It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese government to make 'urgent' announcement

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
A few updates on the announcement.

Just saw US Ambassador Jon Huntsman leaving the Chinese foreign ministry 5 minutes ago via TweetDeck

A big media contingent at the Foreign Ministry in Beijing for a rare Sunday press conference 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Should be on pretty soon.

ALSO... SKorean army apparently bombed the DMZ earlier by accident...
edit on 28-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I'm getting tired of waiting as well.
The only thing I have heard about it "recently" is:

US Ambassador Jon Huntsman was seen leaving Foreign Ministry

and that's from twitter lol.

I'm about to go to bed and forget about it, just wait and see what tomorrow beholds.
edit on 11/28/2010 by kyrebelyell2004 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Weird double post.
2nd line.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Being a die hard liberal, I suppose I should be against any kind of war against anyone...however, I wish nothing more than Kim Jong Il and his officials to be hanging from piano wire or to have rockets shot up their asses.

Meh...I am one of those crazy Libs...and I am fully for a great wall of north korean officals heads on pikes...
I think the thing is...some things are pretty clear cut as to what is right, and what isn't...this is one of those moments where its not just some nutty dictator being a jerk in his own country...its a threatening wild dog biting neighbors (whom we are allied to and in a current treaty with to defend them).

Pretty clear cut thinking this go around

Incidently...for people whom want some pro-bravado anti chinese sentiments for fun...feel free to listen to the epic quote master from uber-patriot Liberty Prime

He has a certain clear cut simplistic view of right and wrong...gotta admire that. heh
edit on 28-11-2010 by SaturnFX because: Better dead than red

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyrebelyell2004
Weird double post.
2nd line.

social media kicks ass no?
i dont use twitter, but im sure glad it is around in times like these.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

ALSO... SKorean army apparently bombed the DMZ earlier by accident...

Source? Can't make extrodinary claims with no source homie!

PS. I am finding no talk of this announcement on any international news? hmmm....
edit on 28-11-2010 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

Ok thanks.

An artillery shot accidentally fired by a South Korean army unit fell on the South Korean side of the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) on Sunday afternoon, military officials said.

edit on 28-11-2010 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

I post all updates and new news on this thread... here.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

Sk said it was an accident and it landed on the SK side of the DMZ

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Everyone is ready for the press briefing.. pic... now just waiting for the guy to do the briefing.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
INFO :

# This statement is a reaffirmation of the need for more 6-party talks. "should be resumed at an early date" 1 minute ago via TweetDeck

# For Ministry announcing "proposal from Chinese side": to have emergency consultations among the heads of 6 parties in December in Beijing 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

China's Foreign Ministry proposing emergency meeting in Beijing of heads of six counties involved in North Korea nuclear talks. less than 5 seconds ago via Mobile Web

So basically more talks... yeah I'm sure the South will agree to that...

link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Everyone is ready for the press briefing.. pic... now just waiting for the guy to do the briefing.

I know how that guy at the front feels...

link   
is there a english translation somewhere on the web ready to go? subtitles...anything? any links anywhere?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Now what will be important is SK-US response... probably laugh at China and say that China isn't helping...

Chinese government blinked! Fail!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
@#$%
24 hour news channel my arse

I got a choice...watch CNN heros rerun for the 30th time...Lockup on MSNBC, or Conservatism and Reagen on Fox.

you would think one of these 24 hour news channels would..you know...be talking news!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Wow, pathetic. This will do nothing to diffuse the current crises. China just proved they can't get tough with NK or the USA. They needed to exert some authority here..........and have instead made some weak diplomatic motions that will do nothing at all.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Well let's see if the South, or North will even consider talking after things have gotten to this point. Well we have to give China some credit for trying.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
No information yet?
maybe meet traffic jam

link   

Originally posted by majesticgent

Well let's see if the South, or North will even consider talking after things have gotten to this point. Well we have to give China some credit for trying.

Trying a useless tactic. If China were really trying, they would summon Kim Jong Il, his son and his top 5 generals to Beijing and kick their butts till they understand who's boss.

Next important event : SKorean speech monday morning 10AM = Sunday 8PM Eastern.

link   
What? what happened?
did they speak already? Are we at war? are the nukes coming? should I run to the vault? -looks for his vault-tek suit-

gah...now the internet has turned useless...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
(URGENT) Pres. Lee made clear to Chinese official resumption of six-way talks "not timely": Cheong Wa Dae
(URGENT) China calls for early resumption of six-party nuke talks

This is what just came up on Yonhap with no additional content about it. Does this mean SK has no intention of resuming the 6 Party Talks or am I thinking too much on it? I can't wait for more information to become available.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join