It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding the upcoming Wikileaks release...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This is a purely speculative post just out of interest and curiosity.

Most of you will have heard by now that Wikileaks is about to release what they describe as history redefining information. It may be hype but let's say for this thread that it isn't and it is really mind-blowing info. It is probably the rumoured diplomatic cables and so let's assume for the moment that this is the content of the release.

If the information were to show something really, really immoral/evil/devious etc etc about let's say, the hidden world game plan the USA had for the rest of the world, which only benefited them or a small group to the detriment of other countries and their peoples, which it certainly sounds like judging from the Manning/Lamo logs (assuming he was the source), then how would you feel as an American that your government did this sort of stuff to others or as a non-American who had this type of stuff done to your own country by them.

Will you be thankful that Wikileaks told you the truth about this hidden agenda regardless of the consequences of the information (for we all claim we want to know the truth)?

Do you think Wikileaks will be scapegoated if some sort of social collapse happens (when it may have happened due to current worldwide economic meltdown) anyway) if the information is that devastating?

I'm just curious as to how people will feel if the information about to be released is so important as to finally make people stop and think about what really goes on around them and how it affects both themselves and others.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I think the truth is the most important thing. I mean if people are going to fight and die.. at least let it be for the truth and not for a lie. Yea, I'm a poet.
I really do hope wiki-leaks has something earth shattering... because let's face it.. our world needs to be shattered.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Yes, I will be grateful to Wikileaks. I already am, and in the hypothetical scenario you describe I would be infinitely grateful to Wikileaks.

The truth has to be exposed. It may cause bumps, it may cause chaos, the system may wobble and/or even collapse. All that is good IMO.This insanity has to stop and I'm willing to undergo whatever hardship is necessary to get rid of these criminals.

I hope and pray that Wikileaks info can help this process.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
When lies become policy,

When denial is everything,

When evil is acceptable,

Then truth becomes a radical weapon.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Thank you for your replies. I too would be grateful to Wikileaks to know the truth however bad it is. I feel too many people have become apathetic to what is being done in their name and none of it seems to be benefiting them.

It saddens me when I see comments about the last release saying well we already knew that or its nothing new. What does it take to shock or make these people show disgust at the atrocities being committed nowadays? Have the majority become so soulless? If so, that is sad and scary because then those committing these horrors will literally be able to get away with anything in the future!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Just now heard MSNBC mention that the Pentagon is concerned about a new dump of info from wikileaks. Said it has internal foreign affair memos, including from Obama to heads of state.
Just thought I'd share.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Yes, the thinking is that it is the alleged diplomatic cables. It sounds like this isn't just a simple case of what people think about others in private but very serious stuff which affects a lot of countries and more than likely not for their benefit.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

They are warning other countries already. Probably apologising in advance to some.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
www.jpost.com...

some of the alleged content.

The Wikileaks is planning to release files that show Turkey has helped Al-Qaida in Iraq, according to London-based daily Al-Hayat. The newspaper also reported that the US helped the PKK, a Kurdish rebel organization.

One of the documents, a US military report, reportedly charges Turkey with failing to control its borders, because Iraqi citizens residing in Turkey provided al-Qaida with supplies to build bombs, guns and ammunition.

Other documents show that the US has supported the PKK, which has been waging a separatist war against Turkey since 1984 and has been classified by the State Department as a terrorist organization since 1979. The US military documents call the PKK "warriors for freedom and Turkish citizens," and say that the US set free arrested PKK members in Iraq. The documents also point out that US forces in Iraq have given weapons to the PKK and ignored the organization's operations inside Turkey.

Officials said the documents may contain everything from accounts of compromising conversations with political dissidents and friendly politicians to disclosures of activities that could result in the expulsion of U.S. diplomats from foreign postings

new topics

top topics

join