It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

no more soda and juice for me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
no more acesulfam k and aspartame and all your colorings and preservatives and LIES
no more of your POISON.
from now on,only tap water, boiled to 100% -> frozen -> putted through a filter
and occasionaly squeeze some orange if need an urge to have some fructose.

go ahed and lie all you want that acesulfam and aspartame and fluoride is healthy.
im not going to get retarded and crazy because of your poisons
i wish i could be "normal" and continue buying the cool sodas, but its too much, and im sick of getting fat when i exercise like crazy just because i drink soda.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
way to go. My wife just made 8 cups of rosehip tea this morning, sweeten it with a bit of honey and it is a great tasting drink warm or cold, loaded with nutrition.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
cool, shame that i almost never drink tea,maybe i havent tasted my favourite type of tea yet.
and i dont like how honey tastes but its one of the most healthy thing we can it so...

anyway it ala started when i saw the ingridients in the new schweps mojito targeted on the bulgarian market, i made a thread and no one replied.
the thing had acesulfame F, aspartame and zaharine. why do they need so many sugar recplacements in it?
i hear that people who stop drinking sodas loose a couple of pounds so it was a matter of time.
for god sake it was unhealthy to drink beer when i was little
now i feel beer is more healthyer,even vodka is more healthier.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
no more acesulfam k and aspartame and all your colorings and preservatives and LIES
no more of your POISON.
from now on,only tap water, boiled to 100% -> frozen -> putted through a filter
and occasionaly squeeze some orange if need an urge to have some fructose.

go ahed and lie all you want that acesulfam and aspartame and fluoride is healthy.
im not going to get retarded and crazy because of your poisons
i wish i could be "normal" and continue buying the cool sodas, but its too much, and im sick of getting fat when i exercise like crazy just because i drink soda.

in sodas it is the acids they use so the bubbles last on the shelf that are a worry too and you will be much more healthy without these

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

Well online it's called rosehip tea, but to me it really tatses like a fruit drink, I'd bet even kids would like it.

www.grandmas-wisdom.com...
Rose hip tea is refreshing, pleasantly tart and contains vitamins A, B, C, E and K, pectin and organic acids.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
unfortunately when i am sick, i don't feel like boiling water for tea or purity so i am drinking Hawaiian punch for the vit c.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I gave up sodas a few years ago. But why cut out juice? I drink it frequently and it's 100% fruit juice. No sugar added.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosMagician
unfortunately when i am sick, i don't feel like boiling water for tea or purity so i am drinking Hawaiian punch for the vit c.
Why drink sugar water? That's what Hawaiian punch is. You want vitamin C? Drink a glass of orange juice or better yet eat an orange. That's what I do and I rarely get sick. When I feel a little scratch in my throat I eat an orange and fight the sickness off.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Fructose has been shown to increase the body's levels of cortisol and grehlin, two stress hormones that pack on the fat around your waist (omentum). Perhaps it developed in our ancient past, when we got our fructose in the summer, and packed on a little fat... that was so we had some extra fat to survive the winter.
Now we have access to sugar all year round, and our bodies continue to pack on the fat year round, without the threat of starving in winter.
By the way, table sugar is sucrose, made of one half glucose, and the other half, you got it, is FRUCTOSE

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
i was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, i'm completely off sugar and 98% free from fats(only small amounts from olive oil and peanut butter). two months later, i have noticed a "calming" of my entire body, i'm losing weight, 246 down to 219, i'm 6'1"...no heartburn ever, even when i eat jalapeno peppers out of the jar. i sleep soundly, with my body maintaining a comfortable warmth for 7 hours a night. my skin is not as oily, i don't sweat like i used to. i only eat skinned chicken and fish as far as any meat.
bottom line...i'm feeling great! what a difference this change in diet has made in my life.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
true, i seem to remember that fruits do can make you fat, from all the fructose, but yea,back in commie days there werent so many candy around.
and how do you think african tribe people survive...they eat only fruits probably.
anyway by juice i meant, no more fake juice, and i cant trust the natural juice we have here in bulgaria, so im only drinking fruits, and i cant even trust them.

the fruits my vendor chain seems to have are %^W$ as hell. my head hurted from eating a grapefruit,how is that possible. the fruits are probably gmo or poisoned,and what kinda dirt do i even buy to plant fruits in?
and i dont have the time to wait 1 year for some fruits.

anyway i prefer to take chances with real fruits then sodas.
i think i can wash the oranges in hydrogen peroxide - oxygen water -> that will kill all germans and keep them purky,not moldy

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well done for giving them up - you'll feel so much better for it.

