It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 700 dollar HDMI cable...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Hmm...

is this a misprint, or is this real? and how is this any better than the 10 dollar one?

695.99 HDMI

The reviews are hilarious

obvious misprint, but I wonder if anyone paid for this, I mean... there are a few idiots out there.

Wow! Great Bang for Your Buck!
Customer Rating
5.0 out of 5
Posted by: Chase6
(read all my reviews) (read all my reviews)

Please wait while more information about Chase6 is loaded.
Additional information about Chase6 could not be loaded.
from NY
on 11/27/2010
Normally I would suggest getting a $1,000+ HDMI wire. I like top of the line stuff...but for this price (less than $700!!), I decided to give it a try.
Let me tell you...this is the BEST hdmi wire I have ever used. The 6.6 feet give me enough room to reach my 17" HD TV and the picture looks great! I even connected my xbox360 with it, and I swear is makes it look like an xbox720.
If you are in the market for a new HDMI wire, and want to save yourself a few bucks, get this wire! It works awesomeeeeeeee!!!!

lol, definately double rainbow stuff!
edit on 27-11-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Save a whopping 99 cents here.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
i found this cable on alot sites and the price was allways around 400 - 600

its unbelievable for me...:O

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So this isn't a misprint... its only silver plated?

I figured they goofed...

Compatible with most HDMI-enabled devices For a reliable connection.
Signal conductors Controlled for digital audio direction. Audio return channel enabled.
Bidirectional Ethernet communication For efficient operation.
Solid 10% silver-plated long-grain copper conductors Along with dielectric-bias system reduce jitter and distortion.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

lulz, this one guy has a whopping 17" hdtv and another dude said his Radio Shack speakers never sounded so good.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

and its better than this one that is GOLD plated?

ultra hdmi

* HDMI High Definition Certified
* High Speed with Ethernet Category 2, 10.2 Gbps and beyond
* 1440p Compatible
* 4k by 2k Compatible
* 3D Capable
* Works with current and future HDMI versions
* 120/240Hz (and beyond) Refresh Rate
* Ethernet Channel
* Fully molded construction
* Fully HDCP compliant
* 26awg Oxygen free copper conductors
* Compatible with all HDMI devices
* Single cable solution for both High Definition Audio & Video
* Super-flexible satin blue PVC jacket with Nylon Mesh Braiding
* 100% Shielded for maximum protection from RFI and EMI interference
* Full-Metal Head Shell
* Gold-plated connectors
* Transfers completely uncompressed audio/video signals
* Supports multiple audio formats, from stereo to multi-channel sound
* Full 1 Year Warranty

I'll stick to the 10 dollar HDMI cables :p

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Oh no ... it's happening again!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

10 dollar HDMI well that was what I had said unless there was one truly worthy of the monies.

you know like this one for 2200.99

Worth Every Penny!
Customer Rating
5.0 out of 5
Posted by: lanabanana
(read all my reviews) (read all my reviews)

Please wait while more information about lanabanana is loaded.
Additional information about lanabanana could not be loaded.
from tempe az
on 11/26/2010
OK, so when they told me I needed a cable that costs more than I paid for my first car I was skeptical, - but after completing the financing paperwork, waiting 5 to 10 business days to get the loan approved, placing the order then waiting another 3 days for the cable to arrive, I have to tell you this baby is worth every penny I borrowed to buy it. This cable has transformed my viewing experience into something that can only be described as religious. The audio is a mezmerizing whirl of techno soundscapes. The pictures are rendered in colors I didn't even know existed. When I'm watching a cooking show I can I can smell the food in such exquisite detail that I drool with delight. This cable even brings the funny, making SNL and Two and a Half Men the most hilarious shows on TV. Ya'll should get one of these. Your lives will never be the same!
What's great about it: Easy to finance, makes an great heirloom that I can pass on to my children.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Google Search

I dont see a difference

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I don't think you can notice a difference between the $10 and $700 HDMI cable. The only difference is if you have a top of the line television and need blue-ray, and etc. But even than I think the difference would be marginal.

I actually tried a $200 monster cable vs $10 one and I didn't notice anything on my TV. Cheaper FTW!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
99% of the time such cables are a waste of time. However if you have a high end audio/visual system, can actually use your ears and eyes and have blind auditioned various types of cable, you will clearly hear a difference if there is one present (most noticeable in sound, vision is one I ain't loked into much yet). For me the biggest upgrade in sound quality was cables, it brought the rig alive! I have a 5 piece band sitting in front of me, or perhaps the delicate nuance of airflow around a woodwind instrument. All can be presented much more accurately than lower grade copper or other material from my personal experience. Things such as electron alignment influence cable during usage, over long usage periods the sonic and physical characterstics change slightly, go from harsh to smooth in most cases. Sound in an amplifier travels short distances, the longest distance is through your speaker cables.

And addressed to the very likely 'digital doesn't matter its digital' crowd.. jitter, impedance, capacitance, and not limited to rf interference induced into a large amount of poorly terminated hdmi/etc cables on the market all add up to influence anything, even the 'untouchable digital'. CDs for example have lots of jitter, we're still trying to read things off rapidly moving imperfect discs...

If you have a ferrari, why put space saver tyres on it?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
There's one born every minute!

Sad to think this could support a whole african tribe for a decade and some folks will just use it for watching spam.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I read a funny story in on the online reviews but I can't seem to locate it atm, so I will paraphrase basically.

These guys had a friend who had the golden ears syndrome; well they without his knowledge changed his 200 dollar speaker wire out of a cheap copper one, he never knew the difference for 2 months until he moved the speakers and saw the wire, and then he was well, mad lacks the ability to describe his rage fit.

new topics

top topics

join