flight to NY which is still within the country's borders. So she went 2 hours early as per normal. She had made sure that she would be 4 hours early for her flight from NY to SA, because she'd actually be leaving the country. TSA wouldn't let her board her plane to NY. She even tried to explain to them she has to go to her father's funeral, they didn't want to know anything about it. She was supposed to be 6 hours early for her flight to NY. Ok, that in itself is insane!!! But moving on moving on ...

She is now going to miss all her flights, when she finally boards her plane in NY for SA tomorrow morning, the funeral is starting, and there is no way to move the funeral now so close to the date. This girl, is going to miss her own father's funeral, because of the TSA and their insane policies, when in fact it is their fault, for not letting her know she had to be 6 hours early for her flights to NY.

What I want to say and know is this: I understand, after 9/11 you want to fight terrorism, even if everything indicates that it's your own government that are the terrorists, but I understand you guys want to fight terror. I watched the news all day that day, and cried most of that day. I couldn't believe that people could do such a terrible thing to somebody else. That day showed me just how twisted, self-righteous and self absorbed people can be. Here is my statement though: YOU CAN NOT FIGHT TERROR WITH TERROR. TSA is doing nothing other than terror at a different level. My question is: WHY ARE YOU NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT?

My father died in March, I can not imagine the state I would be in, if I couldn't make it to his funeral, because nobody told me I have to be 6 hours early for a flight, that's not even leaving the country yet. It's terror from a different angle, and they are doing it to YOU, they are your fellow country men, and they are doing it to YOU. Why are you not stopping them? Why are you not taking action? I'm not saying get violent, I'm simply saying there are ways to stop these people, but YOU are the ones that HAVE to stand up for yourselves, or it's NEVER GOING TO CHANGE. If you continue to docilely sit around, waiting for someone else to do something about your problem, then nothing is going to happen, because that's what everybody else is doing too. You're waiting for them, and they're waiting for you, so it's not going to happen. These people took away thousands of loved ones on 9/11, mothers fathers, children, wives, husbands. They destroyed lives. And now you're allowing them to bully you like this? Why? Did they break you? Is your spirit broken, America? Is it? Are you really going to let them terrorize you further after everything they have already done to you?

You tell SA to help Zim sort out their problems, because we're neighboring countries, we're on the same continent, but you can't help yourselves?

What ever happened to America, the greatest country in the world, the land of freedom and hope? What happened to patriotism? What happened to love your country? Are you doing anything in that line, or have you just given up and are you now just allowing them to do whatever they want with you, your children, your families? Tell us, America, are we supposed to be preparing to lay America to rest?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Fenix777

This is probably the only story I've ever heard ever of the TSA actually getting in the way of someone's plans at the airport, certainly the only of its caliber. Despite everything I've seen on the news, my experiences and the experiences of others that I know since 9/11 at the airport has always been fine.

That being said, I do understand that things this holiday season have been worse than how they have been reported to have been just after 9/11 (full body scans/searches, your story, etc.)

So what, from my perspective, seams to be the case is that just after 9/11, we freak out security wise, understandably so, then mellow out for nearly the rest of the decade, until now, where security has seemingly spontaneously tightened to an unreasonable degree.

This tells me that the government knows something big is planned to happen. For the first time in nearly ten years, they are suddenly not taking any chances. Something is up, and for once, I'm not convinced is merely the behavior of an emerging police state.

edit on 29-11-2010 by Abe7Fig because: needed to fix some atrocious grammatical errors

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I simply refuse to fly. But as far as that goes, there's really precious little we can do as long as the people who are tired of it are the minority. Until then, we're still going to have the majority voting for those who want to steal our rights just to make them feel safe (whether the policies that take our rights away actually protect us or not). You can talk to people and let them know how much bs some of this stuff is, but most of them won't get it until they are violated themselves.

Take the Rapiscans and the TSA sexual assault searches for example. Most people think that I'm a paranoid weirdo for talking about how much bs they are...and then they try to fly somewhere and see for themselves just how ludicrous it is and see that maybe I've got a point. Now, if they start putting these things on subways and trains and that sort of thing, we might actually get somewhere.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Abe7Fig, this thread involves the TSA, yes, but it's more than that, it involves everything else too. this thread is more about you, the people.

gnosticquasar, what makes you think you are in the minority? Everything I have seen indicates to me you are in the majority.

Thanks guys for replying

edit on 29-11-2010 by Fenix777 because: ETA

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fenix777
What ever happened to America, the greatest country in the world, the land of freedom and hope?

