It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese government to make 'urgent' announcement

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by SaturnFX

In China, there is no greater cause worth dying for than to overthrow the despotic and corrupt CCP along with their 30 million bootlickers whom had grown obscenely rich off the backs of the workers enslaved on $100 a month salary, denied of education due to such wages, have no social programmes to uplift the 1.3 billion people even on healthcare and yet every chinese sees themselves uprooted from ancestral lands to make way for the corrupted officials.

As long as the Chinese people had no freedom and are silenced, they will be doomed to slavery, no matter what progress their other brothers and sisters of the human race achieves.

The time is on hand for the chinese to stand up and regain their ancestral rights, glory and place in the world, stolen from them by the tyrannical CCP!

Actually, that makes sense now in trying to read through this stuff.
China...or the people writing this stuff anyhow...are seeing their common people as basic cannon fodder...acceptable losses to lose pretty much everyone to glorify their movement.

If you have 30m holding 1b people hostage...ya...thats alot of fodder you simply don't care about.

Of course, those 1b people may be completely blinded into thinking that the west is some arch enemy to deflect any anger against the 30m...
It would be obvious which of the two groups owns the media and information...

I have never met a chinese person I didn't like...not to say I like all chinese...just saying my personal experience chatting to people of china..ya..always a positive experience.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

oops. didn't even notice. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I did not read all the pages of post so this this might have already been posted.

Senior N. Korean offical to visit China for a week

I wonder if China summoned a representative to either tell them China has their back, or China telling them if they go down this road they are on their own.

Chinas economy is currently having issues because of the world economic crisis, with a lot of layoffs going on. Standing with N. Korea will cause the Chinese economy to take a mjor hit, since I am sure all trade between China and Western Nations, including those who are still part of the UN cease fire.

I don't think China is going to risk their control over their people in order to back N. Korea on a one way trip.

Allies are allies, but all politics are local.

Sometimes a parent has to make a tough decision top kick the kid out of the house in order to force them to grow up and accept responsibility for their actions.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by backinblack

That's why I think the US should just move or cancel these games.. Too many on both sides could die if a war starts and I doubt that Battle Group would make it bac

That would be an extremely cowardly thing to do. Why should they? Just because the big bad terrorist North Koreans said so? Not good enough, NK has sunk one of their ships & killed civilians. Words will not fix this. Words have not fixed anything yet!. The SK people have been pushed, bullied & intimidated by the Terrorists for too long. It's time to stand up! Losses will be massive but it is time to stand up! If it was the first act of aggression by the terrorists of NK then sure walk away but not now.

So you support the death of Millions of Koreans???? Would you feel the same if you were forced to go to war with them? Would you feel the same if your brothers, sisters, even family were forced to go to war????

All of you are just idiots. Your talking about the deaths of millions of people. Your talking about the end of human civilisation here. All because of your egos.

Your know nothing about war, you know nothing about the human spirit. You know nothing about earth.

You just don't care if millions of people die, all because of the death of 4 PEOPLE!!!!! and one boat.

Yeah, stand up to these terrorists, Stand up because 4 people died.

What a joke. You are all worse than the PTB. Alteast they think before they act or speak.

What would happen if your family died??? All because you supported the War in Korea???

All of you just have a death wish, and are wishing upon the deaths of billions of people, and your not even thinking about the other people who want to live a normal life, to live a life without war.

Your arguing about who would win. CHINA OR USA. And war hasn't been declared, there hasn't been a nuclear war yet. And your all declaring doom.

How would your grandfathers that thought for you in World war 1, and 2 feel? How would they feel when they see you talking about war tactics, and war battles, and situations? You havn't even been in a war, you havn't even fought a real war.

Have your friends and family, and brothers and sisters died in a war?

YOU #WITS!!!!!!!!

STOP IT....JUST STOP IT!!!!!

Violence is not always the answer. And no wonder why the American government is worried about releasing information to the public. IT's information that could change everything. It could both change or destroy us. What if that information gets into the wrong hands? What if that information gets into terrorists hands? What if we aren't worthy enough for this information?

