It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Crew Arrested for Reporting Pentagon's Dirty Laundry

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

News Crew Arrested for Reporting Pentagon's Dirty Laundry

rt.com

An RT crew was recently arrested by US police while filming protests near the Fort Benning military base in the US state of Georgia. Correspondent Kaelyn Forde’s and her cameraman Jon Conway were detained while covering a rally protesting the School of the Americas. Correspondent Kaelyn Forde’s and her cameraman Jon Conway were detained while covering a rally protesting the School of the Americas....
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Everyone has their views and opinions. Some people here on ATS regard RT.com as a bad source for news. It's too conspiracy or whatnot. Good or Bad everyone in the U.S. has the freedom of speech, press and gathering. When things like this is more frequently taking place. It's a clear sign that we are a Police State.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 23-11-2010 by magestyk7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Soon the Camels back will break. We are not a free country anymore. Did you here that they prefer you not to wear baggy clothing or long dresses to fly,seen this on FOX tv . A recent dream and the news like this tells me that Martial Law is on the way.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by magestyk7

RT is a Russian Propaganda Site passing itself off as a real news site is it not
I don't think they have valid Press Credentials any more than Jones has. Same old story I bet. Do something off camera to get arrested on camera and then lie about it. Same old, same old.

Press Credentials

Oh, and Flag for the chuckle.

edit on 11/23/2010 by Blaine91555 because: Shhh, we don't talk about those things.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

RT is a Russian Propaganda Site passing itself off as a real news site is it not
I don't think they have valid Press Credentials any more than Jones has. Same old story I bet. Do something off camera to get arrested on camera and then lie about it. Same old, same old.

Press Credentials

Oh, and Flag for the chuckle.

edit on 11/23/2010 by Blaine91555 because: Shhh, we don't talk about those things.

Again... someone who thinks that human beings need titles in order to report on issues. Wake up man, we are all human, we all have ears and lungs. Doesn't matter what your job title is, news is news, and it doesn't matter who or what covers it as long as its reported and the good old folks use their intuition to justify it as truth or false, of course with some of their own research.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

The arrests were rough and included the use of hard plastic hand cuffs, the same type commonly used by US soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan, injuring Kaelyn Forde’s wrists.

Does this make it worse than the cold, hard steel hancuffs?

Notice the tie in to the soldiers...regarding the detention of 'reporters'

Smells like sensationalism to me.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Wow that girl is a REALLY bad actress.

I think she got arrested on purpose so they can film it and make a big deal about it.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

Wow that girl is a REALLY bad actress.

I think she got arrested on purpose so they can film it and make a big deal about it.

I doubt anyone would like to be put into cuffs and taken to an unknown place. As i have said before...
Imagine you in her shoes and explore the possible scenario. Sometimes people might do things
to prove a point but since we were not there... yep.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Believe it or not stuff like this taking place will have consequences on ALL of us civilians.
Dont concentrate if she was a bad actress or if they were plastic handcuffs.

The main point is they were Detained.

Like I said, it dont matter if it's KKK, Black Panthers, Abortion Right, Liers, Cheats or Jesus.
The constitution was made to protect all of US. Dont be surprised if 1 year from now you see family members being dragged away in front of your eyes for unjust cause.

Those who give up freedom for the temporary comfort of security, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

edit on 23-11-2010 by magestyk7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Double post.

Still.......shennanigans.
edit on 23-11-2010 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I'm not one to support police violence or even the arrest of tresspassers at a demonstration or protest.

Buuutttt.....

This silly twit ignored the orders of the police repeatedly and then acted suprised and upset that she was being arrested. Even an actual "member of the press" would have the guts to take it in stride and get the story.

I'm also pretty amused by the game with the cuffs. She was pretty calm until the officer tried to help her by removing the cuffs and then came the waterworks.

I call shenannigans on this one.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
I'm also pretty amused by the game with the cuffs. She was pretty calm until the officer tried to help her by removing the cuffs and the came the waterworks.

I call shenannigans on this one.