Crooked people have tried to jockey for positions through contributions, lies, taxes and not a care in the world for you or me. Our interests are what get the votes, but through the same old failed system we lose sight on the fact that we never were one of their interests in the first place. Population is growing, therefore government is growing.
Put your seatbelt on and enjoy the simpler things in life. Have a cookie, an orgasm and do what makes you happy and do it quick before they put restrictions on it.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

This much is true, and I love your analogy, have a cookie and an orgasm before they place restrictions on those ... BUT ... then what? Live with the new restrictions? Wait for the next batch? And so the rope tightens and tightens ever so gradually, without you noticing it, giving you enough time to adjust every time. Leaving you willing and pliable in their hands. Before you know it, you are nothing but ash. Is this the legacy America wants to leave? That they allowed themselves to become ash, because it was easier?

History has shown, that where people stand together, they can move mountains.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

They will do whatever they want for their agenda. It's their agenda.

People say to 'do something about it', but I don't quite think they know what 'doing something about it' really entails.

Let me tell you something.

The ONLY way to fight FIRE is WITH FIRE.

Freedom ended when the Reptilians got here.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

What ever happened to America, the greatest country in the world, the land of freedom and hope?

That all ended when we started letting people in from anywhere for any reason.

America had always been a nation of immigrants but they use to insure those that came here would be productive and contribute to society and become part of the American experience.

That all ended when we first opened our doors to Vietnamese refugees then it just went crazy after that.

People came here and never were productive but lived off government handouts.

It has become a society of people living off the productive society as small as it is now.

The U.S as a federal entity will totally fail in about 20 years.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It's total sh*t, the TSA are total sh*t, the USA is total sh*t, and most Americans aren't worth a sh*t. If they were, things would have never gotten this bad. When anything oppressive happens there it should be no surprise. Ask youself if the action would surprise you if it occured in nazi Germany and if the answer is no, then it shouldn't surprise you if it happens in the US.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Things are getting to the point that people are starting to take notice.... American citizens are realizing the extent to which our rights are eroding. Unfortunately... and history shows this... things will have to get a lot worse before any large amount starts to demonstrate "civil disobedience."

Only 30% of the colonists were in favor of seeking independence from England. That means 70% were in favor of staying with the Crown. It wasn't until the British started to tighten it's reigns and really interupt the colonist's day to day life that many picked up arms against the king... ie search and seizures, conscription, taxes, destruction of property, imprisonment, etc.

Same for the Civil War...both North and South. Most people didn't want the war....they neither cared if the South seceeded, if the South maintained slavery, nor did they care to leave the Union. Only when political conditions deteriorated and Lincoln called on militias and states to put down the political rebellion did the bulk of the South get behind the war... and even after horrendous casualties, Lincoln had to turn the war into a crusade to get the North in for the long haul.

Look at WWII. Up until Pearl Harbor, most Americans were happy to let Europe fight it's own war...Japan and China were a very long ways off and the plight of it's people against totalinarianism was none of our business.

So, until TSA pat downs and search and seizures become a routine part of American's everyday life on trains, subways, ball games etc.... many people still do not fly.... then most Americans won't be troubled by the tyranny.

However, there is a very real and growing sense of anger and unease...just below the surface. Americans will put up with a lot of BS, but I fear it will be some random act...an accident almost...that snowballs very quickly. Some act or tragedy that so galvanizes the citizens that civil disobedience will manifest itself quickly. As the government reacts and tries to gain control, violence breaks out...at that point, all bets are off.

I still liken it to the scene in "V is for Vendetta", where the little girl is tragically killed by a government officer, and all hell breaks loose.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I am an American and the whole current TSA situation is making my blood boil.

In no way trying to advertise my threads but, I created Constructive Solutions: TSA, Full-body Scanners, and "Grope-downs" and only got one reply.

Fenix778, I have no idea what's wrong with my fellow countrymen! It's the same reaction even with my family and friends. They listen but they never seem to sincerely care.

I'm not one to protest or hold signs, especially not alone. I would join a movement, but I don't see too many others as concerned as I am. People are starting to make me feel like maybe I am being paranoid and overreacting.

So I'm just writing my congressmen/women, and trying my hardest to spread some sense to my social network. I really feel like everyone has been broken... no morale.

P.S.
I feel horrible for your friend. No one in a "free nation" should have to undergo such a situation. Her story will encourage me to keep writing to my elected officials and trying to get people here to snap out of it and take a stand. Thank you for sharing her story, it won't be in vain.

edit on 11/29/10 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

I can only hope you are right. And that it isn't too late.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Hi everyone

Just a quick message to let you all know, I'll be back later to come and reply, thank you all for your comments and replies. Right now, I have to continue with my other responsibilities, so I'll be back later today.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Our realizations towards our so-called "freedoms" and such are just a slow and painful course to the truth. Most "'Americans" cannot even fathom the "fact" that their freedoms have been long gone. We live in a world of consequence and illusion.

There has been a way out, but has not been used in so long that it is covered with cobwebs. Our lives will never be the same, and our truths are what is told to us. Our minds have been washed, dry cleaned and pressed. We are ready for Sheeple Inc.

