More evangelists appointed to Lords, Christians desperate to force their delusion upon my children

page: 13
14
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
I view these evangelists as a serious threat as faith has no place in UK politics


tell that to the Islams who are changing the fabric of that little island.




posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Control
You guys across the pond still have some time left. Keep your country free of this evil influence so that it can help stamp it out over here.


you must really not know how America got it's start ? I suggest some world history books for you.. Across the pond is already lost, they were lost quite awhile before USA got it's start... What you are experiencing here is jealousy coming mostly out of the country you are referring to and their friends the Canadians.

edit on 12/5/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact
 


Careful friend...

You've stepped into an anti-christian circle jerk.



posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
reply to post by AngelLily
 




Dear god that made me laugh nice post by the way.

Thank you, but it really is all true. I'm hoping for a better Christmas eve this year!



posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
I feel so sorry for your children, what chance do they have of an after-life?
Open your heart, not just your mind. Not all christians are a true example
of christianity, many are misguided even if good intentioned.
Ask yourself what it is that you are truly scared of!
Imagine a ship of families leaving for happy land,

your child; where are they going daddy?
you; happy land sweetheart
your child; can we go to happy land daddy?
you; no sweety
your child; why not daddy is it full?
you; no theres plenty of room sweety
your child; dont we have enough money daddy?
you; no sweetheart its free
your child; so why cant we just go daddy?
you; i guess we are a little late
your child; can we catch the next boat daddy?
you; there is no next boat sweetheart
your child; why are you crying daddy?



That is absolutely disgusting! A fine example of a point I made earlier about religion 'recruiting' people through fear, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

I can just imagine how the conversation goes in your household:

Your child - Daddy, can I tell you something?
You - Of course you can sweetheart.
Your child - I'm scared I won't get into heaven when I die 'cos I did a bad thing.
You - What did you do sweetheart?
Your child - I had a terrible thought, I wondered how a man can exist in the sky for so long and nobody's ever seen him, could it mean that he doesn't exist?
You - Oh my, do you know what this means? You are going to die a horrible death if you do not repent your sin of disbelieving in god, and when you do finally die, you'll spend eternity in hell being subjected to tortourous evils.
Your child - Oh dear, well I guess I'd better start believing in god, and quick.

Yeah, great, I'll bet your kids are just bundles of happiness and joy.



posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
Re Lestweforget

(as an answer to your touching little story about children being excluded from Disneyland in the sky):

"Daddy, they say in sunday school, that you haven't paid yout tithes, so I can't come there anymore. And then I will go to hell and burn in all eternity".

"Son, this has been a tough month. We haven't got much money left"

"But Daddy, I read in the bible, genesis 12:15-20, that Abraham lent his wife to the egyptian pharao, who gave him a lot of animals and slaves in return. And Mommy is still pretty, and the man with all the oil money is loking at her in a funny way. Why can't you say Mommy is your sister, and lend her to him.

You know, it will only be for short time, because god will be angry with the oil-man and tell him to send Mommy back to us. And anyway she's just a woman, and must do as you say".

(Daddy thinking): "Darn it. Those morons at the sunday school let the kids read the bible again. What way of bringing up proper christians is that? Next they'll have whole seasons of 'South Park' lying around".


Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Sweet!



posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Control
 


I don't know if you're referring to the same show or not but I watched a Louis Theroux show where he spent time with the apparent 'Most hated family in the US'. This family were nothing more than a cult of extremist christians who rallied at the funerals of dead soldiers. They were, without a doubt, absolutely brainwashed, and if you'll pardon my language please, completely #ing crazy. Absolute loons if I ever saw any!

Any christians out there should have a watch and tell me your god condones this kind of behaviour. The problem is, it's all in the interpretation, or mis-interpretation in most cases.



posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelLily
reply to post by Control
 


I don't know if you're referring to the same show or not but I watched a Louis Theroux show where he spent time with the apparent 'Most hated family in the US'. This family were nothing more than a cult of extremist christians who rallied at the funerals of dead soldiers. They were, without a doubt, absolutely brainwashed, and if you'll pardon my language please, completely #ing crazy. Absolute loons if I ever saw any!

Any christians out there should have a watch and tell me your god condones this kind of behaviour. The problem is, it's all in the interpretation, or mis-interpretation in most cases.


"fight fire with fire"

then sit back watching them complain how bad it burns...

edit on 12/5/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Control
 





Here's another documentary. This one is a 47 minute piece from a BBC show called Louis Theroux Weird Weekends.


Excellent documentary I love Louis' interviews he really has the knack for allowing people to smoke out their own retardation.


Google Video Link



Google Video Link
edit on 5-12-2010 by The Djin because: add



posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Re NoturTypical

You wrote:

"Careful friend...

You've stepped into an anti-christian circle jerk."

Christians have exactly the same rights as all other citizens in liberal society, and nobody is suggesting to take those rights away. Strangely enough the average, democratic-minded christian doesn't manifest often on public forums or elsewhere, whining about their privileges being taken away.

