It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alcohol intake makes spooky/paranormal stuff seem foolish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yeah my friends, I hit the bottle as soon as the sun goes down . This puts me in the " I don't give a damn mode"

I lived in a few haunted spots and I think the spirits just threw the towel in on me bruh. I bet they get tired of using all their energy making noises I didn't remember the next day.

Alcohol is a great ghost deterrent, as soon as you start hearing noises, pop open the Gin
edit on 20-11-2010 by Better Mouse Trap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Dub post

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Why dont you want to try to tell the spirit to leave!

Demand;
In Lacanian psychoanalysis, a demand results when a lack in the Real is phrased into the Symbolic medium of language.

Are you afraid?
Dont give them fear.
edit on 20-11-2010 by plexx because: green

Symbol of the cosmic Christ saves you

edit on 20-11-2010 by plexx because: real

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
there been a few times as a teenager,i've been drunk,and as you do with girls about,go on the haunted house hunt,and it's never ever bothered me,and i've even mock about it in so called haunted place's...but then if i have a splift of weed,you won't see me for dust near anywere haunted...so i think it a state of mind...

watch a horror on your own drunk and then go downstairs in a silent house,most of the time you forgotten all about ghosts by the time your downstairs..lol and even if you did see one your more then likely take off ya shirt and wanna fist fight ! punching air lol

now if you watch a horror really stoned on your own,then go downstairs in a silent house,by the time your at the top of the landing your convinced the theres monsters down there..lol...

its a state of mind..

edit on 20-11-2010 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

OP, I'm not sure if I believe this, but I've heard it said that ghosts and demons like to take over peoples' bodies when they're in a drunken state because 1) it's easier and 2) they like the way it feels, much like we do.

It's a creepy thought.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

This was originally in the paranormal forum, so I will address it here.

I don't think ghost, who have spent years in the after-world honing their skill-set, appreciate someone who either could care less are will never remember their well practiced antics.

Being tipsy gives you a edge and thwarts some of the mental BS ghost do.

Now, they can influence you being intoxicated if you are weak minded, make you act a fool. Make you say the " Devil made me do it " etc

The fact is some folks act like idiots without the aid of some demon spirit, this is why they can't use " I was possessed your honor " in the court of law.

1% may be fact, the other.....well

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Creepy indeed. I've been told not only that I act foolishly when drunk, but also that my personality changes completely.. Too bad it's a bit hard to do self-analysis when there is just a big black hole in memory afterwards.

I just do not dare touch anything stronger than beer anymore, wich ofcourse is a positive thing.

And to poster somewhere above, about if being weak-minded, blaming it on the devil etc..
Could "they/it/whatever" possess the power to weaken your mind to that point? To lose awareness of self?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DogFin

Lucky you, I never get holes in my memory from drinking, I remember every embarrassing detail of my behaviour in crystal clear HD. Truthfully though I just tend to get happier and more funny when I'm drunk, the worst I ever do is start kissing and hugging random people

I'm not sure drinking booze is a great way of deterring ghosts though, I would have thought they would be more likely to turn up to see where the party is at! Ghosts like to party too surely?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by DogFin

Truthfully though I just tend to get happier and more funny when I'm drunk, the worst I ever do is start kissing and hugging random people

I morph into a pimp when I drink, I work a room like it's nothing. My girl tells me I get amorous , If spirits aid in that, well thanks

top topics

join