It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians vote against fluoridated water supplies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Last i read we need oxygen to survive, also I think water is important, but is sodium fluoride???

I'm sure small amounts of gasoline won't kill you but do you add that to water. Here is the data sheet for gasoline.

www.hess.com...
MEDICAL CONDITIONS AGGRAVATED BY EXPOSURE
Irritation from skin exposure may aggravate existing open wounds, skin disorders, and dermatitis (rash).
Chronic respiratory disease, liver or kidney dysfunction, or pre-existing central nervous system disorders
may be aggravated by exposure.

You obviously enjoy sodium fluoride and thats your choice. I choose not to drink it or brush with it. It is classified as a severe poison. Is oxygen classified as a severe poison?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Over 3,000 Professionals Call for an End to Fluoridation of Drinking Water.

www.fluoridealert.org...

Studies in mainstream peer-reviewed medical journals and government reports now document the fact that serious harms are associated with exposure to small amounts of fluoride-including hip fracture, cancer, and intellectual impairment.

www.fluoridation.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

At least some products use the term "aqua" which is really stupid if the rest of the terms are in english.

Heh, never seen that one before.

Anyway, my beef isn't so much about the use of flouride (in very small quantities), but the fact they actually FORCE us to use it whether we want to or not

I don't have a problem with opposing it for that reason, it's just when the bad science starts to be thrown around to sway the decision of 'should we add it to our water or not', that is when it becomes a problem.

And do we know any side effects of having flouride absorbed into the bloodstream via the mouth

After you drink fluoridated water, it gets absorbed out of the stomach and intestines into the blood stream where it is consumed into hard tissue such as teeth / bones etc. (roughly 50% of it), while the remaining fluoride is removed by your kidney and 'discharged'. The only legitimate 'side effect' is someone without proper kidney function, but even they would most likely be alright. (They'd still need a decent amount of fluoride to be built up to cause any problems)

Except that the body knows how to deal effectively with water and oxygen.

If it exceeds the bodies limit to control it, it isn't going to be handled by your body and it will cause harm, and by all definitions, then becomes "toxic" "poisonous" etc.

For instance - Women Dies in Water-Drinking Contest or Oxygen toxicity in mouse lung: pathways to cell death.

...our bodies are going to start storing it up as it can't get rid of it fast enough

Roughly half of all fluoride that is absorbed into the bloodstream will consumed into hard tissue in less than 24 hours, while the rest is being excreted .

...seeing the effects of poisoning even though no one will know exactly why..

Generally, the only way to achieve fluoride poisoning is when you consume a large amount over a short period of time (Such as a child eating fluoride tablets way above safety limits) as it's dealt with by the body too fast, especially at the appropriate concentrations. That's the problem, virtually none of it is "sticking around". High consumption is a concern though, such as populations that get there water from deeply dug wells that contain rather high concentrations of calcium fluoride, like in India, where it's the leading cause of skeletal fluorosis). Other than that, it MAY cause problems if you do not have a proper function kidney, but I'd doubt it wouldn't be accounted for by your doctor when dealing with said problem(s).

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by quest4info

Last i read we need oxygen to survive, also I think water is important, but is sodium fluoride???

Again yes, but at certain concentrations and consumption levels, it becomes deadly, and you won't be "surviving" too much. I was using them to illustrate how misleading it is to label something toxic while not knowing how toxicity is generally measured.

It is classified as a severe poison. Is oxygen classified as a severe poison?

Pure fluoride is classified as that. Extreme concentrations of oxygen are also, so yes.

Again, it's determined by dosage, and in this case, concentration. Fluoridated water is nowhere close to be comparable to a brick of sodium fluoride. It's like comparing a sparkler to a flamethrower.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by juniperberry
Well in this day and age I have to "pick and choose my poisons" so I choose to drop fluoride off my list for the time being..as well as SLA.

