It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First Nuclear War

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
LONDON (AP)—The world has nudged closer to a nuclear apocalypse and environmental disaster, a trans-Atlantic group of prominent scientists warned Wednesday, pushing the hand of its symbolic Doomsday Clock two minutes closer to midnight.

It was the fourth time since the end of the Cold War that the clock has ticked forward, this time from 11:53 to 11:55, amid fears over what the scientists are describing as "a second nuclear age'' prompted largely by atomic standoffs with Iran and North Korea.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Good thing we found Gilese 581g
Time to stuff all us American's in a shuttle and zoom off to the new Earth
Lets step it up, NASA.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Secularist

America doesnt use nuclear bombs - were the ones that strive to prevent such a catastrophe and we dont need nuclear supremacy to win wars

They once did use the power of the atom to destroy innocent life.

You're the ones that strive to prevent ? I don't think so. As it is the combined effort of several atomic powers.
The only reason the nuclear weapons are still around is the threat of mutual annihilation towards the other nuclear powers.
Of course you don't need nuke to win wars when fighting nations less advanced.

Besides... The US didn't really won a war since WW2, which would not be won without the Russian front.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

America doesnt use nuclear bombs - were the ones that strive to prevent such a catastrophe and we dont need nuclear supremacy to win wars

They once did use the power of the atom to destroy innocent life.

You're the ones that strive to prevent ? I don't think so. As it is the combined effort of several atomic powers.
The only reason the nuclear weapons are still around is the threat of mutual annihilation towards the other nuclear powers.
Of course you don't need nuke to win wars when fighting nations less advanced.

Besides... The US didn't really won a war since WW2, which would not be won without the Russian front.

This is the most ignorant statement anybody can make about WWII - that America only defeated Germany because of Russia, when Russia had NOTHING to do with the defeat of Germany. The Americans and the Brits defeated Germany without any help from Russia. Germany was defeated long before operation Barbarossa in the Atlantic with the development of Sonar technology that the American's and the British developed. It was also because of the British ability to intercept so much of the Nazi's communications that we could pin point their submerged vessels in the Atlantic even before we could see them on newly developed radar systems. Russia had 0 to do with the defeat of Germany.

Getting very tired of arguing with people because they think a war is "subjective". Russia would have been crushed if it was not for America blockading Japan and preventing them from launching an offensive on Russia.

And those two atom bombs we dropped on Japan were for very, very good reason. The alternative to dropping those bombs was millions of casualties on both ends.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

What really surprises me is how many nukes the US already set off on its own soil out in the desert range. I think its in the hundreds. There's so much radiation left over, that it's in our food supply and distributed all over the country, with Montana being the hardest-hit.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
LONDON (AP)—The world has nudged closer to a nuclear apocalypse and environmental disaster, a trans-Atlantic group of prominent scientists warned Wednesday, pushing the hand of its symbolic Doomsday Clock two minutes closer to midnight.

It was the fourth time since the end of the Cold War that the clock has ticked forward, this time from 11:53 to 11:55, amid fears over what the scientists are describing as "a second nuclear age'' prompted largely by atomic standoffs with Iran and North Korea.

That article was from 2007, the clock stands at 11:54 at this moment (although I personally believe we're a bit closer than that).

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Back to the scenario mentioned, I don't understand why North Korea "goes nuclear" so quickly into the conflict ; their artillery launches launches nuclear shells at defending forces, even when NK conventional forces seem to have the upper hand.

Similarly, there's no real explanation as to why NK forces, using nuclear weapons, are held up outside Seoul. No credible commentary as to why US forces don't retaliate using low yield nukes instead of Obama's "24 hr threat". NK's decision to launch two high yield nukes against Seoul is just ridiculous. The author's assertion that China would defend the indefensible conduct of the NK leadership & their nuclear recklessness stretches credibility to breaking point.

And how does the author make Obama look ? Weak, signalling his intention to retaliate hours in advance ... they wouldn't do that ... they'd make the decision and act on it, you can't initiate the procedures for the release of nuclear weapons & then await the reaction of everyone on twitter or facebook.

And I don't know why the author even bothered mentioning the Brits & their nuclear submarines, they don't even rate in this storyline in any way at all ... but I guess it's a British newspaper after all, gotta swing that storyline to suit the readership.

It's just a work of fiction, this, no more realistic than New Zealand nuking the Turks & Caicos Islands.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

In my opinion, the first Nuclear war was committed on August 6, 1945 on Hiroshima by the USA and then again on August 9, 1945 on Nagasaki.

Granted it was just one sided that had weapons of mass destruction, but it was the very first and so far usage of nuclear warfare.

We Americans seem to excuse, forget and forgive our transgressions so easily.

I had a friend in highschool that lost both his grandparents those two days.

What goes around, comes around...........and while Americans seem to always find justification for their governments actions, so far, we have been the only country to actually use weapons of mass destruction.

Will we have a WW3?

I sincerly hope not.

But, again consider - America is the country that first crossed that line and opened a Pandora's box that should have never been opened.
edit on 27-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Kim Jong-un has big shoes to fill. He's young, ambitious, stupid, and wants very much to make his mark in this world. His Pride is the greatest threat to the enemies of North Korea, and he's bound to do something incredibly foolish in order to prove he's "tough" and the right choice to succeed his father and grandfather.
It's only a matter of time.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I stopped reading this fear mongering garbage after the line "Bin Laden had sided with China."