This topic proves we are still years away from growing up. This topic proves why ALIENS DON'T WANT to deal with us. It's not because of our government its because of US. YOU, and ME.

You are all sick.
edit on 28-11-2010 by Gabrielle.Black because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
The common Chinese LOVE USA and everything American - their culture and style of life, from KFC and McDonnald to Christmas holidays.

Nevertheless, I've heard voices among young and educated English speaking Chinese, that there are too many people in China and it would be good if half of them die...that shocked me, because it was not an old general to say that in a Chinese newspaper, it was a young person who told me what thinks in a pretty good English. Or that the Japanese admiral Yamamoto who attacked Pearl Harbor, did very well. Or that the US bombs over Hiroshima and Nagasaki weren't enough...etc.

The Chinese love the Americans, but most Americans don't love the Chinese, that is the problem. The Americans won't allow China to rise as an equal, and the Chinese realize that. Don't count on their mercy if they BELIEVE they are under attack of USA, direct or indirect. There were precedents that the common Chinese almost BELIEVED that Sichuan quake and SARS were man-made (understand made in USA). I underline the word "BELIEVE". One may be made to believe something, as the Americans believe they are God's chosen nation 2nd Israel. No, they are as good as the Chinese. The sooner the common American realizes that, the better.
edit on 28-11-2010 by Gliese581 because: correction

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Gabrielle.Black

Take a moment and consider...

If we back away in fear that someone may get hurt...what do you think North Korea's actions will be in that face?

Consider it...they will know that forever they are unchecked...can do what they want...and millions will die anyhow. You don't defeat someone bullying by wimpering away when he looks at you...

I understand the desire for peace...I am stressed about this also, however, there are times to not fight (Iraq) and allow a dictator to be crazy...and there are times when you must fight (now) if it comes to that...

This is a defining moment for America, for the West, for the concept of democracy and rule of law. If you wimper away from that cause, then the civilization does not deserve to do that.
This is a person whom punched your friend..and he tells you not to stand beside your friend..do you stand, or do you do as the bully told you?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
In Seoul, according to the BBC, they are protesting against the US being there and they want to keep talks going and end the exercises...which apparently were planned before this whole situation started...they are using live fire www.koreaherald.com... and it is the third time that the exercises have been held since the sinking of the SK ship...SK told China to take a more responsible position...china agreed and said they will try to reduce the tensions...they invited NK parliament...no word on if he accepted. China has never said NK is worrisome...ever.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

That single battle group with one carrier wouldn't last a day against China..The 60+ subs NK could possibly even cause it some trouble..

You're not reading what I said. I didn't say the battle group would return home. I said it would decimate China proper and pretty much remove China's ability to coordinate and fight effectively.

It's not the type of war we fought in Afghanistan or Iraq, where we had the luxury of fighting on our terms and with overwhelming control of land, air, and sea.

In this type of war, it would be a "how many can we kill before we are killed?" - In such a conflict, a single carrier battle group could easily succeed in disabling a sizable amount of China's combat and logistical infrastructure. It's not systematic destruction of fortified defenses - it's a blitz on strategic assets - things necessary to push a war effort through a theater.

It is awkwardly comforting to know that America's military was designed around attrition warfare back when the threat was the Soviets. It wasn't just capita-effectiveness considered, but cost-effectiveness. A single carrier and her squadrons were purposed with destruction of entire Soviet battle groups and being capable of striking at the heart of the Soviet command structure and logistical support centers. A single carrier is more fearsome than the entire fleet of ballistic missile submarines that will -never- see use. Our carrier battle groups were designed so that one or two carriers would survive the fleet-fleet attrition and end up kicking down the door on the mainland.

You have to understand - the carrier wouldn't target military assets like other ships or carriers per se - but that they would strike at command structures, power infrastructure, munitions stores, key bridges, and attempt to foul up ports. They aren't going to mop up what is left - they are trying to keep China from being able to coordinate, deploy, and fight against the coming 'reinforcements' - that will mop up. It's all about breaking every bone every opportunity you get. It's not about finesse and avoiding damage to yourself - it's all about maximum damage to the enemy. It's not the way we prefer to fight, it's not a strategic situation we have been faced with since World War II.

