It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Finally Admits To One of the Greatest Coverups of World War II

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
How is this news? We've known for years that the Russians were responsible for the massacre. It's disturbing that many actually still believed the Germans were the ones who did it considering the footage of German officers with Polish officers examining the bodies of the murdered that's been around since...well, the day it happened.

It's not news.

It's news for people who haven't learned WWII history.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

This is an ongoing thing, no one knows the total sum of the slaughters, much less the number of victims. Not trying to justify it but it happened in biblical times, in biblical lands by biblical people. There is no civilization that is exempt from these crimes against humanity. If all the nations of the world do not severely limit the POWER taken by politicians this evil will continue. Today is the time to start, to say enough. Our life is in the hands of megalomaniacs that are desirous of proving the vast powers they control by using them.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
look up what they did to the Ukrainians, and this pales in comparison.

www.dpcamps.org...
edit on 29-11-2010 by canuckster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Originally posted by pirhanna
Stalin also had Lenin poisoned. Then he purged his military of nearly all leadership with mass executions of officers to insure his power.

People today ridicule communism, but really what they are ridiculing is Stalinism, because he completely derailed the original communists for his own made power grab. Stalin is estimated to have caused the deaths of more people than HItler.

A Common oft quoted excuse my brother: "That wasn't "communism" it was somebodies sick demented brand.

Hmmm what seems to be the connecting thread here? Pol Pot ( Cambodian kmer rouge); Mao( "peoples"republic of china"): Stalin: each responsible for purges killing millions of their own citizens.

Communism looks great on paper and fine details can be debated endlessly by those thoughtful and steeped in it. Funny how it always turns out though; Totalitarianism and mass killings.Getting into a debate over it is a trap.they have all the answers worked out. There is no need to debate any of it it. when you take those wonderful sounding ideas and mix in the human animal, you get rifle butts thrust into the faces of old ladies.

be well citizen

edit on 29-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

Not that I'm a communist, but as a rebuttal: Pol Pot and Mao were both the results of Stalinism, not true Marxism or Leninism so that's not really a great argument imo. I just think we have to view things for what they are, not for what we have been indoctrinated to believe through the multiple decades of the red scare.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

I'm curious why they had to confess this now, and at all?

Russians are probably worried Stalin's emails will be leaked to Wikileaks.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by asperetty

I'm curious why they had to confess this now, and at all?

Russians are probably worried Stalin's emails will be leaked to Wikileaks.

LOL that's awesome.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAnnunaki

lets go

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

Stalin truly was a hero of WW2 I just can't believe the lack of coverage this is getting, were it not for him we wouldn't have won WW2. Those Polish soldiers surely must have done something to deserve this. If i met this man in real life i'd surely without a doubt introduce him to my sister.

And to all the haters, go away we don't need this kind of rubbish on the forums. Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

Deny Ignorance my friends

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
Pol Pot and Mao were both the results of Stalinism, not true Marxism or Leninism so that's not really a great argument imo.

You forgot to mention that Pol Pot, leader of the Khmer Rouge, also killed nearly two and a half million Cambodians in an attempt to "cleanse" the country. The thing is, Pol Pot did that in a three year period between 1976 and 1979. On the night of April 15, 1998, Pot died in his sleep all the while waiting to be tried in front of an international tribunal. One of Pot's close confidants said that Pol Pot died of heart failure. However, the former commandant of Cambodia's Tuol Sleng prison testified last year that if it wasn't for the policy of the United States at the time contributed to the Khmer Rouge's rise to power."

If this is true as well, then it does not surprise me that the United States has played and dealt such a hand when it comes to these Stalin-like leaders.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by iamAccnrh

Helping an old lady cross the road will not cancel out the murderer's crimes.

They say Hitler was a hero too.
edit on 29/11/2010 by DGFenrir because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamAccnrh

Stalin truly was a hero of WW2 I just can't believe the lack of coverage this is getting, were it not for him we wouldn't have won WW2. Those Polish soldiers surely must have done something to deserve this. If i met this man in real life i'd surely without a doubt introduce him to my sister.

And to all the haters, go away we don't need this kind of rubbish on the forums. Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

Deny Ignorance my friends

This is where I strongly disagree with you, to say that without USSR we would have not won the WWII is to have ignorance about the true history of World War II. There are many secrets of World War II that we are not even aware of, and we can never trust the true history book because history book is written by the victors through histories, which is why there are many of forgotten, oppressed, and hidden history within history. Each of allied needed each other and there were so many different factors that would have lead WWII into a whole different World War II. So it is unwise to assume thing, however Stalin is never a true hero and will never be. He have done too many of terrible thing that leads to many millions death of the people same way as what Hitler have done, there is no way he will ever make up for it. However, who is TRUE hero is the soldiers who fought the war for the better future of everyone that lead to the victory of allied all around the world.

