It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions to lose unemployment benefits

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
'Millions about to lose there unemployment benfits'

Millions of illegal aliens in this country.

Jobs Americans wont do? We'll see.

60,000 anchor babys born in Texas last year alone. And their welfare benfits will not run out for another 18 years.

Keep falling for the Democrat's lies and you will get what you deserve.

edit on 21-11-2010 by nocents because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by rumor21

That depends on where you live.

$13 an hour is the start of a good wage around here. The best average starting pay is around $10 and that is considered good. Any place starting $15 an hour is considered great because even the $13 an hour job takes you a decade to get to $15 an hour.

Location is what matters. All those people wanting to live in the expensive ritzy places prior to all of this only hurt themselves. I for one am happy to live in a place where the income is low it helps to keep our costs down.

Would it be nice to make more? Sure, but in the end they only take it away so what does it matter.

Raist

In my experience there is no logic in what you just said, I have lived in many places cheap and expensive, the ones that cost the most to live in are the places the highest paying jobs are. I lived in this s****** called Florida and I made 10 an hour in philly and can't get anything over 7 bucks here. So, with all due respect, your logic is POOPOO, those people living in those places will be far more able to find a higher wage job than I will in this cheapskate state!!!! In fact there still are jobs there in those high cost places there is zippo here, but then again we have a very large population of illegals too... funny how the cheapest places to live are also infested with illegals as well.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I do marvel at the 'get a job' posts.

If there were enough jobs to go around for workers, then wouldn't there be no unemployment?

Please, also bear in mind that there are a lot of people out there that are having to get retrained for today's job market. People who worked in manufacturing that has been outsourced oversees. A lot of industries have collapsed.

A lot of my friends worked in real estate titles and when the bubble burst? They lost their jobs. Some are still frantically trying to find one. They are not being 'lazy''! They have applied to every kind of job you can imagine. These were folks making $40K a year or more. It's not that they are picking and choosing, it's that when they apply at places like Walmart, or the local supermarket to get ANY kind of job, they are then told they are 'overqualified' for the position. It's far more problematic than some people here seem to be grasping.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
As for welfare, communism without dicatorship, the power controled by the people, not the other way around. A new world order, not the one so many people today fear, a better world. If you can dream it can happen. (unless your dreams are totally bizzare)

The only bizzare dream I am hearing is *lets turn flippin commy* Has there ever been communism without a dictator really? Im not a history buff, but china sure has it's dictators. hitler was a commy he dictated pretty good... CUBA was like that at first but it didn't last long before fidel started to rule with an iron fist and took all the food for himself.... uuuuh its absurd SIR you suggest *communism* that had to be the worst dream ann frank EVER HAD..
edit on 21-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Most people are apathetic until you take everything away from them. This is exactly what is happening as I type this reply to you. I hope and pray I am wrong but I have been saying this for awhile. There are only a couple of things that can snowball out of control and this is one of them.

Think about millions are going to stop paying rent/mortgage. And are not going to have money to feed their families. I dont really see how this could go any other way. This could very well be a tipping point.

SO, you are saying that these people are going to starve and quite paying their bills... because they will loose
their unemployment benefits?.

OMG, this is terrible

Maybe they will try harder to get a job
You are sooooo ignorant. MR, TRY HARDER. 1st of all, alot of manufacturing jobs left our country, HELL, even the president said that. DO YOU REALIZE, oh, i'm sorry, you do not realize. These people are your average jo's like you and me. FOR EXAMPLE: They get out of high school, get a job at the local plastic plants, or machine shops. Your basic nonskilled laborer jobs that pay anywhere between minimum wage to 14 an hour. They ALL LOST THEIR JOBS and now have to find another unskilled job or go to school to hopefully get hired in a new field of work. WELL, If you have no money, ARE BANKRUPT and you need to borrow money so you can go to school. OOOPS, YOU HAVE BAD CREDIT. go somewhere else to borrow. The longer you wait while in debt. the farther you plummit. The BILLS, STILL KEEP COMMING AFTER BANKRUPTCY. You sure know everything, a quick statement flies out and you are a mentor. Some people like that usually live at home in the basement. JOBS are getting hard to get. I don't know where you live, but apparently people in the basement need to get out and understand the world around them and not just in their back yard. You know, some states are practically jobless and the states are going under themselves. You hear it in the news all the time. DO you watch the news?
edit on 21-11-2010 by nite owl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I do see it as a sign people are beginning to wake and they know something is wrong but I fear it is far to little to late as the populace is so ignorant of the problem by the time they figure it out enough to really stand up they or their children will be subjugated by then.

This is why my evil genius plan is to keep letting the New World Order conquer the world for me. As soon as it goes to form and declare a One World Government, just like Sarah Palin hijacked the Teaparty, I plan on Hijacking the New World Order.

Once secure in my job as benevolent dictator for life, I plan on going on vacation for life, giving the people plenty of opportunity to work it all out!

