It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheeple of America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Time to bring out the dusters. Sahabi in his/her thread outlines the first steps, that must be taken to give the government a wake-up call.

Remember the pen is mightier than the sword and if the PTB receive sufficient correspondence, they will have to wake up and realize that their voters are no longer with them.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Thank you. Your post makes very interesting reading and I agree with your assessment of the situation.

I must ask, if a gun were pointed at your head, for long enough, would you eventually tire of being at the mercy of the gunman or would you devote every minute of your life from there on forward to appease him? Sooner or later a person's patience wears thin and they look for other ways to get out of the situation.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fenix777
reply to post by NorEaster

Thank you. Your post makes very interesting reading and I agree with your assessment of the situation.

I must ask, if a gun were pointed at your head, for long enough, would you eventually tire of being at the mercy of the gunman or would you devote every minute of your life from there on forward to appease him? Sooner or later a person's patience wears thin and they look for other ways to get out of the situation.

I'm actually keeping my eye on this whole WikiLeaks situation. Two releases have finally established the credibility of this thing, and I read today that they shut down the submissions portal - too much stuff, they said, but I'm skeptical. This winter, they'll be releasing documents pertaining to a large banking scandal that (supposedly) will result in criminal investigations on the Enron scale. To me - and this may just be me hoping against hope - it seems as if our government isn't exactly freaking out about these leaks, and none of the leaks, so far, are actually damaging to any real extent. Even Sec. Clinton was kind of joking about them yesterday, in reference to a conversation she had with one of her foreign counterparts over snide remarks that make the cut. In fact, it almost feels like a controlled public dump, aimed at establishing these leaks as being legitimate and credible.

I guess we'll find out soon enough if this WikiLeaks thing is a counter threat against the folks who've been pulling strings and using the Anthrax threat as their leverage. Like I said, the weird lean is coming from an increasingly broad direction as the years have dragged on, and my guess (seeing as even the DNC is quickly caving to this crap) is that control of this whole thing has gotten away from the folks who paid to put it in place. After all, they wouldn't want to be fingered by anyone who might've learned of this whole mess through a private intelligence firm's capitalizing on unearthed information, so who's going to tell the newest in the long line of folks cashing in that they can't have a piece of the pie?

There's no way in hell that the US government would see direct confrontation as an acceptable risk. Tens of thousands of deaths would be certain, and a lot more probably. Remember when Cirpro was going to be stockpiled for everyone? Yeah, I kinda forgot about how important that once was too. Believe me, the leaves waving on the branches as a result of this wind are too numerous to list. Maybe this WikiLeaks thing isn't a startegic counter measure, trying to at least make it dangerous for the new members of the gravy train to jump in with both hands out, but it would be a plausible reason for the Anthrax owners to suggest that they stop being crazy with their demands.

I don't know. Maybe it's just a good plot for a novel, but there are some really odd indications surrounding all the stuff that's not making sense at the federal level. Not everything happens for no real reason. Sometimes, things that seem related, really are related.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join