Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Noam Chomsky - "10 strategies of manipulation" by the media.

page: 1
9

log in

join

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Based on the work of American linguist Noam Chomsky, here is a list of "10 strategies of manipulation" by the media:
1 - A STRATEGY OF DISTRACTION.

The key element of social control is the strategy of distraction that is to divert public attention from important issues and changes decided by political and economic elites, through the technique of flood or flooding continuous distractions and insignificant information. The strategy of distraction is also essential to keep the public interested in the essential knowledge in science, economics, psychology, neurobiology, and cybernetics. "Keep the public's attention distracted away from the real social problems, captivated by issues of no importance. Keep the public busy, busy, busy, no time to think, back to the farm and other animals (citing text 'silent weapons for quiet wars). "

2 - CREATE PROBLEMS AFTER OFFERING SOLUTIONS.

This method is also called "problem-reaction-solution." This creates a problem, a "situation" due to cause some reaction in public, so that it is the principal measures that want to accept. For example: let develops or intensifies the urban violence, or arrange for bloody attacks, so that the public is the principal of safety laws and policies to the detriment of freedom. Or also: create an economic crisis to accept as a necessary evil recession of social rights and the dismantling of public services.

3 - STRATEGY gradation.

To make it accept an unacceptable extent, simply apply it gradually, a dropper, for consecutive years. This is how radically new socioeconomic conditions (neoliberalism) were imposed during the 1980s and 1990s: the minimal state, privatization, precariousness, flexibility, mass unemployment, which is insufficient to pay decent tickets, so many changes that caused a revolution would be had been implemented at once.

4 - THE STRATEGY OF DEFER.

Another way to make an unpopular decision to accept is to present it as "painful and necessary" in obtaining public acceptance for the moment for a future application. It is easier to accept that a future sacrifice of an immediate sacrifice. First, because the effort is not used immediately. Then, because the public, the mass, always has the tendency to expect naively that "everything will improve tomorrow," and that the sacrifice required may be avoided. This gives the public more time to get used to the idea of change and accept it with resignation when the time comes.

5 - ADDRESSING THE PUBLIC AS younger children.

Most of the advertising directed at the general public uses discourse, arguments, characters, and particularly children's intonation, often close to the weakness, as if the viewer were a very young child or a mentally impaired. The more you get bringing mislead the viewer, the more it tends to adopt an infantile tone. Why? "If you address a person as if she had the age of 12 years or less, then, due to suggestibility, it will tend, with some probability, a response or reaction also lacks a critical sense as of a person 12 years or younger (see "Silent Weapons for quiet Wars"). "

6 - USING THE EMOTIONAL ASPECT MUCH MORE THAN A REFLECTION.

Make use of the emotional aspect is a classic technique to cause a short circuit on rational analysis, and finally to the critical sense of individuals. Moreover, the use of emotional register allows you to open the door to the unconscious to deploy graft or ideas, desires, fears and fears, compulsions, or induce behaviors ...

7 - Keep the public in ignorance and mediocrity.

Making the public is incapable of understanding the technologies and methods for their control and their bondage. "The quality of education given the lower social classes should be as poor and mediocre as possible so that the gap of ignorance that lies between the lower classes to upper social classes is and remains impossible to reach the lower classes (see 'Arms silent for quiet wars). "

8 - stimulates the public to be complacent mediocrity.

Promoting the public to think that fashion is the fact of being stupid, vulgar and uneducated ...

9 - STRENGTHENING THE REVOLT BY self-blame.

Make the individual believe that he alone is to blame for their own misfortune, because of the failure of their intelligence, their abilities, or their efforts. Thus, instead of rebelling against the economic system, the individual themselves helpless and blame themselves, which leads to a depressive state which one of its effects is to inhibit its action. And without action, there's revolution!

10 - THE BEST GUYS KNOW WHAT THEY KNOW IF SAME.

In the course of the last 50 years, advances in science have led to accelerated growing knowledge gap between the public and those owned and used by the ruling elites. Thanks to biology, neurobiology and psychology applied, the "system" has enjoyed an advanced knowledge of the human being, either physically or psychologically. The system has been able to better understand the average person than he knows himself. This means that in most cases, the system has more control and great power over individuals than the individuals themselves.

So, are you watching TV yet?


