It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.-South Korea military exercises under way

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
You beat me to it, Aslpride. I'll let you do the posting.

Dang, it sounds like its getting heated again. S.Koreas military is evacuating civilians into shelters at 11:18am. Its now noon 11/28/10 Korea time zone. S. Korea evacuates islanders on signs of N. Korean shelling. And the emergency evacuation order has been lifted, lol. Poor islanders, will be getting no sleep for a few days.

edit on 27-11-2010 by JWash because: Aslpride beat me to it.

edit on 27-11-2010 by JWash because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2010 by JWash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JWash

Whoever have information ready and post goes first. If you don't see me post anything then feel free to post it.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It seems they lifted the evacuation order.

"(URGENT) S. Korea's military lifts evacuation order on Yeonpyeong Island: official "

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Military exercises are nothing more than a provocation to try to intimidate another country. What's really sad is while the governments of this world play their games like children on a playground, they have no concern for the people who will end up paying the ultimate price for their selfish and power hungry need for control. The people of this world are like pawns in a chess game. When they declare war, the families of this world will send their children to be slaughtered. They'll brain washed us with sound bites of the necessity to bomb innocent people in the name of "national security." How many innocent men, women and children have to die for these elite and controlling dictators. The very few in this world are controlling a world population who just want to get along with each other and live in peace. What a world this could be if people around the world could organize and just say enough is enough.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by peter_kandra
It seems they lifted the evacuation order.

"(URGENT) S. Korea's military lifts evacuation order on Yeonpyeong Island: official "

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

False alarm, but we can learn something from this situation. Their tensions are definitely very high.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

You're right, civilized conduct is not for all, but neither is emulating violence.
2nd.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

That's good to hear. I think the last thing we need to do at this point is play into his antagonistic game. Gut feeling say's this is more of a lesson in chest pounding that he wants JR to maintain after he's gone. A war would devastate NK and Kim knows it. I don't think he would want to hand over a crippled(anymore than it is) military and country to his son, but he is a wild card and NK has little to lose, so....who know's.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join