It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

News Crew Arrested for Reporting Pentagon's Dirty Laundry

page: 2
18
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The majority of the media outlets are in the tank of the government, anyway. The principle of what is happening is disgusting.

They should shut down MSNBC, FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC, ad nauseum.




posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
Does this make it worse than the cold, hard steel hancuffs?


Yeah it does because the 'plastic' handcuffs are nylon wire ties. If too tight they will easily cut into the skin, unlike comfy old school hand cuffs.

RT Hmmm I think they also interviewed Colleen Thomas on those Chinese missiles launched of the coast of LA last week



posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
This silly twit ignored the orders of the police repeatedly and then acted suprised and upset that she was being arrested. Even an actual "member of the press" would have the guts to take it in stride and get the story.


'Silly twits'
on both sides




posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
The majority of the media outlets are in the tank of the government, anyway. The principle of what is happening is disgusting.

They should shut down MSNBC, FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC, ad nauseum.


I am in 100% agreement with you.

Every MSM news outlet has been breached by one of the alphabet agencies, but if we start detaining people who make us angry, then we have no right to speak.



posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus23
I am in 100% agreement with you.

Every MSM news outlet has been breached by one of the alphabet agencies, but if we start detaining people who make us angry, then we have no right to speak.


They certainly did not take away her right to speak here, the videos themselves are proof of that.
If they were taking away the right to speak, the videos would have been confiscated.
She is certainly free to speak, and to report on the protest and the detention, but what she isnt free to do is to repeatedly disregard the request to back up....5 times I believe on the video.



posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus23
reply to post by badgerprints
 

Protesters are detained quite often actually at "the school", but I can't see any reason to detain anyone with press credentials (yes AJ is full of it as well, but press credentials in the US used to actually mean something. It didn't matter what slant the reporter took. Freedom of the press means just that).

I agree with questioning RT, but I cannot in any way agree with any type of detaining of the media.
They are supposed to be the fourth estate that keeps our government in check.


You said it right on point.
That's what some people dont get.
I never said, mentioned or hinted that RT was the best in the business.
When I posted the videos/news clip is that 'Good or Bad' we have freedom to do that.
In this country. That's what this country is all about. The last 8 years freedom is being taken away and censor ship being put in place.

With the internet laws(Censorship) being put in place, it's will be tough to share news/info and communicate instantaneously. When reporters start getting detained and they are no threat to anybody. You know somethings coming in the horizon.
Stock up on Ammo.
edit on 23-11-2010 by magestyk7 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestyk7

News Crew Arrested for Reporting Pentagon's Dirty Laundry


rt.com

An RT crew was recently arrested by US police while filming protests near the Fort Benning military base in the US state of Georgia. Correspondent Kaelyn Forde’s and her cameraman Jon Conway were detained while covering a rally protesting the School of the Americas. Correspondent Kaelyn Forde’s and her cameraman Jon Conway were detained while covering a rally protesting the School of the Americas....
(visit the link for the full news article)



They are called Zip Cuffs, and are used when a lot of people are either being detained or arrested, because carryong around hundres of pairs of metal handcuffs are a bit cumbersome and not practical.

They were not arrested for covering the event, they were arrested for breaking the law in terms of where they parked their vehicle, and refusing the lawful commands of Law Enforcement.

A Free Press is allowed to cover just about anything they want in this country, but they do not hvae a right to break the law. If a Public right of way is being blocked, as in this case, and people refuse to move to other areas, then they are breaking the law and are arrested, and the arrests are not for the protesting.

I have warned media before on calls / accidents I have taken, because they seem to to think can park and walk anywhere they want, as if they are part of the emergency crews, who under statute gain their authority to diregard traffic laws in the course of their duties.

I always find it funny when news media reports their own arrests, and the manner its portrayted is even funnier because they always make themselves out to be the wronged party, and always invoke the bill of rights

They need to go back and read it, then read the statutes in the jurisdicition they are in and make common sense choices.