This is the truth whether people wan to hear it or not.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fenix777

It's terror from a different angle, and they are doing it to YOU, they are your fellow country men, and they are doing it to YOU. Why are you not stopping them? Why are you not taking action? I'm not saying get violent, I'm simply saying there are ways to stop these people, but YOU are the ones that HAVE to stand up for yourselves, or it's NEVER GOING TO CHANGE. If you continue to docilely sit around, waiting for someone else to do something about your problem, then nothing is going to happen, because that's what everybody else is doing too. You're waiting for them, and they're waiting for you, so it's not going to happen. These people took away thousands of loved ones on 9/11, mothers fathers, children, wives, husbands. They destroyed lives. And now you're allowing them to bully you like this? Why? Did they break you? Is your spirit broken, America? Is it? Are you really going to let them terrorize you further after everything they have already done to you?

You tell SA to help Zim sort out their problems, because we're neighboring countries, we're on the same continent, but you can't help yourselves?

What ever happened to America, the greatest country in the world, the land of freedom and hope? What happened to patriotism? What happened to love your country? Are you doing anything in that line, or have you just given up and are you now just allowing them to do whatever they want with you, your children, your families? Tell us, America, are we supposed to be preparing to lay America to rest?

This will probably sound paranoid or maybe like it belongs in the Hoax forum, but to answer your question, I have to suggest something that very few people have allowed themselves to entertain as a serious notion - and for obvious reasons.

Since the Attacks of 9/11, this nation's entire government has been lurching from one bizarre reaction to another, and allowing all sorts of confusing policy initiative to get launched, some with devastating effects on our economy and fiscal stability. Two enormously expensive wars that have been aimless at best, a domestic and foreign policy that's scared the hell out of responsible geopolitical veterans, political/media discourse that's bordered on lunacy regardless of which party has been in power, and literally no one having to pay for the most obvious series of domestic and international legal violations this generation has ever witnessed, even after some of them going so far as to publishing books where they blatantly confess - in detail - to those well-established crimes.

Each time another of these incidents blindsides us, there are those few pundits who can't help but shake their heads and wonder if it's their own screwed up perception or is there really something that seriously wrong with the officially sanctioned reality of the United States. Lately, it's been about the tax cuts, and how the defenders of those enormously expensive revenue cuts can be allowed to demand much smaller cuts in survival programs that will literally cripple this nation's capacity to do what a government is designed to do - provide for the safety and basic security of the society that it was brought into existence to serve. Again, the obvious insanity of the debate has been allowed to be portrayed as a mere difference in ideology, even if it's only in this society (among every modern society on the planet) that such an obviously inane debate would ever be allowed to actually affect public policy.

The truth is that there's a very real, and disturbing reason for why the years following the 9/11 Attacks have been so flagrantly insane in this society, and it isn't due to the ineptness of the DNC or the craven viciousness of the GOP, or the sudden inability of either side to comprehend that feeding the rich and starving the poor will ultimately end with the poor eating the rich - literally. It has to do with what occurred a week after the 9/11 Attacks.

People don't connect the Anthrax Attacks with the 9/11 Attacks, but they should. Each of the Anthrax Attack letters referenced the 9/11 Attacks, and at first, they were associated with those attacks. Then, when it was discovered that the spores and the technology required to properly prepare those spores as a weaponized agent, tied the mailing to a DoD lab in Maryland, the connection vanished into thin air. What also vanished was the FBI's investigation into these terror attacks. These 9/11 related terror attacks.

The most we got were two clumsy attempts to tie federal employees to the mailings, with neither suspect having the capability to do any more than gain access to the raw, unprocessed spores. One guy was even hounded to suicide, with his own son bribed with a Mustang (that's a pretty cheap price to sell your own dad) in exchange for a deposition pointing the potential blame at the old man. But the case was never made, and still, there's no investigation into who it was that spent (it's approximated) three years processing those Anthrax spores - off the official business clock of any government lab facility - to weaponize this stuff, and make it available for use a week after the 9/11 attacks as a back-to-back series of related terror events. Well, related until the Anthrax itself gave away the only place it could've been manufactured.

So, what does that have to do with the crazy sh*t that our elected leaders (on both sides of the isle) have been engaged in since those attacks? What you need to realize is that the 9/11 Attack scenario, was the "Hello, we're here!" event, and the Anthrax mailings scenario was the "...so, now that we have your attention, we need to you know what we have hanging over your head from now on. We need to talk." event.

There's an old saying that if you want to know which way the wind is blowing, look to see what's being pushed by that wind. Leaves in a tree. A wind vane. Tall grass. There are lots of ways to tell. The wind itself is invisible, but since it's so enormous and relatively omnipotent, what it can't do is hide its impact on everything around it. If you know where to look, you can chase the wind down without any problem at all. Even if you can't control it, or capture it, you can know which way it's blowing.

