It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Sophisticated' border tunnel leads to seizure of tons of pot!Brand New!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

(CNN) -- The discovery of a "sophisticated" tunnel between a Mexican eat-in kitchen and two Southern California warehouses led authorities on both sides of the U.S.-Mexico border to arrest at least nine suspects and seize between 20 and 30 tons of marijuana.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Unzueta described the nearly half-mile-long and, in spots, 90-foot-deep passageway as "very sophisticated," even more so than the one found earlier this month.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I don't know what to think of this yet!

That is a lot of pot!

--------->Read more here! www.cnn.com...

your thoughts?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
My thoughts? Thread is going to go away in just a few seconds for the fact that an illegal substance is topic of discussion.

Otherwise, I think it shows just how much we should just go ahead an legalize it. Too much violence trying to stop people from getting their drunk on. Now it's too much violence for people wanted to be in the clouds. So stupid.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
One can only humourously surmise that the CIA later used these same tunnels to sneak 100 tonnes of coc aine into the country.
edit on 26-11-2010 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnarly

I think your right on both accounts lol, I peronaly never plan on trying the stuff but I think they should just legalize it!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Thats alot of pot. well i guess i can expect a price jack and shortage even here in SC. i hope not. i have heard that SC is the pot growing capitol of the south east. anyways, i also think that they should legalize it not just so i can smoke without worrying about going to the slammer but because if they do and tax it which they surly will then im pretty sure we could come out of the resession in 6 months to a year. easy

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I live in southern Ohio and the Mexican Cartels have even come here to grow, Up near Columbus a few months ago the feds got a big patch that was using sophisticated equipment for maximum growth. Ohio is broke, and Ohio spends a lot of money that could be used otherwise on a fake war on drugs. The Congress sits up there and talks about the "Dream Act," and thinks about how to sway the American to this idea. The States could ease their economic burden by growing and packaging, and taxing that which the people want, and what the people will have...if the government doesn't provide it, others will, and that is a fact of life. Plus the plant itself can make a great many products, from clothing to building supplies, paper plastics could be banned forever. As long as our government hides their heads in the sand while kissing up to the illegals we shall continue down this road, until the Cartels just have enough and come across the border in force.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
If I think it long and hard enough maybe I could find myself lost in one of those tunnels never to return but oh so happy

top topics

join