It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Above Top Severs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
You can't navigate through the pages, yet, your a programmer, and can do a better job?

AND your not a n00b?

But dunno who SO is?

thx for todays ragelulz.

ps: I had nets before you too haha, so give me a cookie!
edit on 22-11-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by skywatch

I have read all of the posts and I am still trying to
figure out just what "above top severs" means. What
kind of language do some of you people speak and what
planet are you from?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
whilst i do agree that skeptics are an integral part of Ats and conspiracy theories in general some people here do tend to debunk just for the sake of debunking and will not listen to anything said to them...

but oh well...thats life my friend

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Hey Skeptic,.
just an FYI,.
if planet X shows it face in the next couple of months I am throwing a party at your location,.
I will buy the beer,. Cool?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

thank you for the insult

so please can you tell me and the other goofs how to get to page 84 of a 153 page thread without having to browse??

i just cant seem to find the shortcut

and i guess i dont have to be a programmer to do that do i

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer

I have read all of the posts and I am still trying to
figure out just what "above top severs" means. What
kind of language do some of you people speak and what
planet are you from?

its short for a RAT.. whats above a top sever.. its a rat

so im trying to point out that this site needs to get the truth out and do it properly

again where is the FACT threads, whats been proven

has anything at all been proven here?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

sure little buddy, now I will explain this slowly as not to confuse you, up at the top of your browser there is this lil box where you type in the URL-Uniform Resource Locator, now there is some text in there.

read past the abovetopsecret.com then there is/forum/ then you get to /thread/ on the thread part there is numbers that relate to the thread, still with me lil buddy?

now there is /pg1, pg is short for page, now where the number one is, relates to what page it is, now you can enter whichever number you like, ya know like 84....

All without using any l33t programs skills.

Now that wasn't so hard now was it?

I guess during your programming experience you never had to use any problem solving skills?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

well you learn something new everyday..!!

Thankyou to pointing that out to a lame duck when it comes to computers

i guess this thread was useful after all

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

sure little buddy, now I will explain this slowly as not to confuse you, up at the top of your browser there is this lil box where you type in the URL, now there is some text in there.

read past the abovetopsecret.com then there is/forum/ then you get to /thread/ on the thread part there is numbers that relate to the thread, still with me lil buddy?

now there is /pg1, where the number one is, relates to what page it is, now you can enter whichever number you like.

All without using any l33t programs skills.

Now that wasn't so hard now was it?

well its certainly not very user freindly..

or you might say that it is... then you know nothing about internet users

its a doit yourself hack approach, why is that?

do you think its user freindly?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Ok, let's see. Severs and rats. I get it now.
No problemo.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

I share your befuddled mood

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The nature of a conspiracy theory is that they are...well...theorys. I mean to label some JFK assassination thread 'FACT' is not a responsible position. The research in a thread may contain many facts but not all people will put them together in the same way....it's the nature of the beast.

Speaking for myself we (staff) should avoid pushing our position on the membership. They have the right to make up their own mind after considering the evidence presented.

Hoaxes are different and are not labeled as such until we are absolutely certain.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

It was probably done on purpose to entice you into making this thread.

ps: I'm not user friendly

pps: if you call that a hack, then you have no idea what you're talking about, but please, do continue with your ragefit.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel

well you learn something new everyday..!!

Thankyou to pointing that out to a lame duck when it comes to computers

i guess this thread was useful after all

You are the lame duck

if you call other people that.. for no evidence at all.. then yes this thread sure has a purpose

if not then to show how lame a reply can get

but critism is not allowed at ATS that i can surely understand, this is a controlled site

and nothing been proven, as of 2010

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

The poster was calling him/herself a lame duck.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Seeing as English is obviously not your first or second langauage, I will try to post in a simplified manner for you as to not misconstrue the meaning and intent of this post.

Every single thing you bring up and accuse can be said about people of the opposit ilk.

Just remember, when you point your finger, your got three pointing right back at you.

Also, in regards to your comment that UFO skeptics should burn in hell, don't you think thats a little harsh? Unless people such as Stalin, Pol Pot, Hitler, etc are the types you look up, which after reading the content of your post, it becomes incredibly obvious that you don't like ideologies and people with ideologies that differ from your own.

i could make this a lot better

Why don;t you take it one step further, and MAKE your OWN site.

Please dont let the door hit you on the way out

edit on 22-11-2010 by ZombieJesus because: fat fingers

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by skywatch
so ATS mods, ATS manegement, where are youre kills.. where are the things thats been PROVED

where is the FACT label

how come you only have a HOAX

If it's not a HOAX, it's possibly true. It's like innocent until proven guilty. Possible until proven impossible.

As a skeptic and critical thinker, I do take a tiny bit of offense at your suggestion that people who don't believe every theory that comes along, are here because of some fashion to be a debunker. That's pretty narrow.

i hope for every real UFO photo someone discredits, for whatever reason they do, that they will burn in hell

Jesus, man, it's just an Internet website. Chill out.

i think god will do exatly that to these people, if God exist
i dont belive in heaven and hell

Hey, wait, are you trying to debunk heaven and hell now?

