It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese government to make 'urgent' announcement

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

The Korea Herald

Presume it's a legit announcement...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gliese581
a question should be asked by the American people: "are we ready for a nuclear war that will see our country devastated, because 4 people or more died?"

Tough decision...if we cannot stand up to a rogue state, then gloves are off...suddenly every tiny state will quest for nukes and start bombing any nation that actually values life.

the answer...I don't know...perhaps this is one of those principle moments of civilization that you have to choose...will you live in a world where the crazy rule, or make a stand and say order, even if it means death for all.

Should we survive this general timeframe of our existance, then we may be mature to spread out amongst the stars, to become a species immortal in the pages of the universe...however, if we do not survive this time, then clearly, our species is not prepared for such survival and maybe needs to simply end before we bring our destruction outside of this one planet.

Its almost spiritual in a way...on the cusp of space exploration, we must make decisions that will either kill us out completely, or shrug off the concept of such destruction...nearly planned as some sort of epic test. I reckon its coincidence, yet I can't help but feel this is not just a simple accident such a test comes at such a time in our collective civilization.

How will we move...what is wisest.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
I'm not seeing this announcement mentioned on any of the major news sites - are we sure this is actually happening?

Only reported on Yonhap it seems... anyway we'll see in an hour or so. Not long to wait.

EDIT : Did an important edit on the OP.
edit on 28-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I'm just curious as to why this all has to end in nuclear war. If we made decisive strikes, well calculated and swift, we could probably neutralize the NK's ability to send one off. Also, there are many ways to stop an ICBM en route. I wish this were WW1. conventional war is so much more exciting and less terrifying. lots more honor there too.

link   

Originally posted by Gliese581

As far as the tensions in Korean peninsula grow, a question should be asked by the American people: "are we ready for a nuclear war that will see our country devastated, because 4 people or more died?"

That was what the superpower of the world then, England, asked of its cultivated and cultured people " are we ready to go to war, that will see our country devasted, just because of some unwashed and boorish poles" back in the dark days before WW2.

The answer had been no, and in the end, England lost her might and she herself was burnt to the ground....a superpower no more for her duplicity and apathy to others.

Today, as Americans wakes up, they ask themselves rather, " If we do not make a stand against a powerful tyranny and let others rot, who then will be left to stand for us and our loved ones?"

The South Koreans are not asking for American help, long had seek to remove American bases from their soveriegn land. They are prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice alone for the sake of their own loved ones. Such humans are rare. Once destroyed, such courageous people are no more or are only getting lesser in our world....

link   
reply to post by backinblack

What, are these damn games that important that common sense takes a holiday?
They could stop the games or simply move them a little away from NK..\
No big deal..But no, the US likes trouble..

The same ones that go on year after year, every year.

The fact is - the U.S. has nothing to fear militarily from any standing army on the face of this planet. We can trash them all. It wouldn't be without losses - but when we can remove 30% of your strategic resources with a single carrier battle group - you can't win a strategic engagement with us - period. That single battle group could decimate China proper without resorting to even tactical yield nuclear weapons. It would be far from dismantling China all together - but China would rapidly find itself in unfamiliar territory with a good portion of its chain of command missing and presumed dead, and a number of their strategic resources (power distribution/generation, fuel/ammo stores, etc) neutralized. Meanwhile, their entire economy is based on labor and import/export operations - they lack the naval power to resist a blockade.

South Korea should be able to handle North Korea on their own - even if it comes down to an infantry war. That said - losses would be higher than desirable if the U.S. has to deal with China as a distraction.

If you don't believe me - look at weapons like the JSOW, the M-270, and other weapon systems that turn a small group of 'ninjas' into cluster-#-you. Then look at precision weapons like the Tomahawk and Harpoon systems that can systematically deny you strategic assets.

We couldn't afford to invade and occupy China, no. But we could easily remove their capability to fight and just let them starve/burn/whatever until they are willing to step back in line. It's called deck-plate education.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

That single battle group could decimate China proper without resorting to even tactical yield nuclear weapons.

Are you away with the pixies??
I don't like what NK is doing but it's insane beliefs from some gung ho,we are invincible, americans that gives the rest a bad name..
Get off your high horse..

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by BKD2674

If China drops the North, the North might feel like they have nothing to lose and annihilate the South. Or at bare minimum they gonna test a nuke to show how ``strong`` they are and that they don't need China's help.

The North testing a nuke right now would sure raise even more the tensions...

China won't drop the North. Consider the long term situation and teams, to realize not only China but also Russia are behind. Who gave the "impoverished North" technology to make nuclear material in two separate ways? Who developed their rocketry? All is domestic? Then we deal with a great power, because even the US programs weren't all US but from the Germans. And if Rus/CH gave them that, they probably have provied them with some more nukes and rockets we don't know about. Why otherwise should the "crazy" Kim warn the mainland USA? Japan is well inside the range, as well as USS Washington. A nuclear blast is enough for any vessel. But then the WW3 will start, yes? Perhaps that is behind the scene: are those powers decided to start WW3 or not? Seems USA is already ready if sends a fleet alone between North Korea and China, much like the situation in Pearl Harbor. I would be surprised if after Kim's next attack, Russia doesn't explode a satellite-based EMP over USA, to prevent the American hawks to launch their first nuclear strike.

