It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baffled bird migration

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
Obviously those birds are conspiratorial liberal birds just trying to manipulate you into thinking global warming exists. See, righ there I have a sworn testimony from 32 climatologists who say that the birds are lying, and this is just a natural migration movement.

sadly, i have to put a

/sarcarsm

because some people would probably believe this.

I heard it all started due to a masonic plot with the bees to ruin our crops... then the liberal birds joined in. They killed off all of the libertarian bats too...

Seriously though, it is really strange. If my grandparents were still around Id call them for some wisdom on it. Sadly they are gone and all I can rely on is our hysterical local weatherman who gets a boner every time anything weather-wise looks severe or tornadic. He has given his opinion on our bird issue and bat issue.. and of course its global warming. He says it with a gleam in his eye because he then folows up with the sky is falling severe horrible deadly storm season thats coming up to to the global warming.. err.. climate change.
He is one creepy dude..

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
A Pacific loon was spotted on a lake here in Finland just a couple of weeks ago. Must admit though, I don't keep up with bird migrations and so forth. I feed them when I see them but otherwise leave them to their own devices, and I'm grateful they do the same for me - umm...leave me to my devices, that is. lol

Link to the blurb.

Stellar reporting, isn't it? Finns are locquacious critters, aren't they?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
He has given his opinion on our bird issue and bat issue.. and of course its global warming. He says it with a gleam in his eye because he then folows up with the sky is falling severe horrible deadly storm season thats coming up to to the global warming.. err.. climate change.
He is one creepy dude..

You are obviously missing my point. I too believe that climate change or global warming is happening, not just from this story. I have noticed since the 90s that winters were getting warmer and birds were staying here up north. Upstate NY has turned into lower Pennsylvania. Do you not believe that the climate is changing?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by Advantage
He has given his opinion on our bird issue and bat issue.. and of course its global warming. He says it with a gleam in his eye because he then folows up with the sky is falling severe horrible deadly storm season thats coming up to to the global warming.. err.. climate change.
He is one creepy dude..

You are obviously missing my point. I too believe that climate change or global warming is happening, not just from this story. I have noticed since the 90s that winters were getting warmer and birds were staying here up north. Upstate NY has turned into lower Pennsylvania. Do you not believe that the climate is changing?

I said nothing to the contrary and it would be foolish to not realize that climate change is happening. I believe that it always has, is cyclic and being tweaked by human contributions. However, not everything that happens with flora, fauna, or weather change is due to the climate change/global warming.. I thoughtit was pretty obvious that I was referring to my hysterical meteorologist who is known around here as "disaster Dave" .He's famous in the midwest and St.Louis areas. I dont believe our bee and bat problem is this phenomenon's fault. At least not totally. Its certainly NOT the only factor in the bird migration issue. Just a little understanding of how birds navigate during migration should bear that out.

Speaking of winters.. I do not believe that winters have consistently been getting colder in the midwest. Even with a small understanding of our weather patterns, even when disrupted as they are right now, do not always mean north means colder, south means hotter. In several instances Southern states have been colder and northern states have been hotter.... over a 10 year trend but its not exactly even.. thats where people ( like me too) get confused. Its in turmoil and not "trending" as it usually does as in not in the same manner, so the data is skewed.Thats why you can use it to support either side of the global warming or not global warming argument. Hence the "climate change" terminology change. We had a horrendous ice storm here 3 years ago that was devastating, but winters since have been incredibly warm compared. We have also had drought and later springs.That makes no sense if youre adhering to the its getting only hotter or its getting only warmer idea.Its in flux.
As I understand it, to look simply at one seasonal event IE winters are colder.. does not take the whole cycle into account and isnt an accurate way to look at the trends. If we look at historical data we're much more likely to experience a cooling rather than a warming. Id read several years ago when the debate first began that ice core studies showed that there was a flux like we have now and then a snap back rubber band effect that plunged the world into an ice age. WIthin these longer cyclic periods there are smaller periods of little "ice ages" which Im sure youre familiar with one of many that was experienced in Europe.
Some say we are "on schedule" for another snap back after this flux.. another little ice age or larger longer ice age. Its all a guess at this point because in previous records the human factor wasnt there as it is now. Sadly, Im pretty old, Ive seen the trends change and flow back and forth.. I dont need scientific data to bear that out any more than anyone else here over 40 does.

ALl of this is hashed rehashed and rehashed again around here and elsewhere.I can be wrong, you can be wrong , all of the data could be wrong or not applicable.. so suffice to say, yeah, its pretty darned obvious that the climate changes and we are in the midst of another change.In my opinion, Its all speculation and howash until after it happens anyway. Not ONE previous warming or cooling has ever been the same over the history that we have been able to record and research. I have to believe a person is a liar if they claim they KNOW what will happen next with this climate change period we are experiencing now.

I hate having to qualify every statement to explain which side of the fence I sit on each time these subjects are brought up. Hopefully my diatribe clears my position up for you

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
i expected this to happen years ago - if indeed the magnetic poles were significantly migrating

out of position, avian migration patterns would be noticeably disrupted.

all of this points to coming geomagnetic disturbance - pole shifts may not be at all dramatic

like the movies - but could b as quik as 2 weeks.

stay tuned.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantele

I know this much, the Geese have not been migrating over my neck of the woods. I live in S.E Washington State and since reading this thread and thinking about it, I'm not sure I recall seeing a single flock of Geese flying overhead.

