It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions to lose unemployment benefits

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by RDunzy1
I'll give you an example....I own and operate several online shopping sites, when I started I wanted very badly to give the job of building the website and back-end to a local (Pittsburgh) web design company. After lining up several interviews and receiving 3 quotes for the work I had prices from $ 15,000- $40,000. I forgot to mention that two of the guys showed up LATE for our meeting and one didn't return my initial call for 3 days! One of the firms was started by 3 very bright guys from CMU, not dummies. This was far more than I wanted to spend and decided to use Elance, a company that allows designers and programmers to bid on your job from all over the world. Long story short I had a graduate from IIT (makes our MIT look like kiddy school) design the site for $6,000 and include a 2 year warranty and free upgrades.

You sir, are a jackass. You saved yourself money in the short term. In the long term, you screwed your own country by outsourcing the job to an Indian guy.

You are part of the problem. You think of it as "saving money", but that Indian guy has to pay alot less rent and taxes, thats why he can work for peanuts. Hell, he probably attended IIT for a #load less than an American college, and probably at a lower interest rate!

So assholes like you send jobs overseas, and bitch about "lazy" Americans who want to get paid too much. Meanwhile, all the business goes overseas and the few over here that are left have to charge MORE to make the same amount of profit with the fewer amount of jobs. Then more people wont utilitze them, they go out of business and you have more people unemployed. Wow, youre a real genius - we should obviously follow your economic plan. Bleeding moron.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The same senators who are fighting to charge $700 billion in tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires to our national credit card say extending unemployment is "too expensive" and "must be paid for." Meanwhile, more than one person a second is losing his or her lifeline. That's why these jobless workers-including two Working America members-came together this week to deliver the petitions signed by thousands of Working America members and tens of thousands of others, urging Congress to renew this crucial lifeline.

If this video doesn't fuel your outrage and give you a sense of the human cost of delay on emergency unemployment, nothing will.

Please watch and send a strong message to your members of Congress. Tell them to restore unemployment insurance benefits for jobless workers who are being cut off right now at the rate of more than one a second

<< 6  7  8   >>

join