And I made a rule that if I can't pronounce it or has anything that looks like a petroleum product, it definitely doesn't come anywhere near me. I even shudder at mineral oil.

Now if we can only stop them from adding bleach to our city water...

Hi JP i used to live in N.Vancouver and drank tap water with no problems. I don't know if thats the best idea but i knew that they did not use fluoride. Could smell a hint of beach in in large amounts of water like a tub. Maybe thats why my Camal back hydration system never needed to be cleaned lol.

Where i am at now i only drink the best bottled water i can find.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Fluoride is a corrosive poison that will produce serious effects on a
long range basis. Any attempt to use water this way is deplorable."
- Dr. Charles Gordon Heyd, Past President of the American Medical Association.

In recent years, several dentists who have testified on the anti-fluoridation side have been reprimanded by their state dental officers. If a dentist speaks out against fluoridation, he could lose his license. This is professional and scientific censorship.

"That the artificial fluoridation of public water supplies, such as is contemplated by [Houston] City Ordinance No. 80-2530, may cause or may contribute to the cause of cancer, genetic damage, intolerant reactions, and chronic toxicity, including dental mottling, in man; that the said artificial fluoridation may aggravate malnutrition and existing illnesses in man; and that the value of said artificial fluoridation is in doubt as to the reduction of tooth decay in man." - Judge Farris

The widely read analysis is known as the Natick Report. The panel of doctors and scientists made 12 very specific recommendations. In summary, the scientists "emphatically" recommended the water supply "not be fluoridated." Their analysis also concluded a host of other medical problems may ensue from artificially fluoridating the water.

In 1993, the Environmental Studies and Toxicology Board of the National Research Council (NRC) reported that fluoridation of municipal drinking water supplies may result in dental fluorosis in about 10% of the population. You have a 1 in 10 chance of experiencing tooth damage from water fluoridation!!

The chemicals used for fluoridation are not high purity, pharmaceutical quality products. Rather they are byproducts of aluminum and fertilizer manufacturing and contain a high concentration of toxins and heavy metals such as arsenic, lead and chromium. All proven to be carcinogens.

www.nofluoride.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Here's a funny story about fluoride, I grew up in a small town in Nova Scotia. Less then 800 people small, and we drank well water from the water table. Our dentist actually gave my mom fluoride in liquid form to dose us with. I never really understood that, the purest water I've ever tasted needed a shot of the good stuff...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
flouride eats holes in your brain
the nazis and the russians put it in the water to keep the prisoners docile
the serotonin reuptake inhibitors are often floride compounds.
ezinearticles.com...

by all means take two, they are small

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

Hi Great Day!

Well you're not missing much in the way of tap water.. it still smells like a swimming pool... makes me wonder exactly what is wrong with it..

I try to run it through carbon before I drink it but it doesn't make much difference.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Thanks Dan, I didn't realize the uses on food stores.

I just read this statement tonight also:

"No fluoride advocate ever discusses how much fluoride is already being consumed in the food and beverages we drink. If they did, the truth would be known that we already consume excessive amounts of fluoride from our diets. The need for water fluoridation would be unnecessary."

"For example, if you have cereal with milk and a Coke, you have overdosed on fluoride. You have exceeded the American Dental Association's recommended daily dose by over 130%."

"Many juices our children drink are loaded with fluoride, just look at the list and you can see for yourself. A number of laboratory analysis are available."

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by the cynic jester

I miss the well at our old place, that was good water also. When we sell this place, the wife and I are going to buy a country place with a well again.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The 'Greys' need flouride.

That's all I'm willing to say.