So one has to ask: "What the flock is happening"?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Weird... I was out driving today in the country in Southern Ontario and noticed tonnes of Canada Geese flying straight up North... and I don't mean a few flocks here and there... there were literally hundreds of Geese, flying in groups, heading straight up North. My friend even joked, "Are you guys confused?! You're going the wrong way!"

Now that I think of it, I have only seen a few random flocks flying South (so far) this year. Almost every flock of Canada Geese I have seen have been flying every other direction but South.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Its like they found with bees...the cell towers mess them right up. the overall magnetic field isn't strong enough to dominate the navigation instinct.
They also found that frogs and salamaders at some distance away pretty much all die from the electromagnetic radiation...

Also GMO severly does the rats in over a couple of generations, so the bugs, and the seeds, are all full of toxic chemicals....
Where I am you can see by the birds absence, when the area should be teeming..something is drastically wrong,
the Cell towers are also killing trees too....
not a good sign.
oh and then there is the human brain and second hand radiation....
BUTT THAT DARN THING OUT!
edit on 24-11-2010 by Danbones because: www.cellphonetaskforce.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Well I wanted to finish reading this thread before I replied, but your comments got me. I live In western Canada and today it was -15C( been in a freeze for over awhile now) and I seen 10 or more robins????? They be long gone by now, I brought this up with my neighbor who is 79 years old from Norway and he agreed this was strange. I also noticed some trees had green leaves after we have had frost??? I watched a documentary regarding the Inuit and they also no longer can read the environment.

Global warming - I dont think so.
Climate change - Absolutely

Just my $.02

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Just wanted to add this post I seen.

Confused African Pelicans End Up in Siberia: Thanks, Global Warming.

www.treehugger.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Very interesting...I have heard that due north is no longer the same anymore.Gradual pole shift throwing off the birds internal navigation system.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Magnetic north pole is moving constantly. I think this causes birds to be confused.

More than 1 north pole.
www.scientificamerican.com...

Earth's Inconstant Magnetic Field.
science.nasa.gov...

In 2009, it was moving toward Russia at almost 40 miles (64 km) per year due to magnetic changes in the Earth's core.
en.wikipedia.org...

So, do you think this will cause birds to be confused?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I believe it is much more than a warming of a few degrees making birds travel in the absolute opposite direction. I understand aquatic spawning disruptions and such, but birds going north for the winter? It has to be something with the magnetism of the earth. Are ley (sp) lines magnetic, and if so are these what birds follow on their migratory paths?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Here's a link to a CBS news article about strange bird migration... supposedly some species of birds are changing their winter destination by 400 miles North? Very strange.

California Ponders Bird Migration Changes

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NeedsNoName

Great article.. things be changing I do believe.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Its like they found with bees...the cell towers mess them right up. the overall magnetic field isn't strong enough to dominate the navigation instinct.
They also found that frogs and salamaders at some distance away pretty much all die from the electromagnetic radiation...

Also GMO severly does the rats in over a couple of generations, so the bugs, and the seeds, are all full of toxic chemicals....
Where I am you can see by the birds absence, when the area should be teeming..something is drastically wrong,
the Cell towers are also killing trees too....
not a good sign.
oh and then there is the human brain and second hand radiation....
BUTT THAT DARN THING OUT!
edit on 24-11-2010 by Danbones because: www.cellphonetaskforce.org...

Hi Dan,

Im not disputing you so dont take my questions as such, but where did you find any proof about the celltowers and bees .....if you did? Admittedly I have not researched recently, but Im extremely interested in any proof and research on this. Im completely convinced it is THE reason or the largest reason and not colony collapse or parasites. I did read about the trees.. its so hard to believe for these conveniences we'd slit our own throats. I told the hubby the moment I saw some credible evidence that either of these things were true, we were ditching our wireless network and cells. He agrees..WHEW! He's obviously a good guy who indulges me and my penchant for tinfoil
I guess we can make a difference one person at a time, eh? ( but boy do I love the cell and wireless!)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA
The birds were displaying bizaare behaviour throughout the springtime as well, singing and screeching all through the night - unusual to say the least.

When you hear birds at night - they are usually bats.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Hey i was just reading a thread about how the jet stream over Europe has changed. Apparently this has not happened before. This is effecting temperatures everywhere, making some places colder than usual, and others warmer. Could these two things possibly be connected? I think that the OP stated this has been the first time that the birds have been acting strangely, so it seems possible. I think the polar shift is an interesting theory as well. Maybe all three of these things are intertwined? Here's the link to the thread I was talking about abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantele
reply to post by xizd1

Sure it is that the magentic poles are the natural compass for animals. It is known that the magnetic poles are being moving litlle by little. Maybe it has moved enough that it is percievable now by the animals.

Whatever it will happen in the next years, I gor prepared since last year with a survival kit and a contingency plan for my family.

Let's keep our eyes and senses aware.

The magnetic poles have zero to do with WHEN birds migrate.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by KatieVA
The birds were displaying bizaare behaviour throughout the springtime as well, singing and screeching all through the night - unusual to say the least.

When you hear birds at night - they are usually bats.

That's not true at all... plenty of birds have been chirping in the evenings...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join