Remember the "Big E" - she mopped the Pacific with the Imperial fleet and was crucial to the island hopping campaign. The only reason we stood a chance in the Pacific came down to luck (or divine intervention, depending upon your view) having our carriers out of Pearl on the day the Japanese launched their attack. They were -supposed- to be there.

Lets remember, even Australia and a few other countries have (in war games) taken out US carriers..

Without knowing the parameters of the wargames, it's rather difficult for us to draw conclusions. Our attack subs serve as aggressors in a number of war games - the goal is to train our allies in ASW operations - IE, to sink our sub. The goal is not to try and best each other. Since the U.S. is one of the few powers capable of fielding carriers - we would likely use our carriers to train other countries in how to respond to a carrier threat from China, India, Russia, etc. For those operations, we may attempt to emulate the systems in use on other models of ships in accordance with known information about them while defensive systems and maneuvers we would use in such a situation would not be allowed for the purposes of the exercise.

In either case - what I stand before still holds true - no one on that carrier would be naive to the true fate of their battlegroup. The importance of stopping China until other battle groups can be redirected and re-organized is greater than the survival of the battle group that initially engages. The point would be to destroy every target possible and by any means necessary. It would not be the type of war we saw in 2001/2003 - it would be a war of attrition.

And if any country were capable of pulling off such a maneuver and seeing any significant survival amongst that initial battle group, it would be the U.S.

That's why I think the US should just move or cancel these games..

Not going to happen. We've played this game with North Korea too many times in the past. It's getting old. We call their bluff - and if they rattle their saber much harder, they will grossly overplay their hand and find out what happens.

Yes, NK is like a rabid dog and you know what? I'd steer clear of a rabid dog rather that tempt fate..

North Korea is not much to worry about outside of their raw infantry numbers. They don't have the resources and facilities to maintain the types of weaponry in the various demonstrations they flag around - at least, not in any significant number.

Their biggest trump card is that they have artillery trained on Seoul - that's about it.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

YOU #WITS!!!!!!!!

When an insult comes from likes of you who cares what you think!

Stand up because 4 people died.

So your argument is it's only 4 people we will over look that?

Again the SK's have been living under fear from these terrorists for all too long! It must end now! words will not fix this!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

don't lump everyone in "you people"

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gabrielle.Black
You just don't care if millions of people die, all because of the death of 4 PEOPLE!!!!! and one boat.

Yeah, stand up to these terrorists, Stand up because 4 people died.

Actually...I changed my mind based on that...you make a good point

these are just 4 people...they aren't even American...they are koreans...KOREANS!!!
They aren't even real people...just 4 fake korean people that probably aren't white

STOP CARING ABOUT KOREAN INNOCENTS DYING!!!

I am fully on board with you Gab...these korean things need to simply take it...who cares if north korea kills off 4 or 4 million of those koreans...its not like it matters...their life is worthless and frankly, we need to not stand with people we are allied to

Why are we allied to koreans anyhow? they look weird and talk funny!!!

4 people...4 souls lost out of general craziness...the world is crazy...your all insane if you think we should stand with our allies!

-sighs-

actually, I rechange my mind back to the original thinking...dude, you got some issues.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Dateline - Detroit MI - October 2001

People gathered in downtown detroit to protest American Military action against Iraq and Afghanistan. You show up to listen to the lead protestor tell the masses that we should turn the other cheek, war is not worth it as all it brings is destruction and death. The speaker goes on to list many reasons why we should turn the ohter cheeck.

When the speaker is done talking, you punch him in the face as hard as you can and he goes down. When he gets up he is wanting to fight you. Instead you repeat what he was preaching moment ago.

The speaker back down, and as hard as you can, you punch him in the face again, sending him back to the ground. When he gets up he is wanting to fight you. Instead you repeat what he was preaching moment ago.

The speaker back down, and as hard as you can, you punch him in the face again, sending him back to the ground. When he gets up he is wanting to fight you. Instead you repeat what he was preaching moment ago.

