It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greeting from a student

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Hello everyone here at ATS. I've been looking over this site for a little while now, mainly staying in the short story section. I am a high school student going into year 12 and i really enjoy english. Probably the best thing i enjoy about it is all the thinking that is needed to write pieces that really convey what you want them to. At first i guess that I will continue to read the short stories commenting on some. Hopefully i will even have the courage to put up some pieces that i have written aswell. I'm always looking for advice on how to improve my writing, and look forward to commenting on others work and hopefully getting some good feedback on my own aswell.

Cheers, Ahala

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahala

college! take college classes on English and creative writing. I know a lot of this stuff sounds cool and is far out there for some and your young so your naturally attracted to anything anti government. But what you will find here is some people who really know a lot about world events and any topic they happen to post on not your normal tv media i believe in what ever the news tells me type. You need to arm your self with logic because in this day and age that is the only thing they cant take away. Good luck

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahala

Welcome aboard and enjoy the time you spend here. Maybe you can help us with our grammar and punctuations ... you'll see what I mean when you've been here a while

See you on the boards. Woody

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahala

Hi Ahala, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Backgrounds

Signature Guidelines

ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Warm greetings from a fellow student! Though I'll be finishing off university.

I feel the same way about English as you. While I'm not a native speaker, I think of myself as bi-lingual and enjoy writing creative pieces as well. While I've not really written much these last two years, I'm trying to break out and start again.

Id be more than happy to give you opinions on your work before you share it with the rest of the world, if you like. It would no doubt get my own creativity going again!

In any case, welcome and enjoy your stay!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
i also am a student, but still in college. glad to hear from you, and ilook forward to looking at some posts of yours.welcome,and see you on the boards!!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, really looking forward to getting involved.
Special thanks for the begginer links

top topics

join