It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton talks to China about Wikileaks release

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I understand that you would want to oust or embarrass or in some way damage people that you would regard as being evil or deceitful etc, who wouldn’t? The problem is that if anyone is damaged or embarrassed or worse, the vast majority will be perfectly ordinary people who have done nothing wrong.

A few, very bad people damaged at the expense of a great many more innocent ones, where have we heard that before? Would you not choose to avoid the possibility of that happening (again) if you could? If the bad guys are targeted effectively and negative consequences are minimised or eliminated, then good times, but I doubt that will be the case.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I'm unsure where to stand with Wikileaks. Part of me wants to cheer them on for their seemingly good intentions. But part of me questions their intentions. If they really wanted to expose the govt with these deep secrets, why not release right away to all major news outlets? This almost seems like a damn game. And even if all the info is legit, it almost seems like it will pass by without major notice. Sure, a lot of us will read it and be outraged. But the avg American won't even hear about it! Didn't you know Miley's bday was recently?!?! And a royal wedding soon?!?!

It is a shame. The avg American will hear this and get mad for 5 min, then disregard it entirely, if they even hear it at all.

From personal experience, I have realized how hard it is to inform the current generation of adults. Many people just don't wanna believe that their govt is wrong! And for that alone, those of us who care will be punished. Sadly, I don't see this changing any time soon.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Itzpointless

It looks like it's not American reaction they are worried about. Globally, America is really skating on the thinnest of ice right now. If Assange releases incriminating documents against America, countries that we need to support us (countries that provide our resources and buy our debt) could turn on us.

I think I'm going to go out and buy some more rice and canned foods today.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Who do you REALLY see turning on us? At this point, after everything exposed the past couple years, you are either with us or against us. After the past few releases, if you are still with us, this next release shouldn't change that.
In retrospect, this most recent release didn't do much anyway. Without MSM support, enough people just wont hear about it and act.

Sure people will get mad, but two months after, nothing will be different. I guarantee it!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itzpointless

Who do you REALLY see turning on us? At this point, after everything exposed the past couple years, you are either with us or against us. After the past few releases, if you are still with us, this next release shouldn't change that.
In retrospect, this most recent release didn't do much anyway. Without MSM support, enough people just wont hear about it and act.

Sure people will get mad, but two months after, nothing will be different. I guarantee it!

Well Clinton is talking to China about this release. They obviously had to send Clinton to talk to Chinese leaders. I'm sure he didn't decide to do it himself. So they must be worried about Chinese reaction.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
reply to post by wcitizen

I understand that you would want to oust or embarrass or in some way damage people that you would regard as being evil or deceitful etc, who wouldn’t?

Exactly, and what better way to expose and eliminate corruption within your own government and corrupt alliances with others than to leak incriminating evidence to the entire world?

The people running the show here are NOT elected by the public. They have security accesses the president himself can never have.

That said, enjoy the show.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

From what I can see, the US is talking to a few different countries about the release. That alone does not deserve condemnation. It could be just a basic warm-up for all we know (just to let them know their name may come up at some point).

From what I can gather, the avg citizen doesn't care enough to change anything. It's sad, but it's true. The past two wiki-releases have been HUGE (in terms of knowledge) but did anything change? No. Sadly, I don't see any future releases being life-changing. The avg person just won't know enough to care.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger

Yes, Wikileaks could be crushed by the CIA... and then they'd simply have another organization pop up in its place just like the RIAA killing Napster had zero impact on people's ability to get "pirated" music. Therefore the only thing crushing Wikileaks would do is set them self up for even more distrust in the future.

They could have "crushed" them before any "critical security leaks" were ever published. And most of the world would have never noticed, nor even cared.

Do you really honestly believe the US intelligence community was unaware of these leaks from the beginning, and/or where the leaks were going?

This is all happening exactly as planned.... If you choose to believe otherwise, all the better for them.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itzpointless

From what I can see, the US is talking to a few different countries about the release. That alone does not deserve condemnation. It could be just a basic warm-up for all we know (just to let them know their name may come up at some point).

From what I can gather, the avg citizen doesn't care enough to change anything. It's sad, but it's true. The past two wiki-releases have been HUGE (in terms of knowledge) but did anything change? No. Sadly, I don't see any future releases being life-changing. The avg person just won't know enough to care.