Pina Collada anyone, Mai Tai?

link   
These are the people that open mouth now and when it happens to them, they say, wait a minute how did this happen. You are not in control here. THEY ARE. IF you think that your job WILL NEVER go overseas or go under you are badly mistaken, it can happen in a span of 3 or less months. I have heard many oppinions and the same people spouting them, had let themselves get into the same situation alot of others are in.
edit on 21-11-2010 by nite owl because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by thecinic

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by thecinic
Unemployment benefits are not a right.....

Bailing out corporations is also not a right.

Especially

Using your money

Does two wrongs make a right?

Just if people who abuse the system are allowed to abuse it then it will be... As i said my girlfriends dad gets unemployment and could go back to work as an electrician but he wont right now because he is still getting that check... They could get food stamps except for the fact if you get food stamps they deduct from your unemployment benefits which he spends his whole check on booze and weed while his daughter works at a gas station to feed the family.... It would be good for her dad to get off of the unemployment and stop burdening her... It is sad, for the people that can't still get a job but they can get food stamps and atleast still have food to eat..

Well if I was a customer I don't want him drunk and high working on my damn electric!!!!! Keep him out of the work force please!!!!! What he needs is rehab.I hope wherever he works they believe in drug testing!!!!
edit on 21-11-2010 by ldyserenity because: sp

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

exactly idyserenity. They make us people who try look bad and then we get called bums.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
California is borrowing $40,000,000 every day to pay people to not work.

Forty-Million dollars a day we do not have. We are broke people.

Yet Obama and Hillary have given nearly a Billion to Hamas. Obama is building Mosques world wide in his outreach. Two Hundred Million a day in India.

So heres an idea, lets tax what we exhale. Then we can devalue the dollar. And just for kicks lets turn the food supply to an inefficient fuel to jack up food prices. Brilliant !!

So hows that change workin for ya?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
All I know is that those crooked asses in D.C. better get off their fat ones and bail out the people or all hell will erupt in this country again. Americans are pissed and if they deny Americans this basic of benefits whats next? I say stop paying the illegals anything and give it to the real Americans who need help. These execs crashed the system so they need to pay up and pay up big time till they get it fixed.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
All I know is that those crooked asses in D.C. better get off their fat ones and bail out the people or all hell will erupt in this country again. Americans are pissed and if they deny Americans this basic of benefits whats next? I say stop paying the illegals anything and give it to the real Americans who need help. These execs crashed the system so they need to pay up and pay up big time till they get it fixed.

I agree... Stop the corporate welfare stop the slumbag welfare and gve back to the mother F***** who support your sorry A** pyramid scheme!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

This is why my evil genius plan is to keep letting the New World Order conquer the world for me. As soon as it goes to form and declare a One World Government, just like Sarah Palin hijacked the Teaparty, I plan on Hijacking the New World Order.

Once secure in my job as benevolent dictator for life, I plan on going on vacation for life, giving the people plenty of opportunity to work it all out!

Pina Collada anyone, Mai Tai?

I'll flip ya for Dictator, loser gets second in command?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

OK, I'm hardly a fan of Israel but in this matter Israel is not the bogeyman. Israel has nothing whatsoever to do with American conservatism's irrationality. The blame may be squarely placed at the feet of American corporations and the ultra-rich people who run them.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kellyct1987

Please don't feed the trolls... This thread is about millions of americans potentially losing their unemployment benefits if congress doesn't pass a bill...

It has nothing to do with afghanistan

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nocents
'Millions about to lose there unemployment benfits'

Millions of illegal aliens in this country.

Jobs Americans wont do? We'll see.

60,000 anchor babys born in Texas last year alone. And their welfare benfits will not run out for another 18 years.

I agree. I bet when benefits run out or expire, Americans will do ANY job to feed their families.

Those that are saying things like "we can't afford daycare to go back to work for $8 an hour" will suddenly miraculously be able to make arrangements, I'm guessing.

It's then that supporters of these illegal immigrants will start to look more closely and say, why look, there are 13 million jobs that I could be doing. Why should the illegal immigrant be working when I can't?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by oozyism

I bet i could start a thread on the easter bunny, and you would find a way to bring Afghanistan into it...

Are you suggesting Afghanistan has nothing to do with the current situation America is facing?

Do you think invading + occupying countries is cheap?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
All I know is that those crooked asses in D.C. better get off their fat ones and bail out the people or all hell will erupt in this country again.

No, it won't, and really, when did 'all hell erupt' in the USA, apart from in 1776 or during the Civil War?. Americans are too lethargic to give a damn, even when they can't feed their families.

They're more interested in trying to figure out whether the vote is rigged on Dancing With The Stars this year, or what their favorite reality show 'star' will do next.

Americans have NEVER suffered real hardship since the Great Depression, not even in World War II when the rest of the world (almost) was going through rationing and being bombed.

I really wonder what it will take for Americans to riot en masse. I don't think over 2 million people having benefits removed will be enough to get them off the couch.
edit on 21-11-2010 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join