It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Net connection issue's 29th NOV 2010

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Yes you can call me paranoid but, today both my girlfriend and I are having trouble loading web pages. Some will not load up at all or some need to be refreshed constantly. I’m just wondering if anyone else is having any connection troubles today.

These were pages like
Facebook
Ebay
Wikileaks
&
ATS

BTW I live in the Police state of Australia which likes to filter the internet for our “safety”.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I have had a lot of trouble with ATS and Wikileaks also. I am sure it is nothing more than heavy traffic as people look to get the latest on what is being released.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

well, it's kinda windy where I'm at, but I think I've been having internet trouble?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

it seems only some sites,soho images will not load for me .i tried a few times.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Had problems ever since last Thursday...mainly high profile type sites including ATS...normally don't have trouble at all. Mostly being called as "net errors".

Don't seem to feel it is due to net traffic. hope it gets better for you.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

edit on 28-11-2010 by 13th Zodiac because: Delete double post

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheKingsVillian
Yes you can call me paranoid but, today both my girlfriend and I are having trouble loading web pages. Some will not load up at all or some need to be refreshed constantly. I’m just wondering if anyone else is having any connection troubles today.

These were pages like
Facebook
Ebay
Wikileaks
&
ATS

BTW I live in the Police state of Australia which likes to filter the internet for our “safety”.

2nd that , me too and I am also in the police state of Australia .Something is going down and I don't base my opinon on this a loan .

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
My internet connection has been annoyingly and frustratingly slow since Wednesday. I have looked at everything on my end that could be slowing it down and haven't been able to find anything.

It might just be a high volume of traffic from so many kids and adults having time off for the holiday season, and the Internet Shopping rush to cash in on deals.

At one point Thursday morning, I was downloading a TV Show from Amazon and the blazing rate of 16KB!

Time till your downlaod completes, 9 days 14 hours, and 6 minutes!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Hmmm,. well no problems here,.
shut your system down completely and unplug it.
Then plug back in and repower it up,.
Someone might be on your system,... jus sayin

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I got a few could not connect to Gateway errors on ATS earlier and a few "server maintenance" messages, but I assume it was down to high traffic.
My Internet connection has been bad for the last few days but I put that down to Virgin Media

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
FYI re Soho

ANNOUNCEMENT MOVING TO ANOTHER BUILDING (UPDATE) On November 28, the SOHO team, our data center and computer servers will be moving to another building. We plan to restore operations within 48 hours of our move. During that time, none of the services provided by our servers and this site will be available. However, while no data updates will be propagated to our European mirror site, that site will be accessible. Thank you for your understanding.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I got a few could not connect to Gateway errors on ATS earlier and a few "server maintenance" messages, but I assume it was down to high traffic.
My Internet connection has been bad for the last few days but I put that down to Virgin Media

exactly same for me here :S

last 5 days my internet seems to ahve trouble...never had trouble before.
edit on 28-11-2010 by angrydog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Although,
For me , at two different locations that I have logged on to ATS
I did get a "this site may cause harm to your computer" warning.
It sent my computer to a page that said all my files were infected and
I should address it right away.
It wouldn't let me get outta the page,.
So I just unplugged the unit and all was well.

edit on 28-11-2010 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

Well same thing here in Russia the other day for about 3-6 hours couldn't pull up any websites and knew there was something fishy going on especially after troubleshooting and pinging around the globe with no response so yes the power that be are playing around with the net and logging posts watch as your typing sometime they are logging all conversations they are in fear of something but it's good i guess keep them sweating but back up and running a little slow at times but working. Hey what's up with the earth changes?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

Originally posted by TheKingsVillian

These were pages like
Facebook
Ebay
Wikileaks
&
ATS

2nd that , me too and I am also in the police state of Australia .Something is going down and I don't base my opinon on this a loan .

3rd that. This country is starting to stink

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

maybe related not sure
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Yeah I couldn't access any website. Just kept getting the can't connect to server.
The only reason I'm able to access this site now is cause my girlfriend has a hot spot phone.
Freaked me out a little with every one talking about WWIII

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Just to add, most Xbox live content is also unavailable to me.

My access to most sites at the moment is sporadic to say the least.

I also spoke to my father who works for Telstra (Australia’s main telecommunications company), and he stated that they were also having trouble with both their internet and also their phone lines.

On another note would it be possible to set up a “no internet list” in the same manner as a “no fly list”?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Reports are coming in about wide spread Comcast outtages in some Breaking news Twitter updates, I'm on my phone and not able to link it .
They are saying that if you want to fix it, you have to change your DNS server to Google's?
edit on 28-11-2010 by Elieser because: more info

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I see reports from Asia, Brazil, Australia and USA. This is world wide. Go on google, search for internet and on the left side select more and updates, you will see all updates that say Internet.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join