It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Prophecy of Jesus in Luke 18:8

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
"But when the Son of man comes, will there be any faith on earth?"--the Gospel of Luke 18:8

This question of Jesus at least suggests that, by the time of the return of Jesus, there will be at least a serious doubt that any one at all will be left alive on the earth who still has faith--much less Knowledge--of his Teaching. In other words, this is a direct assessment by Jesus of the relative chances of success for his Teaching.

And this is certainly the Truth inasmuch as there are very, very few people who, today, believe that Jesus taught the Doctrine of "resurrection" as a Doctrine of 'Rebirth'.

On the other hand, there are hundreds of millions of Christians who hold to Paul's Pharisaical disinterpretation of the Doctrine of "resurrection" as the doctrine of a physical raising of a dead body from the grave.

And, thus, we have a problem.

What is wrong with this picture?

Either Jesus was completely deluded as to the potential for success of his Teaching--in which case he was a pathetically incompetent prophet--OR he taught the Doctrine of "resurrection" as the physical raising of a dead body from the grave...

Just like the pagan Egyptian religion, from which the children of Israel were Redeemed both physically and in terms of the Revelation of the Truth.

Christians cannot have it BOTH ways.

Mi cha el

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Give it a rest man. I'm a believer myself but every 3rd thread I go into has a post from you talking about the bible and reincarnation. It's impossible to follow your train of thought and EVERY post is the same.
edit on 22/11/10 by Nventual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Michael Cecil

I'm going to throw Pelagianism into the mix here.. and wonder if as Pelagius asserts Rome was corrupt and not teaching the message Jesus brought. then perhaps the true message Jesus brought has been lost along the path..

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

The fact that books were chosen to be or not to be in the bible signifies the fact that parts of the message are missing, or incorrect or corrupted or man made.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
it could just be that after Jesus actually comes back, the false messiah(s?) and the liar will have already wiped out most of the faithful, with the few remnants in hiding

if you read a bit more to it, apparently the war before the second coming and the tyranny it will see is beyond anything we've seen so far, with the main scapegoat being faithfuls . that quote you used with Jesus sound a little more in context now?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Lol.. That's funny

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Cecil
"But when the Son of man comes, will there be any faith on earth?"--the Gospel of Luke 18:8

You're making some obvious leaps in logic there, Michael. First, you need to wrap your head around the difference between a question and a statement. Secondly, you seem to be labouring under the impression that Jesus is coming back today, so the fact that there are still a lot of Christians and hardly anyone who agrees with your reincarnation claims today doesn't make any difference. If the current trends continue, the number of true followers of Christ will continue to decline as time goes on and people come to the conclusion that they don't need God or care about following his commandments.

Finally, and most obviously, your either / or proposition is easily addressed by saying that, yes, Jesus did not teach your reincarnation stuff, he himself was clearly resurrected in a physical form, so Paul is right, you are wrong, and thanks for making the case for it.

Still wondering why you're quoting Luke as if you believed it, though.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

This question of Jesus at least suggests that, by the time of the return of Jesus, there will be at least a serious doubt that any one at all will be left alive on the earth who still has faith--much less Knowledge--of his Teaching. In other words, this is a direct assessment by Jesus of the relative chances of success for his Teaching.

And this is certainly the Truth inasmuch as there are very, very few people who, today, believe that Jesus taught the Doctrine of "resurrection" as a Doctrine of 'Rebirth'.

On the other hand, there are hundreds of millions of Christians who hold to Paul's Pharisaical disinterpretation of the Doctrine of "resurrection" as the doctrine of a physical raising of a dead body from the grave.

I don't want to argue with you about this, simply because I do not have the biblical understanding to do so, but since Luke's version is a rewrite of earlier Gospels and such, how can you consider it valid or more valid than Paul's own letters? Paul, before his 'conversion' on the road to Damascus was a Pharisee, that his initial pronoucements can be considered confused, he later, after further learning, travel and experience, develops the very strong voice we hear in the letters.