See, it's just a matter of opinion. YOU believe in some things that other people don't believe in. And you don't believe in some things that other people believe in. Put that together with free speech and a forum in which to congregate, and you're going to have people who disagree and debunk what others are saying. You're going to have ATS.

i just think that people who dont belive in conspiracies should join facebook or some forum dedicated to debunking.. but then again it would'nt be fun if there are no real witness, no belivers,

And it wouldn't be a lot of fun if everyone believed in all conspiracies, either. If there were no debunkers or skeptics. It would be boring as hell (even though you don't believe in it).

ok so you are not interested in any new ideas for your site, well perfect i will keep them all to myself then

You know, there's a thread asking for ideas from members.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You are the lame duck

if you call other people that.. for no evidence at all..

Uh... he was calling himself a lame duck, not you.

skywatch, take a deep breath. You're spinning out. If you have some questions or concerns or ideas, there are many ways to convey them to the staff. You don't have to go all ranty and start burning bridges to get some attention. Just post in the above thread. After you've calmed down, that is.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

This is my opinion as a member, not a push for agreement because I'm also a moderator.

i hope for every real UFO photo someone discredits, for whatever reason they do, that they will burn in hell

I hear and understand your frustration. That statement, however, implies to me that all UFO photos/videos should be taken on face value.

You're a long-time internet user; Don't you think that times have changed, that there are many, many people out there that choose to film known objects -- or worse yet -- to fabricate intentional hoaxes, all for the glory of the web attention of the moment? I do. Myself, I appreciate people who present something as an unknown and search and invite input, trying to gather evidence to determine what they filmed.

Yes, there are those grating individuals who dismiss virtually every photo or video, and they irritate me as well. They seem to me like the antithesis of the person who willing accepts every video and photo as fact without investigation.

Skeptics are your friend -- true skeptics, that is. A skeptic will want to apply the possibility of known phenomena to a situation first, in order to separate the good stuff from that which is easily explainable. Personally, I believe there are intelligent entities that are nonhuman that are on and around the Earth. On four separate occasions, I have seen objects that I could not explain. That did not make them aliens, but fit fully the definition of a UFO -- Unidentified Flying Object.

I think we sort through these things knowing that there is an ever-growing 'movement' of people who choose to fabricate or otherwise obfuscate their 'sighting'. I spend about a night a week with NV clamped to my camera on a tripod. I'm aware of known and trackable satellites, irridium flares, planets and stars. I'm not an astronomy expert -- I just revel in the seeing. Sure, I hope someday to take the definitive video. I've practiced taking video of flying birds and planes to improve my smooth tracking. Since I've been doing this, of course, there has been nothing unexplainable that I've taken a video or photo of. That doesn't mean they aren't there somewhere.

So, when I see a video of a bright light with an apparently consistent luminosity and consisitent velocity moving in a straight line, I think "ISS". If the videographer has given their time/date and location, it's an easy thing to see if know satellites were doing a flyover at that time. When I see a video of a hovering light that has a flashing red light, I think it's possible that I'm seeing an aircraft that is heading directly toward the observer.

I'm not jealous of these videos and I have no desire to quash anyone's UFO party. I just want to know the truth.

For me, ATS/BTS isn't somewhere I come to find FACTS (an ellusive concept), or truths; It's a place I come to discuss and read the discussions of others of like minds, wherein we don't have to establish with every single post that we're not whackamoles or wingnuts. We're people who believe in the possibility or probability of ideas, events and creatures that are not mainstream. Hoaxes being labeled as such indicate a concerted effort to gather evidence that strongly supports that an assertation is a fraud. It's important to know those things, so we don't duplicate our efforts over and over as new members join and find these 'nuggets'.

Agree with you that it's sad and frequently frustrating that we -- or any group -- find it dificult to establish a single FACT, or "kill" as you call it. I think that calling it so [kill] might imply a scorecard that doesn't really matter here. It's the interaction, the discussions, the finding our own personal truths with the help of a few friends and coconspirators. That's the good stuff.

Sorry for the novella. Your thread struck a chord with me and I understand the frustrations. Happy ATSing to you!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

so im trying to point out that this site needs to get the truth out and do it properly

You do realize that the content of this site is user generated, don't you?

The three amigos have nothing to do with what crazy stories come up here.

How do you propose to make all 208,402 members of ATS submit content that meets your narrow minded criteria?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

im a programmer... i could make this a lot better

but i guess you are not interested as you are afraid of your own words "deny ignorance" and your government US of Assholes

it would save a lot of people a lot of time
how is it to see a UFO, to witness several, and to find other people making photos etc of the same thing
just to see every thread about it being ridiculed

i think god will do exatly that to these people, if God exist
i dont belive in heaven and hell but i do belive in heaven and UFO's

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join