It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baffled bird migration

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Indigenous elders have my upmost respect.
Once said to me,

The black Cockatoo he brings the rain,
2 black Cockatoo brings 2 days of rain.
When all the Cockatoo come, our land will flood.

I use black cockys all the time now and yes he brings rain.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The birds were displaying bizaare behaviour throughout the springtime as well, singing and screeching all through the night - unusual to say the least.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
One of the reasons that birds use when choosing when they migrate is the abundance of food.
I know that in northern Europe, and the UK there has been a glut of berries etc this year, this can cause birds to stay put for a bit longer before moving on, also in the UK and also maybe Northern Europe, the Autumn has been very mild, that also could being playing it's part.
Just my two cents worth.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Keeping along the topic line in general, I was just questioning my friend why the ducks are giving birth this time of year? Although I live in south Florida, (where we're un to ourselves,we defy logic in so many ways anyway *eye roll*), I've never noticed baby ducklings this time of year before (even though I've only been here 6 years).

I was kidding and said they better watch it because it's Thanksgiving time. And of the original 8, we're down to 3. And it's supposed to get pretty chilly here soon.

Ducks don't usually give birth pre-winter as a natural rule so this might have something to do with what's going on down there too.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
Interesting. Indeed Climate changes also affects animal behaviours. It is only logical.

why climate change? Its been colder than normal up north so far. This shouldve caused them to migrate sooner.
Unless this is happening world wide, id say its an isolated incident and as far as I know, the Whooping Cranes that migrate here every winter, have been steadily arriving in S. Tx

Aransas NWR-Wood Buffalo Flock Nov 11, 2010 ANWR census: 59 adults, 11 juveniles = 70

ANWR

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Maybe they wanted to go somewhere different this year? I'm a firm believer that birds have a language of their own. It's just humans aren't smart enough to understand it.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
It's also funny that around here (northern Ontario, Canada), one doesn't listen to the msm or the weather channels for information on the upcoming winter.

Around here we listen to the elderly native people. They have a much better record of predicting the weather than those that are determined by science.

and they are calling for a very cold winter here...brrrrrrr. i hate it already..

If you know how to study nature, it won't steer you wrong I think...
edit on 11/24/2010 by tribewilder because: to add location

Same here in South-Eastern Quebec, I look at the Geese, the wind directions, the amount of rain and colder days in the summer months....We are in for a cold spell for sure...I see lots of white men chopping would, I tell village chief and village chief say cold winter must be upon us......I make a funny because I'm 50% Aboriginal...I laugh at myself here...LOL

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost374
Maybe they wanted to go somewhere different this year? I'm a firm believer that birds have a language of their own. It's just humans aren't smart enough to understand it.

I second that thought however, animals are usually (I think) creatures of habit.

But birds (and all wild animals) are telepathic I believe.
I'll be watching them, for instance, sitting on a wire. Like 10 of them. And all of a sudden, about 4 of them start flying off the wire as if on cue. Then the others follow. So they're communicating without a doubt.

So who knows. I still think these ducklings are way out of season. In fact, that's where the phrase, off-spring comes from. Wild animals usually give birth in the spring time due to warmer weather. I think. Hell, what do I know?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

We have been to noticing the same thing, geese flying North to Canada, instead of South. I am about 350 miles south of BC. Never saw this before, and I agree, it is strange. I also saw some swans in October, usually they come around mid- November. They were here when it was still very warm out, that was also unusual.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

I thought I was reading a line from F-Troop.

"White man go 'chop chop'.....so winter come early".

You're too funny!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
It's also funny that around here (northern Ontario, Canada), one doesn't listen to the msm or the weather channels for information on the upcoming winter.

Around here we listen to the elderly native people. They have a much better record of predicting the weather than those that are determined by science.

and they are calling for a very cold winter here...brrrrrrr. i hate it already..