Eventually the peace protester comes to realize that while peace is the ultimate goal, sometimes you have to draw a line in the sand, say no more, and take action.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gabrielle.Black

So you support the death of Millions of Koreans???? Would you feel the same if you were forced to go to war with them? Would you feel the same if your brothers, sisters, even family were forced to go to war????

YOU #WITS!!!!!!!!

STOP IT....JUST STOP IT!!!!!

Violence is not always the answer.

Despite your rant, you too admitted that Violence is NOT ALWAYS the answer, which conversely do leave room for violence as an ultimate solution.

The worse thing you can do when you see your loved ones being hurt or harmed is to DO NOTHING. Can you ever live with yourself, knowing full well that you could have stop it and protected them, and given them a chance in life against those who would harm and hurt them?

Many are for peace, and will do everything to achieve it, but the limit is when one's loved ones are harmed. I understand the conondrum you are facing, but we must and never back away from bullies. Today it may be a stranger that is harmed, but what about tomorrow when everyone else had been eliminated, and what's left to protect your loved ones is yourself? Will you say go ahead, be my guest, and perform your worst? If you did, you are not of my race,
edit on 28-11-2010 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Gliese581

I hope you're not trying to say what I think you are.

To imply such a scenario would be irresponsible IMHO.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
5:30 and no talky?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C

That single battle group with one carrier wouldn't last a day against China..The 60+ subs NK could possibly even cause it some trouble..

I still stand by that..China do have anti ship missiles that really worry the US

You're not reading what I said. I didn't say the battle group would return home. I said it would decimate China proper and pretty much remove China's ability to coordinate and fight effectively.

Well I don't know what you stand by because you went from "decimate China proper" to
"disable a sizeable amount of China's combat,etc"
That's one huge difference considering you "stand by" your original statement..
So which is it????

In this type of war, it would be a "how many can we kill before we are killed?" - In such a conflict, a single carrier battle group could easily succeed in disabling a sizable amount of China's combat and logistical infrastructure. It's not systematic destruction of fortified defenses - it's a blitz on strategic assets - things necessary to push a war effort through a theater.

Ohh and BTW, the US have been left scratching their heads on more than one occassion in friendly war games, wondering how their defences were beaten..

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Dateline - Detroit MI - October 2001

People gathered in downtown detroit to protest American Military action against Iraq and Afghanistan. You show up to listen to the lead protestor tell the masses that we should turn the other cheek, war is not worth it as all it brings is destruction and death. The speaker goes on to list many reasons why we should turn the ohter cheeck.

When the speaker is done talking, you punch him in the face as hard as you can and he goes down. When he gets up he is wanting to fight you. Instead you repeat what he was preaching moment ago.

Eventually the peace protester comes to realize that while peace is the ultimate goal, sometimes you have to draw a line in the sand, say no more, and take action.

Crappy nonsense propaganda...Iraq was a mistake and damn near criminal

however, that would be fiitting for this specific senario between north and south korea...I recommend removing the reference to iraq (and even afghanistan), remove the date, and then it wont immediately cause sickening responses.

Anyhow...keep in mind, we (USA) is not trying to goto war here...war is not an opinion in my opinion...reaction to war launched by NK into SK is what will trigger it, however...no pre-emptive strikes, no crappy beginning like that...if we attack, its because the news comes out and says "millions of south koreans now feared dead as the onslaught from the north continues"...then sure...give em hell.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
BBC World Report as of 8:30 GMT has made no mention of this Chinese announcement.

PS. why do so many people freak out at every little announcement and scream "WW3!"?

I'm glad ya'll are not our leaders!

edit on 28-11-2010 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Yeah, this is turning out to be a non event. It was probably just something really unimportant - maybe a confirmation of stuff that was reported earlier. Think I'll finally get to bed now!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Being a die hard liberal, I suppose I should be against any kind of war against anyone...however, I wish nothing more than Kim Jong Il and his officials to be hanging from piano wire or to have rockets shot up their asses.

Wipe them out and demolish their campaign of terror.

The North Koreans have suffered long enough and millions have died due to Kim Jong Il's power trip. It's time for this holocaust to end.

edit//

where the hell is the damn China announcement? I stayed up for this?!
edit on 28-11-2010 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join