It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mutant strain of E.coli found in baby unit!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
A hospital is battling an outbreak of a rare mutant killer superbug on it's premature baby unit. The ward has been shut down while doctors try to eradicate the potentially lethal ESBL E.coli bacteria.
It was found breeding on the skin of newborns and could cause fatal blood poisoning if it enters the their bodies.
The esbl strain of E.coli is far more dangerous thN the type that causes food poisoning.
It has mutated to be extremely aggressive and resistant to antibiotics.
Experts think It entered the uk on imported chickens.
Bosses at the queen Elizabeth hospital in south east London has stopped taking new admissions..
These diseases seem to be getting stronger with every strain, and more resistant to drugs..
Will there one day be a disease that just wipes out most of our populations around the world? Are some of these diseases manufactured in labs and escape or are released into society?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Could you please provide a source, it would be very helpful and much appreciated.
anyhow star and flag.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Tried to put link up but am not sure how to do it... If you google a few key words, you will find many sources to this story

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by hillyspic01

Sorry tried to put a link but don't know how to do it (I'm using a phone) if you google some key words you get many results for this story..

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Here is what I found ill post it might be of some help.
www.medicalnewstoday.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by hillyspic01

Thanks for that..

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Alex Jones talk about this disease from time to time. Oh, looks like he's right again.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The article linked is a bit old.

Article Date: 25 Sep 2007

Maybe someone can find something recent?

Here is a current article, but it's from The Sun.

Sun Article
edit on 29-11-2010 by ahimsa because: To add the Sun link

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ahimsa

I didn't actually check the link... There are many stories on a google search.. Also heard it on the radio earlier.. Thanks for leaving another link..

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by drkid
Alex Jones talk about this disease from time to time. Oh, looks like he's right again.

Can you point me in the right direction to this I dont listen to alex jones very much but I'd be interested into what he had to say about this matter. thanks in advance

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I dont think this one was constructed mainly because its in a hospital. Hospitals are litterly breeding grounds for superbugs.
It wouldnt suprise me if this was just a new strain of ebola because many people dont take their antibiotics properly and this results in immunity.
Its pretty sad though, poor little kiddies

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
LAWSUITS PEOPLE, LAWSUITS!!!!!!!

Anyone whom is effected by this sort of thing, GET A LAWYER and get compensated.

Life is MISERABLE enough right now for most common folk families. We most defintely do not need ANY MORE FREAKIN' PROBLEMS in life to deal with.

How much more BAD news can we handle every second of every day any more???

UN--FLIPPEN--BELEIVABLE.

join