A free PRess does not guarantee immunity from proeecution when you break the law. Any credible news outlet would cover these events in an intelligent manner to get the story. They would not make themselves part of the story.



posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555
 


In my country,(Canada)police instigators circulated through the crowds at two recent demonstrations in civilian clothes.
They burnt a police car, and trashed windows and other things.
The facts comming out later showd them to be undercoover cops sent in to agitate the crowd so the other cops could react with violence and intimidation, as well as arrests.
What part of charade dont you understand?
Its all one big charade now......the cops the troops, the wars, the problems.....
Truth be known we are stage managed from cradle to grave.
Taught to feel guilt, and be maleable,a team player,responsible....
Meanwhile the people who call the shots are spending our future on their whims....making decisions that everyone should be making for themselves.
And demanding we be bow down to their idols.
Whether you see it or not, the police state is nearly upon us...all it will take is the trigger....



posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling
 


Please provide a link to your claim about the plain clothes officers and their actions.



posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra
 


Very much on point here.

Too many people do not know the backstory to this. They were not arrested for exercising their right to report on the event, but for violating the law.

It is real easy to read this headline and think the worst, but the worst is what this is not an example of.
Is it easy to research the backstory here? Certainly is, its just easier not to.

I smelled sensationalism from the start on this case, and it is turning out to be just that. Sensationalist journalism, but even worse still....sensationalism among our fellow and esteemed members on ATS.



posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
freedom my ass,
its all a lie,
enforce your own rights, bear arms,

freedom isnt handed too you, its inalienable so long as you can protect and retain it,
goodbye free america, thanks alot all you who thought the ballot box could solve problems!
edit on 11/23/10 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye
freedom my ass,
its all a lie,
enforce your own rights, bear arms,

freedom isnt handed too you, its inalienable so long as you can protect and retain it,
goodbye free america, thanks alot all you who thought the ballot box could solve problems!
edit on 11/23/10 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)


Well, one thing you must understand is that "TPTB" are prodigies of keeping power through all changes. They stay out of the spotlight, able to move quietly where the wind blows, able to adapt to the new environment and use their accumulated wealth to leverage any man who succumbs to the intoxications of money, sex, and power. And that is just about every man. Regardless of what people think, truly principled men are few and far between.

So what we have to do is act rowdy enough to keep them scared. Truly breaking them would be nearly impossible, as they are like a tumor that has intertwined itself within the host to such a degree that removal means death for the host, as well (mom has one on her kidney that is kept in check for the time being...makes her lymphoma incurable, but highly treatable).

In the same way, we cannot excise the cancer (at least not now). But we can attempt to control it to some degree, keep it in check. This TSA thing, to me, is a test of American stones. I think we have them, but many think we do not.

I CAN say that the more infringements that happen that are accepted apathetically only drive me to be more active and more vocal. Like The Laughing Man says, DO SOMETHING.

This is my line in the sand. If it stands, I will thereafter work against America until such point that liberty is restored, and tyranny is driven from the land. No, not shooting or killing. But working in every other possible way to undermine the current government.
edit on 23-11-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555
 


Uh, wrong. Very wrong.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
One positive thing about a story like this, it makes the shills SO identifiable.

On a more uplifting note, would it be too much to ask for some "good ole boy" with a pair in his pants to double-tap that uniformed bulldyke in the forehead? PLEASE??!!



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23
 


Yes I live also one hour away from Fort Benning and I do shopping in the PX once a month, I remember when it was open to traffic from any of the main highway entrances, now is becoming so restrictive is not funny.

Have you seen the new multi billion dollar construction almost finish is a lot of speculation of what is all about, my husband say it has to do with warehouses but darn it look like a mammoth project.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
I'm not one to support police violence or even the arrest of tresspassers at a demonstration or protest.

Buuutttt.....

This silly twit ignored the orders of the police repeatedly and then acted suprised and upset that she was being arrested. Even an actual "member of the press" would have the guts to take it in stride and get the story.

I'm also pretty amused by the game with the cuffs. She was pretty calm until the officer tried to help her by removing the cuffs and then came the waterworks.

