It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks (was) down

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
They are overhauling the entire website, they mentioned it on their webpage somewhere..
I think they're trying to re-wikify it.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
is it down because they're updating it now? I would love to read it, and i'm gonna be up for another four hours...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost374

That's my problem.. I'm tired as all get out. I'll try to stick around for another hour....

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by myster0
They are overhauling the entire website, they mentioned it on their webpage somewhere.

I suppose if there were true, there'd be some sort of reassurance on their Twitter feed, rather than: Now is a good time to download some "history insurance"

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I got into their IRC channel, its up. Im awaiting to talk to a member of staff to see what is happening. I queried them in the chat, no response yet.

Yeah, if it were normal, their main site would at least have some updates or their Twitter page.

I will keep you updated.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
So can someone explain to me what the supposed documents carry as far as relevance goes? I understand what they are rumored to be, but in all honesty, and no offense, but its nothing that changes history.

So politicians and people who run the country (each respective country) arent always honest... YOU DONT SAY!

If there is already a thread that explains it, if you would be so kind as to link it for me

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

They have not released the information yet.

We are assuming it could be the Insurance file that is encrypted with 256AES. Nobody can access it without the key, we think they may be releasing the key any time soon. Im trying to find out why Wikileaks domains are dropping like flies. It could be maintenance but there is no official notice on the official site or any Tweets regarding the downtime of multiple servers and domains.

EDIT:

New Tweet:

Israel contacted by US Embassy in Tel Aviv over presumed pending release according to Haaretz

No mention of downtime issues.
edit on 25/11/2010 by the_denv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

Thanks for your response.. and forgive me, but I will explain what I know, and maybe you can patch things up for me, since you seem to be on top of a lot of this.

Consider me a normal dude, doesnt delve too deep into stuff like this. What I know is they released a lot of war documents that caused a big uproar, but being in the military, I saw some of the stuff and was like "ok, and?"

Did they release something else? (insurance key?) what is it? I guess the whole thing confuses me.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Well apparently from their twitter feed, they leaked a synopsis to the NYT and the NYT went to the whitehouse and then the state department went to work trying to apply bandaids.. so either whatever is going to be leaked is enough to devestate the intelligence or diplomatic community or it was a bait and switch to get the US to "give itself up" to it's various allies.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmefoc
So can someone explain to me what the supposed documents carry as far as relevance goes? I understand what they are rumored to be, but in all honesty, and no offense, but its nothing that changes history.

So politicians and people who run the country (each respective country) arent always honest... YOU DONT SAY!

If there is already a thread that explains it, if you would be so kind as to link it for me

the difference before is that we speculated on their lies and were called conspiracy theorists for doing so.
now it is possible we have proof coming from the den of the lion, and that proof may reveal more than we ever speculated. that mean's the theories are true, making them fact, and not fiction.
the fact they claim history will be redefined must mean that there is some information that shows that something the public believes isn't true, and the truth of whatever is false has been deliberately hidden.
to me, that's a big deal, if it can be proven true.
i wouldn't put down this new leak until i have read it. it makes no sense to judge something you have no clue about. the last war logs were a huge deal, but nobody wanted to read it all, so nobody did anything about, save 4 or 5 people, which is crap. the rest of the populace just said 'oh shame on thee' and went on living in the shame.
i think maybe this time around we should be a little more pragmatic with our new found knowledge.
maybe we can change the belief that politicians do lie. maybe we can bring honesty into politics, if that's what we really want. i dont see why there are so many people like you who say 'politicians lie? duh!' and go on living as if that is ok. its not ok. yes, it is a part of life, but that part of life is not ok.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Everything that has been and will be leaked is entirely controlled, planned and coordinated.

Any proof to back up these claims?

There is definitely a movement behind the scenes trying to discredit and delegitimise Wikileaks and all that it stands for. Wikileaks made powerful enemies when it began releasing stuff the US Government doesn't want the general population to see.

Why is there so much secrecy involving the contents of these documents?
edit on 25/11/2010 by Dark Ghost because: reworded

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

Insurance file is a large file (1.4GB if I remember), it is encrypted with 256AES and nobody knows what is in it. Apparently its a file that will keep the staff of Wikleaks safe from being assassinated etc. We don't know if this new leak will be the key for this file or something new.

I was talking to a member on the Wikileaks IRC channel (not staff), and they reassured me that the downtime is nothing to worry about and that WL knows what they are doing.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Wow, what? and I was about to download that... lol If they can find who has that file then they can trace who knows info.

And it's truly not hard to find people who is peered to the file if people are seeding.
edit on 25-11-2010 by Mizzijr because: I wanted to.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

Anyone can go and download that file and your IP will appear on the peers list, anyone can jot it down and find out your ISP phone number and give them your number etc. But you can get programs that block your IP on torrents.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

DL it, unlock it, print it, delete it, sell the comp, make copies, pass it out, revolution.
or you get arrested/killed in the time of the commas.
it may help in one way or another, or it may only get a person in deep trouble. either way, its worth the risk to me. if they are tracking the people who DL this file, so be it.
i wouldn't be surprised if ATS is already being monitored and some tracked.
it ought to be in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Yeah, see I don't know about the programs that block IP. Any programs that you would suggest for I and others in such a case?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
reply to post by dmefoc

Insurance file is a large file (1.4GB if I remember), it is encrypted with 256AES and nobody knows what is in it. Apparently its a file that will keep the staff of Wikleaks safe from being assassinated etc. We don't know if this new leak will be the key for this file or something new.
I was talking to a member on the Wikileaks IRC channel (not staff), and they reassured me that the downtime is nothing to worry about and that WL knows what they are doing.

how can there be people who still believe that Wikileaks can be an extension of the cia?

If they were linked to the CIA, why are they causing so many problems for the U.S. government?

And why Assange would be running the world, seeking a place to live?

U.S. Embassies Warn Allies of Possible Fallout From New WikiLeaks Disclosure
Wikileaks to publish diplomatic papers on global corruption: report

Is this leak of information that will change the world?

I mean there will be a great uprising of the countries that are U.S. allies. If this is real I think that the relations of allied countries with the United States will never be the same. This may be why they said that after this leak the world will never be the same.

Will this new tension between the Koreas was an attempt to stifle this new leak? If this leak was a real deal escandal, i think we will have a serius war.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
wikileaks is becoming like the ufo disclosur project with greere and c.o ,

a lot of fuzz and little disclosing

why even share data that you dont have access to nor cant benefit from ,

either you share the data and everyone benefits from the truth

or

you fuzz about it and beg for donations,...

a word to you assange

LAY THE CARDS ON THE TABLE AND GET ON WITH THE GAME
SURE YOU CAN RAISE THE STAKES BUT IF YOUR CARDS ARE
BULL SO IS YOUR GAME

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
A star to you for your patience with me in explaining. So, what I would venture to say is that, if the "insurance" is their safeguard, they arent being too "transparent" at all.

True revolutionists wouldnt worry with their life, theyd worry for the freedoms they are being withheld.. right?

Anyways, I get it.. its safer that way, noone wants to die.

This new "leak" would be something completely different then, yes?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

It's not the computer, it's basically an internet code that identifies your location. Haven't you noticed like when your on google and you start typing something like, "Thing to do in....." and the suggestion will have your city or state? It's because of your IP address.

Careful, don't be naive. I rather you walk out with your life brother.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join