It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nervous before I enlist in the Marines

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
You seem like a nice enough young fella, so here is some real advice that I wish someone had given me when I was your age.

Go to college, earn a degree, do something you love that doesnt involve hurting anybody or getting your legs blown off. Build up your mind and add as many skills to your tool box as you can.

Life is too short to hate what you do every day, and unless you are hard wired for it, the military life can be a living hell.

Good luck to you.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Thank you! I have always had a love for banking. Since many of my relatives are in various fields. I might enjoy banking. Not knowing much about banking. I feel there is a certain aspect of how pawn shops are run. Not exactly the same but you can get the picture. Like pawning and then when a person pays back interest.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by BlackOps719

Thank you! I have always had a love for banking. Since many of my relatives are in various fields. I might enjoy banking. Not knowing much about banking. I feel there is a certain aspect of how pawn shops are run. Not exactly the same but you can get the picture. Like pawning and then when a person pays back interest.

Pawn shops, eh? One time I tried to pawn a stuffed weasel that I bought years before at a hunting expo but the shop owner said "No way fella-- now get outta here!'

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

If you are serious about joining the military,
make sure you're joining for the right reasons.
Once you are signed and sworn in,you belong to
uncle sam for four years!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
One thing the military does is make a man out of you and lose any bad habits you might have, I can't say enough for the experience, they do a pretty good job of remaking you in boot camp. The biggest plus is you can learn a trade, get GI Bill benefits for a college education, home loan and etc. I always thought the Navy was the best place to be incase you decided to be a 'lifer' as the promotions are faster. Once you get a couple years of college credit behind you, you can go to OCS and get a commission, retire out at 20 years with a decent pension.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Are you joining only because there are no other jobs?

You don't belong in the marines or any other part of the armed forces and you'll come home real quick in abody bag.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join