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Also I'm surprised India wasn't mentioned at all or Pakistan and France, as they too are nuclear powers.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Our only chance is to time travel back to the era of the Manhattan Project and kill all who were involved, including and especially Albert Einstein. Once mankind attained this horrible power we were destined to obliterate ourselves.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I didn't say they won because of Russia. I said they won because of the Russian front.

Without it the allies would have faced the overwhelming, battle hardened, well equipped German forces which were fighting the Russians as well.

Victory would be almost, if not completely impossible.

Without the Russians, Germany would have been able to exploit the resources from the Caucasus.
I' m pretty sure my native tongue would have been German if that was the case.

Edit to say that I've read a lot of stuff that suggested the war was already won, and the Japanese were going to capitulate. Although I can not confirm it's true...
edit on 11/27/2010 by Sinter Klaas because:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracytheoristIAM
Our only chance is to time travel back to the era of the Manhattan Project and kill all who were involved, including and especially Albert Einstein. Once mankind attained this horrible power we were destined to obliterate ourselves.

Straight up.
With great power comes great responsibility, and unfortunately we, the people, have not yet fully matured. The world is still young and there is still lots to be learned.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Secularist
Lets step it up, NASA.

You do realize that this statement may have doomed Earth?

Imagine if you read a message like that about Earth on a newly discovered alien internet

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

I didn't say they won because of Russia. I said they won because of the Russian front.

Without it the allies would have faced the overwhelming, battle hardened, well equipped German forces which were fighting the Russians as well.

Victory would be almost, if not completely impossible.

Without the Russians, Germany would have been able to exploit the resources from the Caucasus.
I' m pretty sure my native tongue would have been German if that was the case.

Edit to say that I've read a lot of stuff that suggested the war was already won, and the Japanese were going to capitulate. Although I can not confirm it's true...
edit on 11/27/2010 by Sinter Klaas because:

You implied they had no chance of victory without Russia's "aid" and youre implying that again in your response.

You must have only read the first sentence in my post because I responded to all of what you just said. Again, the Soviet Union had 0 to do with the defeat of Germany. It doesnt matter that Hitler had men in the Soviet Union because without America cornering Japan, the USSR would not have launched an offensive upon the Nazi's retreat from Moscow. The Soviet Union was sided with Hitler up until Operation Barbarossa I hope you know, and knew nothing of what America was doing with the British. Stalin was planning for a long time the scenario for when Hitler would invade the USSR. The only information Stalin had about our movements came from soviet spies in Japan monitoring the conditions of the war there. The credit to the victory in WWII only goes to America and Britain, sorry. The Soviet Union would have been wiped out if not for the Yanks and Brits. And Japan could do nothing to the USA - nothing. They were totally helpless to our blockade of their country and were already slowly withering away from an inability to import trade.

When we dropped the atom bombs it was in an effort to spare millions of casualties on both sides of the war then invading the mainland with infantry, which proved to result in massive casualties during the invasions of several Japanese islands occupied by its Imperial Army. The Japanese were ready to fight to every last man and woman and child in the country to defeat America. The atom bombs were America's way of showing the Japanese this is what can happen if you dont surrender - we dont have to lift a finger.

The war with Japan was also a lot more difficult to win then the war with Germany, and the war with Germany was over long before the war with Japan.

The war with the Nazi's was well-documented and nothing is up for opinion. We know what crippled Hitler and what ruined his military - it was the war in the Atlantic that decided the outcome of the victory in WWII - and last I checked, the USSR was nowhere near the Atlantic when Hitler lost there.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Lets step it up, NASA.

Gonna' need a bigger capsule than anticipated due to the underestimated size of the occupants.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Lets step it up, NASA.

Gonna' need a bigger capsule than anticipated due to the underestimated size of the occupants.

Hehe. We could use Kim Jongs head for the shuttle. It seems to stuff an awful lot of air into a tiny space. Maybe he has some kind of secret we dont know about
We could just go there, lop it off, and then stuff all us American's in it and then reattach his ass to the neck and fill it with rocket fuel and that new engine that gets man to Mars in 39 days. Then blast off to Gilese 581g at however many miles per hour with ass spraying mayhem raining down over the Earth's atmosphere.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
And they would be fighting about?

This is a distraction from something we might just be about to become aware of.

Wouldn't an all out war between two countries who just might cause a nuclear winter distract you from something so mind boggling that is about to become obvious or revealed that you might need to concentrate on survival rather than any other hidden history.

Oh yes! The dance of the not so honourable 'leaders of humanity' goes on and not without purpose. And the purpose as always is to deceive, distract and ultimately destroy!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
And they would be fighting about?

This is a distraction from something we might just be about to become aware of.

Wouldn't an all out war between two countries who just might cause a nuclear winter distract you from something so mind boggling that is about to become obvious or revealed that you might need to concentrate on survival rather than any other hidden history.

Oh yes! The dance of the not so honourable 'leaders of humanity' goes on and not without purpose. And the purpose as always is to deceive, distract and ultimately destroy!

What do you think they're hiding from us? Obviously there's a lot going on behind the curtains, some things we'll never find out about, but what specific reason makes you believe this is another distraction?

If you're talking about Aliens, I'm afraid I can't back you up with that theory.
edit on 27-11-2010 by concernedcitizen519 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join