I call shenannigans on this one.



You're weak... Haven't had the luxury of being hog-tied yet? The officer appears to be saying he might end up cutting her. In order to remove these things, they were being pulled tighter to make room for some slack.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by magestyk7

News Crew Arrested for Reporting Pentagon's Dirty Laundry


rt.com

An RT crew was recently arrested by US police while filming protests near the Fort Benning military base in the US state of Georgia. Correspondent Kaelyn Forde’s and her cameraman Jon Conway were detained while covering a rally protesting the School of the Americas. Correspondent Kaelyn Forde’s and her cameraman Jon Conway were detained while covering a rally protesting the School of the Americas....
(visit the link for the full news article)



They are called Zip Cuffs, and are used when a lot of people are either being detained or arrested, because carryong around hundres of pairs of metal handcuffs are a bit cumbersome and not practical.

They were not arrested for covering the event, they were arrested for breaking the law in terms of where they parked their vehicle, and refusing the lawful commands of Law Enforcement.

A Free Press is allowed to cover just about anything they want in this country, but they do not hvae a right to break the law. If a Public right of way is being blocked, as in this case, and people refuse to move to other areas, then they are breaking the law and are arrested, and the arrests are not for the protesting.

I have warned media before on calls / accidents I have taken, because they seem to to think can park and walk anywhere they want, as if they are part of the emergency crews, who under statute gain their authority to diregard traffic laws in the course of their duties.

I always find it funny when news media reports their own arrests, and the manner its portrayted is even funnier because they always make themselves out to be the wronged party, and always invoke the bill of rights

They need to go back and read it, then read the statutes in the jurisdicition they are in and make common sense choices.

A free PRess does not guarantee immunity from proeecution when you break the law. Any credible news outlet would cover these events in an intelligent manner to get the story. They would not make themselves part of the story.


What is the back story again? Is it something you're claiming they illegally parked? Just wondering... To keep protests in context they should generally happen in public. Unfortunately, protests in public and free speech are being cornered into fenced areas with price tags attached via licensing. Perhaps you should give a second thought to spending your hard earned wages every time you open your mouth. From the looks of it, you'd have very little left over to buy essentials for the family.
edit on 24-11-2010 by Americanist because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by magestyk7
 


The role of the reporter and journalism in general, is to be the Vicarious Villager.
Meaning to be the eyes and ears of the people. Meaning seeing every court case, murder, and whatever non sense they deem news worthy.
I'm not 100% sure about the states, but here in Canada, we are supposedly blessed with the right to a free press.
But every time I see something like this, that whole Vicarious Villager idea, goes right down the toilet.
You know, its funny, because everyday we sources down like msnbc, CNN, AP and never question, even though we know half of what they tell us, is double speak and usually one side of the story.
Just my whole bid on the reporter thing.

Just remember, one day, we'll be glad that we have any reporters if anything.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by magestyk7
 


RT is a Russian Propaganda Site passing itself off as a real news site is it not
I don't think they have valid Press Credentials any more than Jones has. Same old story I bet. Do something off camera to get arrested on camera and then lie about it. Same old, same old.

Press Credentials


Oh, and Flag for the chuckle.


it was obvious that something happened before they started rolling film. That she was not being detained for covering a story but for doing something that she was "sorry" for. Seems she did not follow the police officer's order to leave.

She could have easily filmed her story outside of the area she was in, but she didn't instead she resisted and got arrested for it.

Freedom of the press extends to the liberty to tell the story, not the liberty to flaunt the law.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
OP, one of my friends was there and was arrested too. She's the girl who appears handcuffed and about to be loaded onto the bus around 1:29 in the first clip you showed of the RT correspondent's arrest.

(I hope that made sense)

Anyway I recently went back to using my facebook page and I saw this clip she posted of her there of when she herself was arrested. She put this clip on youtube.


It's on her facebook page too, as I mentioned. I can't believe it's the same girl. She's been posting things about going to protest this school and I've been "liking it" as one does on facebook. This is surreal , man. That school is an atrocity.



new topics

top topics



 
18
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join