There is something more and that is the Black Projects, flying triangles etc. See the last post of David Wilcock. Is this what USA counts on? It is good for flee outside earth. Will we see triangles vs pyramids in the sky?

edit on 28-11-2010 by Gliese581 because: put the correct quote

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Some Americans are definitely on a "high horse" , but what he states is essentially true. Without any biased views America would have no problem harassing and disabling any country we would choose necessary without any nukes even being fired. I think many have a sense of weakness or dissarray when it comes to the U.S.'s military abilities considering the Middle East events of the past decade; however, those opponents are essentially religious zealots with guerilla and cowardly battle tactics. If we fight a country who fights a standard war with normal military capabilities there would be no question as to who would "win"

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Gliese581

well wouldn't russia and china and nk have to take on NATO?

if the us were attacked with an emp, that would be war and everyone would get into it.

if the us were incapacitated, i think everyone would start throwing punches.

japan, taiwan, israel, iran, uk, aus, the eu.

black triangles and stuff better be dusted off!
edit on 28-11-2010 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BKD2674

I agree the US could take on any single country with not many issues.
What I take offence to is ridiculous comments such as this.

That single battle group could decimate China proper without resorting to even tactical yield nuclear weapons.

That single battle group with one carrier wouldn't last a day against China..The 60+ subs NK could possibly even cause it some trouble..
Lets remember, even Australia and a few other countries have (in war games) taken out US carriers..

That's why I think the US should just move or cancel these games..
Too many on both sides could die if a war starts and I doubt that Battle Group would make it back..

Yes, NK is like a rabid dog and you know what? I'd steer clear of a rabid dog rather that tempt fate..

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
hurry up and make the announcement! I'm on the edge of my seat over here....

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BKD2674

Problem is the value of life.
America, for all of its might and bravado, actually has a very weak stomache for war...we don't like it..and thats actually a good thing in regards to civilization...however, it is also an exploitable thing.
Chinese generally do not have much regard for life..they fight for something greater..they will lay down their life willingly and gladly for the honor of China and its continued undefeated legacy...which means, every chinese fight until they are victorious, or all dead...if there is one person left to launch anything...he will.

Against such insane focus that cares not for life but for legacy...how can you ever truely win?

now, in saying that...I don't believe...choose not to believe anyhow, that China would ever war with the USA..like loaning someone 10,000$, then promptly shooting them before getting paid back...makes little sense..so strictly for a financial view...such a move would seem stupid..and China is not stupid.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
It's funny how everyone in this thread is posting and salivating at the thought of World War 3 and Nuclear war.
This announcement might just simply be a call for NK and SK to calm down to reduce the tensions. Obviously the USA is trying to play the instigator by sending carriers and aircraft trying to bait NK into attacking.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

That's why I think the US should just move or cancel these games.. Too many on both sides could die if a war starts and I doubt that Battle Group would make it bac

That would be an extremely cowardly thing to do. Why should they? Just because the big bad terrorist North Koreans said so? Not good enough, NK has sunk one of their ships & killed civilians. Words will not fix this. Words have not fixed anything yet!. The SK people have been pushed, bullied & intimidated by the Terrorists for too long. It's time to stand up! Losses will be massive but it is time to stand up! If it was the first act of aggression by the terrorists of NK then sure walk away but not now.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
hurry up and make the announcement! I'm on the edge of my seat over here....

Relax. The reality is that there will only be more postuering over the next days. Other nations will get into the act and demand to be heard. UN will make peaceful noises as usual, convene meetings schedule to start within a few weeks later.

In the meantime, US and SKoreans drills will continue on and ignore China. A bit of economic tit for tade will occur.

Lil Kim will sulk in his corner if not prodded on by his generals in the pay of Corporations.

For all hell to break loose will be just one more bomb onto the soveriegn lands of S.Korea. There will be no holding back. No citizen will allow their loved ones be threaten. And that's when sh@t will hit the fan.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
For anyone that's still awake, China will have an urgent announcement in around 20 minutes.

I believe it will be translated and spoken on via BBC radio, so here is a courtesy link for those that may be interested. I have posted in another thread, but this thread is specifically about it, so decided to post here as well. [I was told it would be broadcasted via BBC, but I am not completely positive, so listen at your own will]

BBC Radio (China Announcement)
edit on 11/28/2010 by kyrebelyell2004 because: (no reason given)

VVV lol

edit on 11/28/2010 by kyrebelyell2004 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Anybody know if this press conference can be watched live on-line somewhere?

Even though i'm sure it will be an anticlimax

EDIT: Nevermind ^^^

edit on 28-11-2010 by Curio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Obviously the USA is trying to play the instigator by sending carriers and aircraft trying to bait NK into attacking

Incorrect assessment. North Korea are the aggressors here. They despise SK freedoms, money & their very good standing in the world. One day the terrorists will be removed!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
It's funny how everyone in this thread is posting and salivating at the thought of World War 3 and Nuclear war.
This announcement might just simply be a call for NK and SK to calm down to reduce the tensions. Obviously the USA is trying to play the instigator by sending carriers and aircraft trying to bait NK into attacking.

Everyone? hmm....

Funny how everyone thinks I am attractive.

Anyhow...I think NK bombing and killing 4 people, two of them civilians, in a different country may be considered a bit rude, if not instigating

however, feel free to blame everything ever on the US...if a german comes and punches you dead in the face..blame the USA...if a meteorite falls from the sky and smashes your car...blame the USA.

After all...your specific life...you...are little more than the endless victim of the USA...you will never be able to do or say anything without it being the USAs fault somehow...welcome to reality

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join