I agree...

'Hey look everyone, I'm being arrested by the big bad police! Good for me.....
wait your taking off my cuffs?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

I really don't care what words you string together... I know what I see in that video.

That lady is a bad actress. I can hear it in her voice when she is arrested. It sounds like she is forcing her self to sound frightened and shocked. And when she starts talking into the camera while she is being arrested, it sounds staged. When the camera man continues to film freely, and she is being walked towards the bus, she yells "grab the bag" twice which was way over the top dramatic.

She knows why she is being detained, yet she asks multiple times. The camera starts filming right when she decides to try to sneak past the security because she knew she was going to get crap from the police and they wanted to film it.

This video stinks of being staged, and is definitely bad acting. I trust my bad acting senses more than a website with an agenda.
edit on 23-11-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I am from the state of GA and I can tell you that Ft. Benning is no joke.
The "school of the Americas" has been the target of protests since its inception, but what truly amazes me is how little the people of this great state know about this "school" (of torturers and tyrants actually).

It all changed after 911.

When I was a kid we used to ride through the fort when we would go see family in Alabama.

My Dad would tell me stories about being in the mountain infantry.
(He fought in the Korean Conflict)

It was the quickest way to get to Abbeville, AL.

But now it is closed to through traffic. Sometimes we can get through if I am with my mom (she works for the US Army Corps of Engineers), but the security are ummmmm.....

Not very nice to put it mildly.

I am hardly surprised to see RT reporters detained. I completely disagree with detaining them, but I am not surprised.

Who woulda thought....
Russians detained for freedom of the press in Amerika.

Welcome to Hell.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

Never said that. You put words in my mouth. I just wonder what they did off camera that they are not showing? RT is a known bad source and so is Jones. Not to mention they quoted "Code Pink".
...and an America Hating propaganda site at that.

If you live in the US, you know it's not a Police State. That nonsense is for those who don't live here and don't know any better. Most cities you can pay under $25 for a permit and protest all you want as long as you clean up after and don't do any damage or engage in any violence. That is the real truth. All they want is the name of the responsible Party(s) to know who to go to if any damage is done or crimes committed. Lot's of haters love to lie about that and we see the lies here all of the time. Did you see the mess the last Rally at the Lincoln Memorial Left behind? They left garbage and waste all over the place.

Every time one of these pops up we find out they are lying and did something off camera that caused the arrest.

Please don't put words in my mouth or thoughts in my head. I do enough stupid stuff without the help.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

The school of the Americas is basically a rebel force training center. I was at benning in 85.
It IS DEFINITELY a dirty pool-alphabet agency operation.

I don't think anyone in the forum thinks otherwise.

Buuttt....

These two particular clips were rather pathetic attempts for drama on the part of that particular "member of the press."

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

What does matter:

If they are to stupid to get a permit.

If they damage property.

If they engage in rioting and violence.

If they don't clean up after.

Those things matter and it demonstrates whether they are just thugs or are serious.

I support protesting 100% and participated as an anti-Vietnam War Protester, so I saw the phonies and the liars back then. The serious protesters hated them more than the authorities did because they are just violent jerks who get their rocks off breaking windows and acting like the cheap thugs they are.

I'll wait for the rest of this story and would like to see why they were really arrested. Not their story.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Exactly

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I agree with RT being quite the disinformation source.

But if the event was staged, then I hardly see the benefit that the US Army would receive from detaining the reporters.

Protesters are detained quite often actually at "the school", but I can't see any reason to detain anyone with press credentials (yes AJ is full of it as well, but press credentials in the US used to actually mean something. It didn't matter what slant the reporter took. Freedom of the press means just that).

I agree with questioning RT, but I cannot in any way agree with any type of detaining of the media.
They are supposed to be the fourth estate that keeps our government in check.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven.
Like I said.

Welcome to Hell.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The majority of the media outlets are in the tank of the government, anyway. The principle of what is happening is disgusting.

They should shut down MSNBC, FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC, ad nauseum.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join