It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nervous before I enlist in the Marines

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Yeah! All my friends are in college. Being a young man with many friends from California I feel guilty of not graduating and getting off my but! Even though I'm defiantly joining the military. My ultimate career goal will be banking.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
I feel like a karma chameleon...snip

Oh no the Culture Club reference....takes me back to my teens.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
I feel guilty of not graduating...snip

Don't be....everyone else graduated because they were told to as children...you are going to graduate because you want the education and diploma. You should be proud!!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Just curious as to what makes you want to join the marines specifically, instead of the navy or army or something?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

I have studied the Marines and the Army. I feel I can do a lot better in the Marines. My dad was a Green Beret in Vietnam and I feel also that would be a great thing to get into. Except the Green Berets are the special forces for the Army. I have friends who are or who were interested in joining the Marines and it seems like I can do it to.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Thanks!
Even though it's raining in my area. I feel like I must get out and have a good time. See what the gloomy skies and everyone has to offer.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Have you considering a career in HDMI cable engineering.

I hear there's monies in them there cables.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
You should have a look into joining the merchant navy.

I had a pal who joined up (I can't remember what he did). He spent 4 years sailing around the world, living it up in the ports and doing sod all work. How he chuckled when saw that he had thousands in his bank account at the end of it all. He was onto a really good screw with that job.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
For your information,there is a 6 to 8 month waiting list to go to Marine boot camp.

That is after you pass all the tests etc.

The Marines are not hurting for recruits

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Wow that's entirely different than a couple years ago when I went into the recruiting office!

Guess that makes sense though. It's the economic depression we're in, mostly.

It seems quite obvious that one of the agenda's being pushed by the ruling class is population stabilization.

One of the ways they do this is cause economic mayhem which causes political mayhem and then war, war, war!!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
For your information,there is a 6 to 8 month waiting list to go to Marine boot camp.

That is after you pass all the tests etc.

The Marines are not hurting for recruits

Nobuddys' enlisting in the Marines, guy (last I heard he's thinking about going into the Navy). I'm a Navy man myself (over ten years I was in) and it beats the heck out of crouchin down in the ditch and being shot at

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by inchworm

The title clearly states Marines. The marines are actually a branch of the navy, so the two aren't mutually exclusive. You can join the department of the navy, and enlist as a marine.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Bud, thanks for your reply and the info-ma-tion but I was in the Navy and know all about that.

edit on 27-11-2010 by inchworm because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2010 by inchworm because: words

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I've been watching your responses Rebel, and also those of the people who have known you for a while. I have come to the conclusion that you are not ready to enlist in any branch of service, much less the Marine Corp.

I'm not trying to be mean, not at all; in fact, I'm trying to give you a heads up. You seem to have been flip-flopping with the direction you want to take in life, but once you join the military there is no more of that - you have to be SURE that this is what you want to do. I can't speak for the other services, but the Marine Corp will change you, and I mean PROFOUNDLY, and for the rest of your life. I don't think you are ready to accept that change just yet.

Say you did join the Marine Corp and made it through boot camp, advanced infantry training, and are deployed to the fleet. Now look into yourself and ask if you could really look someone in the eyes, aim your weapon at them, and not hesitate to take their life; because that is exactly what will be expected of you. If you hesitate for even a second, you - or your best friend - could pay with your own life. And if you DO pull the trigger, you will have that person's face, and the expression on it, etched into your psyche for the rest of your life.

IMO, you should finish your GED and then spend a couple of years in community college, or backpacking in Europe, until you're able to define yourself a little bit better. From where I sit brother, you just aren't ready.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Now that's some good advice for the kid.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
You seem like such a delicate rose, .....

why marines man ??

go into the airforce and make some cash, .... they dont even make you run everyday.

The marines are a bunch of jugheads, ... " sorry marines". I've known alot of them, they get all indoctrinated and gun crazy. The airforce focuses on using more of your mind than your body.

... besides, .. I dont want you being treated like a " Private Pyle"

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

You're correct! I would love to join the military. Thankfully I have a long time before the deadline to enlist. Like I mention earlier. GED and HS Diploma, get my braces off, continue with my diet and exercise, go to college like my friends and then join the military. I also mentioned about my father being a Green Beret. Since he joined up and become a Beret in Vietnam I wonder if anything changed since then.
Special Forces
I showed my father this page and entry on the Green Berets. He said it binged back memories. The only difference he could recall was that he was more trained for going into Vietnam right away.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

The marines are a bunch of jugheads, ... " sorry marines". I've known alot of them, they get all indoctrinated and gun crazy. The airforce focuses on using more of your mind than your body.

... besides, .. I dont want you being treated like a " Private Pyle"

ExCUUUSE ME?!? That's JARHEAD to you!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I just wanted to point out the hilarity that has ensued within this thread.....as every time I read one of your posts about how serious you are about becoming a gung ho marine and fighting the good fight, my eye is always distracted to the dancing Asian anime princess swaying to and from in your avatar.

On a serious note, I suggest you look into the Air Force. Better training, better opportunity, better equiptment and housing. My uncle Jimmy was an officer in the USAF, he was stationed in Hawaii and rode a bicycle to work every day for 15 years. Carried a rifle exactly one day while he was enlisted.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Thanks for the compliment. I find my avatar as humorous and the laughing is good for the soul. I did purchase a book for the ASVAB. The book is up to date for 2009/2010 testing. Many places I did good. Medical I did well and few others I failed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join