Well, serious geopolitical power is the same as wind. It's invisible, and will always be invisible, but the impact it has on everything it touches reveals it in the same way that leaves in a tree reveal a narrow slip of breeze high above where you're standing at the moment. If we want to know that there is a heavy pressure being exerted in the political world, we only need to look at the impact of that pressure on the folks who get paid to stand on the national stage and defend that impact on their decisions. Since 9/11, and the mysteriously disappearing-reappearing Anthrax Attacks investigation, the impact has been going in only one direction - from the have-nots to the haves. But that seems a bit simplistic, to just tag "the rich" with being behind all of this mayhem. And I agree. Tagging "the rich" is part of the narrative that's been allowed to metastasize since this all started.

The real money has gone to a very small group of international "business interests", with the beginning focus restricted to bringing back the Cold War economy. The problem is that the original project has undergone what is know as "scope creep", and now it involves enormous banking interests, as well as a variety of other large corporate sectors. You see, Im not the only one who's been able to pick up on the waving leaves of this disturbing venture. There have been others, but they're looking for their share of the spoils, and if not, then everyone goes down together.

So, how do they have it rigged to allow for all of the idiocy in Washington DC to continue to feed their bank accounts? Isn't the USA the most powerful military force on Earth? Yes, it is. However, when they mailed that handful of letters out in 2001, that wasn't all the Anthrax they had. Not by a long shot. In fact, the very top tier of the Federal Government and the Mainstream Media giants (the big three) have had this gun pointed at their heads since that week after the 9/11 Attacks. And the scary part is that we - the American public - are the hostages that are in the crosshairs. If they stop doing what an increasing assortment of business sector interests demand of them - from gutting the Health Reform bill, to extending the Bush Tax Cuts, to maintaining the $2 billion per month drain on our Treasury in the Middle East, to playing along with the "financial meltdown" and subsequent bailout, to who-knows-what's-next - then the 2001 Anthrax scare will be nothing compared to what'll hit our cities, our airline transportation hubs, our stadium events, and wherever else a big crowd gathers.

You want to know why noting makes sense in America anymore? The silliness exists to keep everything in a state of ridiculous confusion, so that no one will be looking at the leaves being pushed around by wind. The policy craziness just gets lost within the rest of the craziness, as the top layer frets over what the hell to do about the way that the ransom keeps shifting on them.

Think I'm going off the deep end? Okay. I hope so, but nothing explains why the entire professional class has lost its marbles any better. Unless you want to suggest that all these seasoned pros suddenly lost it due to those jets hitting those buildings in NYC. Sure, I'll accept that they were affected, but I can't accept that they lost their ability to make a reasoned assessment. Especially considering the extreme nature of what they've allowed to develop in the last several years. No, there's something else happening here, and the leaves re showing that it's a wind we've never dealt with before.

Just be grateful that you live on the other side of the planet from us. This ugly situation is long from being resolved. In fact, I doubt that the original perpetrators are even in control of it anymore.
edit on 11/30/2010 by NorEaster because: typo

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tinnitus7

I've learned in life that fighting fire with fire is not necessarily the best way. Sometimes the best way may be to starve it of oxygen, or douse it with water.

What I mean by this, is that if the PTB are starved of their life giving substance, they can't exist. So how do we starve them of their life giving substance? Scream against the taxes that are being used to restrict our freedom of movement etc. If you don't pay the taxes then they can't pay the TSA, can they?

To douse them, peaceful protesting, such as e few hundred people just walking straight through the airport security without any form of aggression and into the departures area will show them that their methods are not necessarily what is required for our safety.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

I agree whole-heartedly. South Africa is a good example of what you are talking about where 4 million taxpayers support the entire country's structures. More than 48 million don't pay tax and just reap the benefits.

I believe the best way to eradicate people sponging off others, is a value added tax where the more you spend the more tax you pay. Drop income tax completely, and put up VAT to 20%, that way, when they make the purchases, they pay their fair share.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Terrorism against any country and innocent people is unacceptable, no matter where or from who. I am not American, I do have American friends and I support any action taken against radicals who believe in furthering their aims by hitting at soft civilian targets, it is total cowardice.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Fenix777 because: Bad grammar

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Very well put, and thanks for the input.

I believe in the right to peaceful demonstration and civil disobedience must be peaceful or we are no better than the terrorists who try and force their beliefs upon us, but then again isn't the government doing just that?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Many thanks. I honestly don't need to say more, your words reflect exactly what I am trying to bring across.

It is unfortunate that you only got one person to reply to your thread. People need to look at positive ways to fix this problem, and chip in and come up with better ideas, that's exactly what I meant by you guys must stand together.

You are approaching it correctly by writing to your congressmen/woman, let's just hope they listen. I will make a point of looking in on your thread. It's a good healthy positive approach.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join