Here some Bill Hicks, How they sleep at nigth?

edit on 23-11-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)




posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
wow
thats just like being a christian
forgive me father for I have original sinned...give us a child till he is seven etc
these techniques are tried and true and they still work so they still use em...
FANS for content
edit on 23-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones
 


Well, at least, if you are not, here is the manual



posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones
 


This is for you. Have fun





posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones
 


One more. Have fun


edit on 23-11-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
The system has been able to better understand the average person than he knows himself. This means that in most cases, the system has more control and great power over individuals than the individuals themselves.


No they really are not that good. They have been using electronic mind control to monitor me non stop for 18.5 years, since i was at school. The point i am making, is they are wrong about everything i do or want or anything.

These peopel are not as good as you think.

But one thing they have done is make everyone hate each other, so we are all seperated into all these rubbish groups. Thats the main thing they have done, over anything.

Even with all these advanced techs, they still do not understand thought or how they work, or what any word in teh brain means. So they do not really know.

But alot of the time they seem to most that they know, thats how they sell so much to you guys.



posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

But one thing they have done is make everyone hate each other, so we are all seperated into all these rubbish groups. Thats the main thing they have done, over anything.


you got that right Andy
they are micro waving commercials into peoples brains
wicked tools....
problem reaction solution is the key program IMHO



posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033
 


Well, i understand your point. Its still dificult even wonder that this type of things can be real. But if you read psycology studies in the last 60 years, you know that the models for this already exist. If they are applied in people i cant know for sure. I just wonder if they are capable. Are they?



posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO
 


Trust me, i have lived with what they can and cannot do. There is no such thing as them taking your thoughts and telling you what you will do, only you know. I have had 18 years of this minority report tech rubbsih.

But they can do one thing, thats to go through all your memories, and see if you did something as fact. I found out they could do this in 1992 at school.

So they got one very good thing they have that they can do, and thats to take all your memories,a nd that works ok, but they cannot tell you what from your perspective from your memories what those memories or moments meant to you, if you get me.

When you hear about minority report techs and them saying they can tell if you will do something, the answer is a factual no, as i have had to live with this for 18 years now and they have no idea of how to interpret what you want.

If you ever hear them say in future, liek in a court case they can brain scan you and tell if a person will do something, no they cannot. You peopel can remember that as my life has been a test for this rubbish in effect, they have absolutely wrecked my life, with trying to second guess my thoughts. My life has proven they cannot take thoughts from your braina nd interpret them, and that is a fact.

So they are not as good as what they think, but in terms of doing general mob mentaility they are good at getting people to hate each other. Thats what they are best at. American media seems to have alot of game theory based in it.



posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by RUSSO
 


Trust me, i have lived with what they can and cannot do. There is no such thing as them taking your thoughts and telling you what you will do, only you know. I have had 18 years of this minority report tech rubbsih.

But they can do one thing, thats to go through all your memories, and see if you did something as fact. I found out they could do this in 1992 at school.

So they got one very good thing they have that they can do, and thats to take all your memories,a nd that works ok, but they cannot tell you what from your perspective from your memories what those memories or moments meant to you, if you get me.

When you hear about minority report techs and them saying they can tell if you will do something, the answer is a factual no, as i have had to live with this for 18 years now and they have no idea of how to interpret what you want.

If you ever hear them say in future, liek in a court case they can brain scan you and tell if a person will do something, no they cannot. You peopel can remember that as my life has been a test for this rubbish in effect, they have absolutely wrecked my life, with trying to second guess my thoughts. My life has proven they cannot take thoughts from your braina nd interpret them, and that is a fact.

So they are not as good as what they think, but in terms of doing general mob mentaility they are good at getting people to hate each other. Thats what they are best at. American media seems to have alot of game theory based in it.


I never thought that they can take your thoughts and tell you what you will do. But i feel sorry that they did this kind of stuffs to you. How do you let they do this to you?
edit on 23-11-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones
 




they are micro waving commercials into peoples brains


TV=Theater Vampire

The curse of our times.



posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

. They have been using electronic mind control to monitor me non stop for 18.5 years, since i was at school. The point i am making, is they are wrong about everything i do or want or anything.





Andy ....... what is the basis for these claims ? Why do you believe you are being monitored via electronic mind control ?

If you have already made a thread about this perhaps you could link to it .



posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus
 


Yehh, odd stuff.

I would like some info too.



posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO
 


I have one more.

Use "Ockham's razor" as a valid argument in any intellectual digression or use this to deviating from its main design or subject.

I see this everywere.









 
9

log in

join