It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Craters made in lab using arcing, look identical to some craters throughout Solar System.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
While reading some fascinating space news this morning about a thin layer of atmosphere on Saturns moon Rhea, I came across a equally fascinating, but controversial article regarding the Electric Universe..

the typical shallow, flat floors of the craters, together with central bumps, provide a perfect match with the pattern produced by plasma physicist C J Ransom in his laboratory arcing experiments.

Rhea, the Battered Ice Ball.

Here is a Photo of the craters created in the lab using arcing..
Now here is a Photo of some craters on Saturn's moon Rhea.

Of course we know that asteroids hit moons and planets all the time, so naturally not all craters would be caused by arcing, of course. Which would also point to there being two different types of craters- impact craters, and arc craters.

I think if these distinct craters are caused by arcs, instead of them being somehow caused by electricity permeating space, its more likely that they are the result of buildup, followed by the eventual discharge of static electricity from large bodies in space, when they get close to one another.

Large body's could be asteroids and meteors, planets with overlapping orbits, or other unknown objects that might be in, or pass through our Solar System..

I speculate whether its possible for asteroids to build up static from our Sun as they orbit it, on a constant cycle of static build-up and discharge during the life of their orbits?

Hoping to find out more about our Sun, I Googled "ion sun," but found something else instead..
Magnetic ion emitting gas Giant near our Sun..

What do i believe? Given that I know nothing more of this subject than what I posted above, I couldn't even make a educated guess.
But, I might say that from a scientific perspective, it would be considered fantastical to conclude something is true when there is no evidence for it. However, given that there is no evidence for it, to believe it is not possible is equally fantastical. Another thing that's interesting, if it turns out there is hard science behind the electric universe theory, it adds whole new depth to the resemblance of the Solar System and the Atom.

edit on 11/26/2010 by aayler because: not telling..

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by aayler

I was just reading an article about Rhea's atmosphere linked here, from this ATS thread,
Oxygen-rich atmosphere found on Saturn moon,.

Cassini had detected oxygen and carbon dioxide on Saturn's moon Rhea, they can explain the oxygen but the levels of CO2 are a mystery. Perhaps this CO2 came about from electrical arcing.

I think that these worlds, moons and planets, are full of evidence in favor of electrical arcing. Both Valles Marineris on Mars and the Grand Canyon here on Earth are also evidence of this theory but on a much grander scale.

This is a whole new way of looking at geological formations yet if we do this we will find evidence all over the Earth that this phenomena has indeed happened.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devino
reply to post by aayler

Cassini had detected oxygen and carbon dioxide on Saturn's moon Rhea, they can explain the oxygen but the levels of CO2 are a mystery. Perhaps this CO2 came about from electrical arcing.

Oh, fascinating! I haven't considered that.
It also mentions that the particles are flying out into space. So, if arcing did create the CO2, then it might have had to occurred recently. Either that or they are wrong, and Rhea's thin atmosphere traps at least the majority of gases in.

edit on 11/26/2010 by aayler because: lol

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by aayler

Of course we know that asteroids hit moons and planets all the time,

How come we never see video of this happening? How come no new craters have appeared on the moon in recorded history?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by craig732

How come we never see video of this happening? How come no new craters have appeared on the moon in recorded history?

One new crater was indeed discovered:

New crater
edit on 27/11/10 by Maslo because: wrong link

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Use common sense. Its not necessary to go to extremes (believe only this, or believe only that), because there is no conspiracy here.

We monitor with instruments, fly-by with our satellites, and can even SEE them in the sky when they fly by. And you are saying a time span of millions of years and none of them collide with anything?
And even some of those streaks you see that fly by on the NASA cam are actually micro meteorites.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Right. Its hard for me to believe craters like that are from arcing, because isn't that what a crater from a impact would look like? With the splash and everything..

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Except that we have seen impacts, and Jupiter will likely attract most since it has the second largest gravitational affect on the solar system: Shoemaker-Levy 9

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by aayler

Use common sense. Its not necessary to go to extremes (believe only this, or believe only that), because there is no conspiracy here.

We monitor with instruments, fly-by with our satellites, and can even SEE them in the sky when they fly by. And you are saying a time span of millions of years and none of them collide with anything?
And even some of those streaks you see that fly by on the NASA cam are actually micro meteorites.

Please don't misintrpret my questions... they are just that. Obviouusly there have been many, many hits over the billions of years since the universe has formed, and now possibly many, many arcs. I am just curious as to why there haven't been any since we have all these space cameras and telescopes, other than the comet strike on Jupiter.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

One new crater was indeed discovered:

New crater
edit on 27/11/10 by Maslo because: wrong link

Thank you Maslo.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Oh, sorry about that then.

I guess the answer would be-
Human technology: 70 yrs.
The Universe: Billions of years.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This thread is a utter fail..

Maybe if I would have put more of a ATS style like title, like "PROOF of the Electric Universe!",
or, "PROOF that craters are made by electrical arcing!!", I would've gotten more stars....

But I did recently see a Family Guy episode that I could find a conspiracy and a prediction in. hmmm...

edit on 11/29/2010 by aayler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Craters can also be made by poking your fingers in the dirt.

That doesn't mean they were formed that way on the Moon.

No, not even "some of them."

new topics

top topics

join