It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First Nuclear War

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

The First Nuclear War

www.dailymail.co.uk

At the time, people called it the Third World War. Now though, we refer to the terrible events of late 2010 in a different way. We call this the First Nuclear War.
It began on November 23, 2010, when North Korean artillery bombarded the small island of Yeonpyeong, which lies in the Yellow Sea, just south of the maritime border between the two Koreas.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(v isit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
WOW...
A scary look at what could already be set in stone.
With all these threats we face, the world is seemingly is headed to hell.
Let's pray that these horrible acts of destruction don't happen because they seem very likely!

What are your thoughts? How close are we to our first nuclear war? I always found it hard to believe that we'd come across one even this early, but things are heating up pretty quickly and we got some real dummies in charge of some pretty powerful weapons.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The doomsday clock had to move a few ticks.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Better we handle DPRK now before Iran is a confirmed nuclear state, I say. Kim Jong is way too irrational to be left alive. He bombs a country for no reason and then tells everybody else to back off or its all out war. What a tit.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Well when you consider multiple countries have had nuclear weapons for decades I'd say I'm surprised it hasn't already happened..
Especially considering the US used 2 within months of first being capable..

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Has anyone seen the relationship between a nuclear explosion and suicide?

I have looked at the two of world's highest suicide rates in the world, Belarus and Japan, guess what, they both had nuclear explosions. 2 nuclear bombs were dropped in Japan, and a nuclear explosion in Belarus which contaminated 99% of Belarus land.

The above being said, if a nuclear war starts, do you think the world suicide rates would sky rocket?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I think we've had some pretty good luck over the last 50 years when it comes to nuclear war, we've come close a few times but thankfully fate had something else in store for us. Times are a changing though as my homie Bob Dylan used to say and I think our luck is running out. Someone once said that as more time passes the chances that these deadly weapons will get used becomes more likely. I just hope that I'm not physically affected by the disaster when it happens!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I've never seen the connection before but that's pretty interesting if true. Probably has something to do with those horrible toxins in those bombs. Once exploded that stuff will stick around in the vicinity for a longgggggggggg time.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

The above being said, if a nuclear war starts, do you think the world suicide rates would sky rocket?

That depends. How bad does it hurt to be nuked? I guess it depends on how close you are to the epicenter of the blast. Or is shooting yourself in the head more painful you think?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
reply to post by oozyism

I've never seen the connection before but that's pretty interesting if true. Probably has something to do with those horrible toxins in those bombs. Once exploded that stuff will stick around in the vicinity for a longgggggggggg time.

I want to find out why this relationship exists.

What if they use this as a weapon, instead of going to war, you can use such a weapon to make people commit suicide.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I totally agree. The more Countries that have them, the more chances there are of them being used.

Maybe we live in a time that people in the future will look back on in envy at what we had.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Secularist

How about this?
Classic song..

www.youtube.com...
Political science..
I'm just pleased he "Don't wanna hurt no kangaroos"

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Yes, those were the days....

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I just watched a documentry called countdown to zero. It made me sick that we have all these weapons. What made me more sick was the fact that some of these countries were Praising God when they developed their nuclear bomb!

I believe if we don't get rid of these weapons, then its only a matter of time that these weapons are used in a war, or by terrorists, or by accident.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

I totally agree. The more Countries that have them, the more chances there are of them being used.

Maybe we live in a time that people in the future will look back on in envy at what we had.

That is a false logic.

The less countries that have nuclear weapons, the more chances of nuclear usage.

Hence

Nukes will always be used against nations which don't have them, if everyone have nukes, then nukes will become obsolete.

It is not logical to use nukes against countries nations which can nuke you back

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
How can this be if it hasn`t happened yet. This thread should be moved from Breaking News since its not a Nuclear War yet.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
I just watched a documentry called countdown to zero. It made me sick that we have all these weapons. What made me more sick was the fact that some of these countries were Praising God when they developed their nuclear bomb!

I believe if we don't get rid of these weapons, then its only a matter of time that these weapons are used in a war, or by terrorists, or by accident.

Can you link me to the documentary? I've been looking for it for over a year now, yes, even before it came out. I'm fascinated by the whole thing and it seems like a must watch video!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
reply to post by oozyism

Well, i hear the working conditions in Japan are pretty extreme, as are the standards required of people who work... so, ya know... thats an indication of why people in Japan will consider suicide.

I kinda think that a nuke has it's own potential to kill, rather than a side effect decades down the track by means of suicide inducing tendencies..

If you actually think about it, there is a direct correlation between people who wear clothes and suicide.

Interesting....

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Hi

Very disturbing , but fictional story. I do not believe China or the US are really that stupid.

By the way...

Did you know that there have been 2053 nuclear explosions already.... as a test.
If not read the following thread please ?

Nukes, Nukes and More Nukes!,

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

That is a false logic.

The less countries that have nuclear weapons, the more chances of nuclear usage.

Hence

Nukes will always be used against nations which don't have them, if everyone have nukes, then nukes will become obsolete.

It is not logical to use nukes against countries nations which can nuke you back

I agree with you a little bit on this.
....just a little though.

Mutual destruction will always be a good deterrent, however when you take religion into account then that’s a whole new ball game.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join