Peace

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Who would have though my little home city would be featured in a thread on ats?!? lol Well actually I live in kitchener which is right next to Waterloo (practically the same city), although i spend the majority of my time in Waterloo because thats where I work and where my girlfriend lives. Kitchener voted fluoride out of their water supply back in the 70's which I am very thankful for because I didnt have to grow up drinking and being hit hard by the softkill weapon.

edit on 21-11-2010 by 5thDimensionalBeing because: edit to add video.

edit on 21-11-2010 by 5thDimensionalBeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If you guys dont want fluoride in your water i would recommend investing in a reverse osmosis system. thats what we use where i live as well as a 5 filter system and the water is delicious. i think Jasons and Toms natural products both have fluorideless toothpaste which is awesome. has anyone else read that fluoride is a byproduct of steel smelting? I dont remember where i read it and dont want to dig. peace and love

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by thetruedank

fertilizer produiction
if they didn't put it in the water they would have to pay to dispose of it as a toxic waste

Like the prozac people are peeing out, and with all the lawn watering that runs into the lakes, it is becoming
unavoidable....you can't filter your fish, or your orange juice, or wash it OUT of the cell structure of you food.

But it does cause discolourization of your teeth which your dentist can remove...
at 100 bucks a session. or what ever
If I was a dentist I'd recommend that too....
Flouride causes cottages, and swimming pools,...and a second care for the wife....

edit on 21-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2010 by Danbones because: flourid really interfears with punctuation and spellin

edit on 21-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Don't forget about Calcuim and Mercury.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Pharmaceutical Grade fluoride is put in toothpaste. And then it has a warning not to swallow it and if you do to call a Poison Control Center.

TECHNICAL GRADE fluoride is what is put in public water systems.

What is Technical Grade?

-- “Not suitable for use in food or medicine of any kind”--

It is a tool Governments use to lower crime, dumb down citizens.

www.scribd.com/doc/24655989/Fluoridation-Mass-Medication

Equipment has failures, what happens if the fluoride was accidentally all released at once into the Public Water System? There is a Federal Law prohibiting Public Water System employees from informing you that the water is NOT safe to drink. You can find it in the US Code Cornell website. Punishment is a felony.

When they started using lots of Chlorine in Washington DC a few years ago it ate the lead pipes and become TOXIC from too much lead. They didn't tell the public for 2 years. You can google it now and find the stories...

Don't drink public water. If you took Technical Grade Fluoride and dumped it in a lake you would have committed a felony. If it ain't safe for the fish in a lake...it's not safe for humans.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Pharmaceutical Grade fluoride is put in toothpaste

They usually put sodium fluoride in toothpaste.

And then it has a warning not to swallow it and if you do to call a Poison Control Center.

Yeah, as in depending on the individual, among other factors, it may not be a great idea to start eating toothpaste.

TECHNICAL GRADE fluoride is what is put in public water systems.

Sodium fluoride is also used in water supplies.

What is Technical Grade?

It's irrelevant regardless as it is not what they fluoridate the water supply with.

It is a tool Governments use to lower crime, dumb down citizens.

Fluoride will not do anything like this, especially at the current concentrations.

Equipment has failures, what happens if the fluoride was accidentally all released at once into the Public Water System?

I'd imagine there are safety measures put in place to stop this from happening, but let's say it does happen, what of it? It's called an accident for a reason. Should we ban airbags because they sometimes end up killing people too? Ban electricity because a power-line "may" fall and electrocute someone? Ban water because someone can drink too much and die? (Water Intoxication)

Don't drink public water.

Fluoride occurs naturally and can be in drastically higher concentrations depending on where you are getting the water from. For example, earlier in this thread, I mentioned naturally occurring fluoride in India being the leading cause of skeletal fluorosis as it's in an incredibly high concentration in their water.

If you took Technical Grade Fluoride and dumped it in a lake you would have committed a felony.

If by technical grade fluoride, you mean 'more or less' impure than they should be, yeah, that may not be a smart thing to do.

If it ain't safe for the fish in a lake...it's not safe for humans.

You failed to mention the specifics of the fluoride you were using as an example and how much of it was being dumped which makes determining toxicity near impossible unless I was psychic, and I'm not.
edit on 22-11-2010 by Whyhi because: Grammatical errors

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join