My point is, whatever American citizens do regarding this is irrelevant, because we as American citizens are now irrelevant. It's the world that's going to react, not us.

edit on 27-11-2010 by windwaker because: to fix a misspelling.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This is my philosophy regarding information.

If it's something that can change my life, I want to know about it.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Maybe this goes back to the Clinton years when they were selling nuclear secrets to the chins. Maybe the N. Korea and S. Korea thing could be a diversion, just in case the wiki documents are really damaging, who would care if a war was going on, I'm mean know one would even notice if the bullets started flying.

keep watching my left hand and you'll never see my right, that's their game and they are good at it.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Until this is all released we can only speculate. We know that the people on this entire Planet are divided on just about everything.

I believe one problem is no matter what Country you live in you are proud of who you are and your Country and this is the way it should be. When I hear we hate or want to kill Americans it is so disturbing to me and should be very disturbing to you..... are you responsible for what your Country does and you don't even know.

The American peoples just as you citizens in other Countries are just living life ...... if a Government is doing wrong then it is up to we the people of that Country to work together and do the best we can to make things right.

We all know that most of the Major Big Countries are all the same it's not just the good old US of A.

remenber the old saying what goes around comes around.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The last "leak" was much ado about nothing.

Wikileaks is hyping this as a "world changing" release of information.

We will see. The proof will be in the pudding.

Doesn't it seem kind of weird that people are terrified of the mystical, almost supernatural powers the government has for surveillance and manipulation of the public, yet the government is powerless to stop things like this and are so concerned with the consequences of it?

Government disinformation?

Or maybe they allow these "leaks" to gather IP addresses of parties interested in Wikileaks for some future use.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Ok as per my other thread I asked these basic questions regarding the wikileaks. Seems something major is about to break stay tuned.

I have to ask myself this....

Who would have the most to gain by releasing the info?

1. Some geeky internet do gooders?

2. The Republicans trying to drag the present administration across the coals even though it has exposed other actions by the previous administration?

3. China or Russia or both in an attempt to expose what goes on in back room maneuvers in order to put the US in a bad light?

Also I haven't read anybody thus far bring up the very real possibility that by Wiki releasing this information that it could possibly not only expose US wrong doing but also expose some rather embarrassing information about...

US/Chinese/Russian/_____

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
wikileaks is the peoples intelligence agency. like the press should be.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

While I'm for honesty, I'm certainly not for theft or the releasing of "Classified" materials. As a former military person with security clearance I take secret and classified materials importantly.

If this could in any way hurt people I'm 100% against it.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
UPDATE: Cryptome.org releases:
Wikileaks Molestation - November 27, 2010

All I can say is WTF!?

Read those letters and you will laugh your head off, the amount of things that Johnathon Lee Richards has said.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Hey Slayer,

I believe all three questions are pertinent to this upcoming WL release. IMHO, China would be the one who most benefits from this release because of all the one-upmanship that is going on. Especially the relationship between the currencies and trade status. If this WL release indicates some kind of espionage or market manipulation against China, then China will take great offense.
If in deed that somehow the previous or current administration has somehow crossed the Chinese government, then China could use this to persuade current foreign investors in U.S. commodities/investments to come over to their markets to invest. Hence, hastening the downward spiral that our country is in.
Russia doesn't really want to deal with the U.S. As seen from Pres. Obama's first visit to Moscow. They pretty much gave him a chilly reception on his first visit. The seemingly cozy relationship between Obama and Medvedev is only a fascade. Putin is pulling all the strings in Moscow.
Sec. Clinton is obviously doing some pre-emptive damage control, because this will be another debacle akin to the Chinese shooting down one of our Navy Recon planes from early in the Bushivus II's first administration.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

While I'm for honesty, I'm certainly not for theft or the releasing of "Classified" materials. As a former military person with security clearance I take secret and classified materials importantly.

If this could in any way hurt people I'm 100% against it.

What if you had found news of a plot within the government?
As a soldier you swore an oath to protect the country, not the government.
Your loyalty should be to the people..

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Well Clinton is talking to China about this release. They obviously had to send Clinton to talk to Chinese leaders. I'm sure he didn't decide to do it himself. So they must be worried about Chinese reaction.

Clinton is a she, not a he..As in Hilary, and they didn't send her.
She simply used a phone..

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join