Chaoic out...
edit on 30-11-2010 by Chaoic_Black_Dragon because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2010 by Chaoic_Black_Dragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

It is a good day when all the lies in this world are uncovered. I have seen these graves while traveling from Russia to Belarus and the sad thing is is that there are so many more grave sites scattered through those two countries. Lets hope that the families of these people get some closure now, if any survived through those dark times.
Peace to all.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

Haha definitely. Actually re-confirms. Didn't Stalin do random public executions of his own workers to keep them down and living in fear?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Well, this is something. But when they will admit something about this?

POLISH PLANE CRASH TRUTH VIDEO:

I think we will have to wait more 60 years.
edit on 30-11-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
reply to post by die_another_day

This is an ongoing thing, no one knows the total sum of the slaughters, much less the number of victims. Not trying to justify it but it happened in biblical times, in biblical lands by biblical people. There is no civilization that is exempt from these crimes against humanity. If all the nations of the world do not severely limit the POWER taken by politicians this evil will continue. Today is the time to start, to say enough. Our life is in the hands of megalomaniacs that are desirous of proving the vast powers they control by using them.

When the Communists, Nazis, and Japanese say they've killed 1 person, they've probably killed 1 more and raped and tortured 10 more. There are Holocaust deniers and even today the Japanese government refuses to acknowledge any wrongdoing.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The Holocaust was the greatest coverup of WW2 and mankind history.

The Zionists and Jewish exaggerated the 6 million massacre committed by Nazi Germans by more than half. They gathered millions of so-called victims' glasses and clothing, and wrote history. The real death toll stood well below 3 million.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
The Holocaust was the greatest coverup of WW2 and mankind history.

The Zionists and Jewish exaggerated the 6 million massacre committed by Nazi Germans by more than half. They gathered millions of so-called victims' glasses and clothing, and wrote history. The real death toll stood well below 3 million.

(Sarcasm on)

Less that three million? Whew! And here I was thinking it was some horrible number like 6 or more million.

Thanks for clearing that up. Wow, less than three million! Guess it's not a holocaust after all.

(Sarcasm off)

kix

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes
the russians should pull stalin from his grave and dress him up as a clown, then sell his body to a circus side show as the greatest nuttjob in history

If they made a museum for such people, it would be larger that the Metropolitan and have more clowns than you can count...

I wonder how many monsters are worshipped everyday and their terrible crimes are still undetected.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Stalin was probably the most ruthless tyrants of all time. The man was a vile creature, who would stop at nothing to cement his power and authority. People familiar with WWII history have known for a long time that he and his NKVD were responsible for the Katyn Massacre. It holds all the hallmarks of activities undertook in the Soviet Union by Stalin to purge opposition and threats to his absolute power prior to the massacre.

In Stalin's mind, those Polish Army officers were a liability to his rule of Poland, and it would have been easier to liquidate them than keep them around. This guy was responsible for decimating the Red Army prior to the Nazi Invasion, mass deportations, starving out millions in the Ukraine to bolster his collectivization endeavors, and in fact, personally signing thousands of death warrants for people on his enemies list. The Polish POW's where on that list as well. His cruelty is on par with Hitler, or worse, considering the body count directly assigned to him during his rule.

It is good that the Russian government has finally come clean about one of the greatest tragedies of the Second World War. However, it is far to late, because the conspiratord are long gone and pushing up daisies. Still, it will set things straight historically, and now the allegations from the past now have proper attribution. Moreover, hopefully, the Russian government can give some recourse to the Polish people affected by this tragedy. It is sad that the UK and US chose to remain silent on the issue when they knew beyond a shadow of a doubt who was responsible.

However, a war was going on and he was fighting the Germans, and if they had publicly condemned Stalin about his role in the massacre it could have hurt the alliance. After the war, Stalin had his war machine positioned to make things difficult for Western Europe as the Soviet Union occupied Eastern Europe, and with that, the US/UK were between a rock and a hard place. By going public they could anger Stalin and risk invasion, or remain quite and deal with it later? It seems they chose the later?

Then as the Soviet Union moved forward after Stalin's death, it would have been a disaster on the international stage if a Soviet Premier went public about their country's role in the Massacre at Katyn, and so we are learn the full scope of the atrocity today. As they say, the victors write history. Therefore, Stalin's atrocities are not held in the same regard as the atrocities perpetrated by the Nazis or the Empire of Japan. Hopefully, we can all agree that the country of Poland was one of the biggest losers of the war, and the peace that followed.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I would like to add something more to this thread, after digging up more of 'forgotten' histories of Stalin and USSR, I felt even more sicken by what I have found out more about USSR and their 'holocaust' histories. Here is what I found out, thank to my good friend who sent me links for more information:

"Seven million died in the 'forgotten' holocaust"
www.ukemonde.com...

and

"The history of the Soviet Russian Gulags, forced labor camps that killed millions of people."
www.essortment.com...

These tells the histories about holocausts that Stalin have done in the past. And often I wonder, why was not even this shown in history book when students was taking history classes during school? It is like I said, history is biased, written by victors so that is why we can never trust history book ever. In order, to find the truth history, we must go beyond history book and seek for truth beyond it. There is many of hidden, forgotten, and oppressed history within history.

Chaoic out...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join