Only the fascistic fringe of christianity claims privileges (as does most other extra-parliamentary extremists). Your attitudes are just adding to the already bad name of christianity as a totalitarian movement, and at least out of respect for your moderate fellow-christians, a good and long period in retreat and introspection could be a step forward for you, if you want to present a more acceptable front.

Your repetitive self-pity and persecution-complex is wearing thin, especially as the political system, liberalism, you are a selfdeclared victim of, is both easy to understand and also is your defense against competing religions.

The opposition you're up against is mainly anti-fascist, not basically anti-christian.


edit on 5-12-2010 by bogomil because: spelling



posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
whining about their privileges being taken away.


what's the thread titled...


Christians desperate to force their delusion upon my children


may be my mistake here but who's whining ?



posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin
 



that's real good, had a laugh... maybe US should waste money sending over reporters finding obscure families in Britain, then we too can broadcast it back to you.

jolly good, are you sure they are having an economic crisis over there ? makes one wonder why...

Djin I never considered you worth my reply because I have been reading you... but I just wanted to acknowledge you so you wouldn't feel left out.




posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin
 


Your own non christian delusions are doing more to harm your poor children than a
christian will ever do. It is a christians duty to inform the unbelievers that there is more
than just what your eyes can show you. Jesus loves you!



posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Re Cosmic.Artifact

You wrote:

"may be my mistake here but who's whining ?"

The whiners are those, who want to have all the benefits of liberal society, while waiting for a chance to establish their own totalitarian system. Is this too difficult for you to understand?

Your semantic shufflings are representative of your general attitudes. Do you think you're home in Bad Ass, preaching?

(For the sensitive of mind...with 'Bad Ass' I ofcourse refer to the village named after the obstinate member of the horsey-species).
edit on 5-12-2010 by bogomil because: Didn't want to be considered using bad language



posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Re Lestweforget

You wrote:

"Your own non christian delusions are doing more to harm your poor children than a
christian will ever do. It is a christians duty to inform the unbelievers that there is more
than just what your eyes can show you. Jesus loves you!"

From firsthand experience I know, that your opinion of "duty to inform"* is shared 100% by hardcore commies, neo-nazis, jihadists, homophobes, victorian ideologers, McCarthyists, competing invasive religions, scientism, creationists, those who swoon from looking at bare tits, not to mention Olga from the local sewing- and gossiping club, who on general principles of misanthropy and knowing-it-all feels it her duty to inform mankind on how it should be run on her rules of ultimate truth.

Before you start using so outlandish concepts as 'delusion', you should maybe try to consider finding suitable contexts.

* Read: "Push".



posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This is what happens when you have a ruling body over the people that the people have no control over.

Why people think it's acceptable to have a House of "Lords" is amazing in itself.



posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil
 


Okay, so I take it if I'm an apostate Christian I'm all good then?

Gotcha, thanks for the advice.



posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
What happens if the OPs belief is wrong.....what if there is a God ?.

Maybe Atheists can open up their own private schools exclusively for there own children to be taught about Atheism.
The Atheists would have to fund it themselves though. No sponging of the majority of tax payers who are Christian. No more dictating to public schools about how they should be run as per your beliefs.

I would really like this as my kids could then celebrate all the Christian things at their school that were taken away from them by the jumping up and down of Atheists.

Atheists have always been the haters of the world.



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Re Imjustlikeyou

You wrote:

"What happens if the OPs belief is wrong.....what if there is a God ?."

Which of the 'gods' are you referring to?


And you wrote: "Maybe Atheists can open up their own private schools exclusively for there own children to be taught about Atheism."

That would be an excellent idea for those parents, who specifically want their children educated as 'atheists'. Though with a background of nine years as a teacher in public schools and one private school, I doubt such a need exists. Most are satisfied with liberal education. (After this whole thread you STILL don't have an idea of what liberalism is. Sad).


Furthermore you wrote: "The Atheists would have to fund it themselves though. No sponging of the majority of tax payers who are Christian. No more dictating to public schools about how they should be run as per your beliefs."

What weird statistics have you been looking at lately? And are you in true christian geocentric spirit referring to US as the center of the universe, where everything has its origin? And what about the tax-money from non-christians; where would they go?



You wrote: "I would really like this as my kids could then celebrate all the Christian things at their school that were taken away from them by the jumping up and down of Atheists."

You mean truly christian things like stoning homosexuals and reinstating theocracy? You can learn soup-kitchening (one of the more attractive aspects of some christians) just as well in an ordinary school.



You wrote: "Atheists have always been the haters of the world."

How on earth did you arrive at such a conclusion? I believe an explanation would be in order.

I can only be grateful, that yourenotjustlikeme, as I appreciate my ability to use my intellect. And the worst is, that I'm not even an atheist, a theist or an agnostic, who can fit into one of your pre-arranged black/white pigeon-holes.




edit on 6-12-2010 by bogomil because: syntax



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Re NoturTypical

You wrote:

"Okay, so I take it if I'm an apostate Christian I'm all good then?"

Probably not. You would just find another 'cause' to push on people.

But if you really want to become housebroken in liberal society, it's usually enough to renounce fascism. Many christians actually do this, without D-g's wrath descending on them, odd as it sounds.





new topics
top topics
 
14
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

log in

join