It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwear invention uses metal powder to guard against x-ray machines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Underwear invention uses metal powder to guard against x-ray machines

www.rawstory.com

Jeff Buske says his invention uses a powdered metal that protects people's privacy when undergoing medical or security screenings.

Buske of Las Vegas, Nev.-Rocky Flats Gear says the underwear's inserts are thin and conform to the body's contours, making it difficult to hide anything beneath them. The mix of tungsten and other metals do not set off metal detectors.

The men's design has the fig leaf, while the one for women comes in the shape of clasped hands.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Leave it to good old American ingenuity to come up with something like this, though I couldn't imagine this being comfortable. Also, I would be willing to bet that this warrant you a groping by TSA workers, at least until they can ban the drawers.

Anyway, this is an extremely good idea, only if the TSA would allow it, which I doubt they will.

--airspoon

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
ive been wondering how these work.

powdered tungsten.... maybe a little led as well.

clever.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
the metals would absorb the radioactivity produced through x-rays so would this not be more dangerous to the sensitive areas of the body? seems a quicker way to expose ones genitals to a known cancer causing medium.
would the instructions state that once through security inserts must be discarded into a licensed radioactive waste disposal unit or is the user intending to wear them through the decay process.

look at it from another perspective. you are in a locked room. you have a tube of glue with the lid off. you can smell the solvents and you can tolerate the odour. you spread the glue all over the floor and BAM! see you next week when you land.
this is insane in my opinion.
f

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
so i guess this thread gets ignored from now on whilst an identical one pops up.
i refer all honourable members to the replies i gave earlier.

this is INSANE.
f

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

I agree with you. While privacy is a concern, the main concern from the X-ray machines is overall health of the entire body.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I was thinking about the reaction you'd get if, right before walking thru the scanner, you put on a lead shirt. Now someone goes and steals my idea, shrinking it down to create lead drawers.

Great idea but, as mentioned, it will absorb the radiation and you'd then be encasing your boys (or girls) in a radioactive jock.

Also, it will result in your having the fondle and grope down so, if that's the end result, why bother with the lead shorts? Just tell the lucky tsa guy that you prefer he handle your bits and pieces and speed up the process.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Additional perspective here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And yes, I too wonder what happens the first time someone walks through with these items on.
TSA was sent a sample but has made no comment.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
if you ask any radiologist off the record what are the safe limits or safe exposure to x-rays the reply
will be the dead eye if you know what i mean. there is no safe limit to exposure and furthermore having
been exposed to over twenty medical x-rays in one year believe me the after effects were akin to a non-
stop hangover of the worst kind for several months.
i will not fly period. i would rather use land systems but i feel these are going to be introduced
everywhere in the future. the mass irradiation of the masses.
f

top topics

join