If you know how to study nature, it won't steer you wrong I think...
edit on 11/24/2010 by tribewilder because: to add location

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire

Originally posted by xizd1
Could it be from polar shift?
Things aren't where they were and animals are confused?

I was thinking the same thing. Birds have an inherent internal compass that helps them navigate during migration and a pole shift could definitely throw them off. Electromagnetic energy from within the earth, or from the atmosphere can mess up their ability to navigate as well.

yeah, it a magnetic Pole/Spirit shift that's gonna take place I believe. Soon, if the birds are feeling it. North may end up being south if you ask The Compass. I'm not sure what a Magnetic reversal would do to everybody, perhaps a physical shift comes after that? Makes sense right? Flipping the electric energy is like EXfoliating the magnetic charge of the Rocks, causing them to naturally navigate towards their original charges, or crumble in complete Polaric Confuciun.

Doesn't that kinda make since?
I bet a 3rd grader could come up with some elementary science show experiment to prove my point with this. If the Magnetic Poles shift, then The Crust will lift, crumble, and follow the charge it's been living with for the last 200million years (isn't that the time of the last one? I can never remember these things).

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I wonder if the birds migration problem is connected to the missing honey bees? Something is going on.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Ghost374

I second that thought however, animals are usually (I think) creatures of habit.

But birds (and all wild animals) are telepathic I believe.
I'll be watching them, for instance, sitting on a wire. Like 10 of them. And all of a sudden, about 4 of them start flying off the wire as if on cue. Then the others follow. So they're communicating without a doubt.

So who knows. I still think these ducklings are way out of season. In fact, that's where the phrase, off-spring comes from. Wild animals usually give birth in the spring time due to warmer weather. I think. Hell, what do I know?

Ive kept mid and large size parrots my whole life.. they arent telepathic.. theyre freaking neurotic. Too smart forf their own good and I swear they understand everything you say. Anyway, I wonder if wifi or cellular signals effect them as well. Ive noticed weird behaviors in 2 of the birds Ive had for 30 yrs.. an eclectus and an african grey. It could be coincidence,. but I think for our parrots they have a problem with the wireless home network.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The gulf oil spill may be affecting their food sources en route.
Or they might have to fight strong headwinds that slow them down significantly.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
I wonder if the birds migration problem is connected to the missing honey bees? Something is going on.

Add to that from my previous post that we are missing ALL of our bats and butterflies along with the honey bees in my area.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Our bat houses are abandoned. NO bats anywhere for the 2nd year.

No Bats!?
how Bizare, gee, I wonder what The Penguin.s. are saying about all of this...

You know, it would kinda suck if someone managed to get to the Heart of Mother Earth, and rip it out intentionally, so that she can kill all of her children by the forced magnetic/physical pole shift.
edit on 24-11-2010 by leira7 because: here's hopi.ng

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7

Originally posted by Advantage
Our bat houses are abandoned. NO bats anywhere for the 2nd year.

No Bats!?
how Bizare, gee, I wonder what The Penguin.s. are saying about all of this...

You know, it would kinda suck if someone managed to get to the Heart of Mother Earth, and rip it out intentionally, so that she can kill all of her children by the forced magnetic/physical pole shift.
edit on 24-11-2010 by leira7 because: here's hopi.ng

The extension here says that it was a parasite or infection that killed them all off.. but I keep 8 bat houses that were always full.. NO bodies. SO if they were sick and dying, where are the bodies?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Ive noticed here in New England birds that should be gone by now are still here, birds that should be flying south, flying north, the trees kept their leaves way longer then usual, and all over the city, I am seeing spring plants coming into bloom as well as my garden. It is rather bizarre to say the least.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Obviously those birds are conspiratorial liberal birds just trying to manipulate you into thinking global warming exists. See, righ there I have a sworn testimony from 32 climatologists who say that the birds are lying, and this is just a natural migration movement.

sadly, i have to put a

/sarcarsm

because some people would probably believe this.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join