I haven't had a fizzy drink for years and I'm sure I feel better for it. Less tired and head-achey, plus I feel more cheerful in myself.

I only drink water and black tea, sometimes some fruit juice in summer. It seems a bit of a task at first, giving something up, but you soon get used to it. In no time at all, you'll be wondering how you ever could have put that sort of rubbish into your body

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
You won't regret it and in fact, after a couple of weeks without soda and corn juice(
), if you do try a soda, it will taste sickeningly sweet and make you wonder what the heck?!
I switched to organic juices years ago and since they are kinda spendy, I started taking one quart of juice and adding another quart of water to it to double the quantity without loosing much flavor. Now even straight juice is to sweet for me.
Good for you on your decision!

peace,
spec

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I drink anywhere from 3 to 4 sodas a day. All my sodas use high fructose corn syrup for a sweetener. I drink a locally bottled brand exclusively. It's not a generally known fact, but this company uses the local springwater in it's bottling process. I don't see anything wrong with high fructose corn syrup. When Pepsi was selling the throwback sodas with sugar in them, I'd buy two of those every day. I'm 6' 2" weigh 170 lbs have a 32 inch waist, soda is not a problem for me neither is much of anything else. I have a high metabolic rate. I have low cholesterol. I think my good fortune is probably genetic, my grandfather was thin all his life.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
the corn sirup cant be that bad as aspartame and acesulfam k.
i think it would be more fat gaining, because its fructose, but that depends on what kind of person drinks it.

i have a friend as well,who drinks cola every day and has a perfect thin body,but his just a genetic superman.
but we can all agree on that soda is kinda bad, and putting aspartame and acesulfame in it is overkill.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

welldone brother!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Origin

Originally posted by ChaosMagician
Why drink sugar water? That's what Hawaiian punch is. You want vitamin C? Drink a glass of orange juice or better yet eat an orange. That's what I do and I rarely get sick. When I feel a little scratch in my throat I eat an orange and fight the sickness off.

I drink orange juice.... sometimes.

presently it's WAY too much acid on my stomach. Plus, hawian punch is not somethin i like per se, but i got 3 gallons for 5 bucks!. Try getting orange juice or fresh oranges for that price. this has to last me until the middle of next month perhaps... or maybe longer. There is a SERIOUS budget in my house but this way at least I will get some vitamin c, which I need and probably don't get enough of. I'm doing good to get the protein I need.... and no, i'm not disconnecting my internet... it's how i pay bills and keep from going insane
I did cut the cable though. I know a fair bit about nutrients and vitamins and certainly know about sugar, but I also understand how to at least keep myself from starving. I sometimes make suggestions to others concerning things that are good for them but also am aware there is a reality to everyone's situation... just like mine. Hell, I may even preach it at times that some things are very bad for people, but when I'm preaching it's not to specific people because you gotta do what you gotta do... and when i am sick AND broke... I WILL see myself excused.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

i think i can wash the oranges in hydrogen peroxide - oxygen water -> that will kill all germans and keep them purky,not moldy

I think you meant GERMS.

You have the right idea though.

Eliminate all the manufactured crap that people are used to ingesting.

Water and natural fruit juices.

I have not drank anything but that for a very long time.

The last soda I had was a Mexican coke in a bottle.

They still make it with cane sugar and it was great.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

I'm sorry to inform you of this, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but........

You are still going to die at around about the same age as every one else....

Sorry about that.....

If you do manage to live past 100 (as my grandmother currently is) then you can give us an update on your amazing longevity from the confines of your broken body and addled mind

edit on 21-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I have a wrinkle on my face so I don't care about long life anymore.

My god that sounded vain. I'm really joking. I guess I will live as long as I am supposed to be alive.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join