It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Are Saying Boycott Walmart On Black Friday

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
What a pathetic video.

Do these kids think that it's a crime to be successful?

Do any of them have to stretch a budget to feed a family?

The Walton family got rich giving American consumers what they want and need. So what?

Right now, I'm mad at Walmart for reducing their stock and the selection of their products and that has hurt their bottom line.

Still, Walmart offers mostly good products at reasonable prices and offers jobs and opportunities for advancement to those who are willing to work and excel.

Those are the qualities that made America great.

Want to boycott Walmart?

Go ahead, that will mean shorter lines for me and fewer goofy teenagers blocking the aisles while they giggle and text each other.

edit on 2010/11/26 by GradyPhilpott because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
ON NOES, PROFIT. HOW DEVIOUSLY EVIL!

More goods for me haha heehee.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Wal-Mart is just another, "look, my thing is bigger than yours" corporation. I worked for Sams club many years back and seeing that company from the inside made me sick! I AVOID shopping there as much as my family can. Of course it has it's place in the economy. But I do not like the company. And there is no such thing as forced labor. We have the right to say NO!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

It gives me false hope that the Walmart generation will eventually die off. Walmart is responsible for shutting down a lot of smaller businesses. When I was brainwashed in my economic classes in college, I was told this was a good thing. A normal thing.
No...I don't believe in sacrificing quality for quantity. But most Americans seem to be okay with it.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

It gives me false hope that the Walmart generation will eventually die off. Walmart is responsible for shutting down a lot of smaller businesses. When I was brainwashed in my economic classes in college, I was told this was a good thing. A normal thing.
No...I don't believe in sacrificing quality for quantity. But most Americans seem to be okay with it.

Agreed - - - Seeing small business go down because of corporate monsters like Wal-Mart is sad and wrong. I support small business more than the big bitches. I like hunting down a mom and pop store over a corporate titan. I support small business. And yes, this country does do a good job of brainwashing. Let's try to lead more mindless sheep to the corporate flock!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

heres my observation of the black friday sales (there are 4 area wal mart stores here @ 29577)

at the 5AM start of the electronics items...most were already sold out, see they use a ticket system
for all the early birds -- 400 products = 400 tickets -- and if your not there to get a ticket for an item your already blocked out from purchasing the sale item.

19" LCD TVs- uo to 32" LCD TVs, e-machine 15" laptops, Blu-ray DVD players were steadily being carted out by the lucky shoppers...

many which look familiar, perhaps at the Food Stamp application office or the Employment Security office...
but the vast majority were minority families, Latin & African heritage...there were also those with no cars but strapped the boxed flatscreen on their back and bicycled to their sanctuary castles.

my take on all this madness... the deals were too great to ignore (e-machine, 3 Gig memory, Win 7, various ports & HDMI for $100 off msrp)..but for the working underclass, apparently minimum wagers, this was their opportunity to get that top end 32" flat screen & at least be comfortable until the job market rebounds...
i think i'd be satisified eating mac & cheese & a food-stamp diet in front of a big screen TV, pretending I'm a fat cat for as long as i could hold out without a decent job... thinking that one does not have to be reminded of being in a miserable situation by living a miserable/austere life surrounded by poverty stuff

myself, i'll continue to shop wal mart regardless of chinese products, i'll also 'buy american' as i can afford

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
What a pathetic video.

...Touche...

Do these kids think that it's a crime to be successful?

There's a big difference between success and greed. The only thing that the Walton family did right was be born into the same family as the late Sam Walton. After they inherited 40% of the company, they just screwed their staff over and took their manufacturing overseas to increase their personal profit margins. These people aren't successful. Success comes when you do something. These people are lazy and are incapable of thinking of the repercussions of their actions on local business markets as well as foreign markets.

Do any of them have to stretch a budget to feed a family?

Do you? Does the Walton family? Does the Walton family even know what stretching a budget even means?

The Walton family got rich giving American consumers what they want and need. So what?

Yes, they did. And then, once they were rich, they built slavehouses in foreign countries to expontentialize their personal profits and absolutely murder the American "free market" in the process. Good on them. Prime example of capitalist success.

Right now, I'm mad at Walmart for reducing their stock and the selection of their products and that has hurt their bottom line.

They don't care, silly. That's an excuse to pump out some lay-offs and turn a profit.

Still, Walmart offers mostly good products at reasonable prices and offers jobs and opportunities for advancement to those who are willing to work and excel.

Ahahaha. It's a good thing you're not ambitious like Sam Walton. Because it would be impossible for him to compete in today's market against big box stores with his piddly little Wal-Mart family business.

Those are the qualities that made America great.

The qualities that made America great are the ones that weren't based on corporate greed...

Want to boycott Walmart?

No, because nothing will happen. The Umbrella Corpora.. I mean Wal-Mart.. is immune to litigation and boycotting because those with power are too preoccupied either making or saving money off of them to consider how they've murdered the market.

Go ahead, that will mean shorter lines for me and fewer goofy teenagers blocking the aisles while they giggle and text each other.

...I hope they are mature enough to fight for what they believe in regardless of what any ignorant old fart would tell them about what they think they know about the corporate world...

Don't get me wrong, I shop at Wal-Mart, too. Not because I want to, but because Wal-Mart kills out all of the other options. What an "American success story".

edit on 28-11-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join