If you look at Raphael's cartoon on the Blinding of Elymas or the Conversion of the Vice consul, and the associated text from Acts, the 'false prophet' is called Bar-Jesus (or some such), denoting that he is a son of Jesus...can you not see that possibily this is a 'hint' towards the difference between the genetic hereditary and the revelatory one?

And, thus, we have a problem.

What is wrong with this picture?

Either Jesus was completely deluded as to the potential for success of his Teaching--in which case he was a pathetically incompetent prophet--OR he taught the Doctrine of "resurrection" as the physical raising of a dead body from the grave...

Luke cannot have known of Jesus other than through the writings of those who knew him and through Paul. If he misunderstood, it is perhaps because he was an observer and therefore could not know. Jesus told those who had witnessed his transfiguration not to discuss it with the others until after his death, why do you think he may have done that? Don't those same witnesses ask him why he speaks to the masses in parabels, and he replies, words to the effect, it is alright for you, you have seen...it makes sense... Why does he look along the roadside for the best seed for his word? Because it has struggled and to see the light you must first see the darkness....? I am presumably teaching you to suck eggs here, but I do not understand what the problem with Paul is, that hasn't been caused by the 'Protestants' using him to oust Rome from the State by inventing a schism.

Just like the pagan Egyptian religion, from which the children of Israel were Redeemed both physically and in terms of the Revelation of the Truth.

You're making ASSumptions. Just becuase something is new does not mean it is better. Had you see Hunefer's Book of the Dead, you could understand what Paul too may have seen, and why it was his mission to minister to the Gentiles, or Pagans as you prefer, and Peter's to the Jews.

Christians cannot have it BOTH ways.

Perhaps that is why I don't see the problem, I'm not a christian.

Another thing that keeps coming to mind, prophecy and encouragement, are indistinguishable, I read somewhere, as words. That is they have the same meaning. I wonder therefore if someone were given the power of foresight, that they are also given the 'power' to wield it - in whatever direction they choose. Therefore the prophet when he 'opens his mouth' chooses the path of the future often based on what he sees most clearly, when if, he looked a little closer, he might see more positive options that are less well travelled these days. Just a thought

edit on 22-11-2010 by KilgoreTrout because: encouragement.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The Son of Man is Elijah, he will come before Jesus, as it is said in the bible.

But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands." Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist. (Matthew 17:12,13)

"See, I will send you the prophet Elias before that great and dreadful day of the Lord comes. He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse." Malachi 4:5-6, NIV

St John baptized Jesus the last time, just like he will do it again, only now he is called Elijah(Master Li Hongzhi, founder of Falun Dafa the great eastern way of cultivating your body, mind and souli) during this reincarnation.

Falun Dafa is the only spiritual practice of any significance during the last centuries to arise from the far east and spread to the whole world in only a few years. 100 million people started practicing in 7 years, all the signs of the prophecies match Falun Dafa.

The great prophet of Jesus, Emmanuel Swedenborg, who came from the city of "Falun" in Sweden, foretold us everything about the true teachings of Falun Dafa. The city of Falun has a river called the Falu ruiver, this river will split the city in two parts, one divine part and one grueling part(the part where the mine is situated)....

In 1992 the mine closed down and Falun Dafa was introduced to the world...

I tell Christian people with an open mind and a good heart without notions, DO NOT FALL FOR MODERN THEOLOGY, read the book Zhuan Falun instead and save yourself. People in the past buried themselves with feet facing the east to be ready for Judgment.

It is said in the bible, Judgment will come from the East, from a far off distant land, the kings of the future will come from the East.

>

From the east I summon a bird of prey; from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose. What I have said, that will I bring about; what I have planned, that will I do.

PS: Read the book Zhuan Falun: www.falundafa.org...

edit on 23-11-2010 by Gaussq because: (no reason given)

top topics

join