It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there life on ATS after being caught in a lie?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Someone told a lie on the internet? Now I just can't believe that!

Just Kidding, I see no harm done.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
If you had deliberately mislead with a hoax thread I would say there was no way back.
However, I don't think your the only person who has exaggerated slightly to try and make a point or add a bit of crediblity.
I suspect that for some the so called experts can appear quite intimidating at times here on ATS but i'm sure that's unintentional and it's just part and parcel of being a member here and discussing things with people from differennt backgrounds and experiences etc.

Judging by the course of action you've taken I'm sure you'll be fine.

Good luck with the degree, I hope to complete mine one day.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I agree with most of the members here and I will guarantee that you have earned the respect of the members of ATS or at least a vast majority. Yes there will be those who won't agree with you and your reason for coming clean, but don't worry about them. Just for coming clean you have earned a S&F from me. Just do one thing and that is you know what you did wrong you came clean just try not to do it again( I am sure you won't).Thank you for being honest with us, because that is something you don't get very often. Thank you again.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This tale of deceit has broken every single term and condition in the book, may god have mercy on your soul.

Not only have you shown a flagrant disregard for the common values held since the dawn of mankind but to seemingly boast about how you achieved it is beyond the pale my friend..

Man! I knew you were low but the truth is...........I was shocked!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Bud,don't be yourself up about a lie that it seems only you knew about.

ATS is like a dog.

So many people come here nobody remembers what someone said on here yesterday.

Now lets talk about the T&C violation you committed by creating another screen name..........

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Many thanks folks. I admit it could seem over the top to some people that I created a thread about this. For me, it clears the air and helps me move past my own annoyance at myself.

Re: change of screen name - as soon as I'd done that I made it clear on a mod-created thread (about the general nature of ATS) and accordingly my old account was blocked. I swapped U2Us about it with the staff member concerned and it all seems above board as I never interacted with my 'old persona'.

I only link back to my old persona now because I shared a load of stuff about my life experience which I wouldn't want to 'lose' from who I am on the boards if that makes sense. I'd like to be able to refer back to some of the topics I discussed in that persona - heck it just makes me feel better to know that there's no synthetic barrier between the two 'personalities' any more.

In fact, that's one thing I noticed clearly - you can't change who you are - no matter how hard you try to adapt your posting habits, the same personality generally comes through after time. So hopefully I'm not too much of a dusch, and yeah apologies if I sound like a whiny kid. I'm not a kid (most assuredly) and I just wanted to make sure that if I was to present any research in the future, that it wouldn't be laughed/shunned out of the playground!

All the best and thanks for the positive replies.

I will now proceed to stalk all of you as 'new bestest friends'. *creepy and sinister laugh*

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
This is the internet. I try to give every post the benefit of the doubt while keeping it in the back of my mind that it could be complete bull#. And IF it's obviously complete bull#, I either laugh at it or ignore it unless I feel targeted by it for the purpose of aggravating me or trying to make me feel bad. That's when I start calling out trolls.

I don't make up stuff online but I know a lot of it is creative writing and I don't care... as long as people keep their ill defined hatred of me to themselves, if that be the case for whatever strange reason I can't identify.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Actually... I DO make up stuff online but I feel the jokes and sarcasms are obvious.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Don't feel bad, you came clean and that matters alot to many. My situation is a
bit worse than yours, I studied Industrial Energy Electronics in Europe which
used to be Electronic Engineering in the 50's and 60's but is now only considered
a technician (vocational course). Did the law's of physics change since then
or just the politics?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Anybody ever accuse you of over-thinking an issue?
Give yourself a break. Understand that this long discourse of your "sin" and begging for redemption is just another aspect of your wanting to fit in. Get ahold of who you are and stop looking for approval from others. You ain't going to get it, as the odds go, on ATS.

Play the threads as you will, but not with one eye toward whether others will hold you up to be a superior or even their equal. More than likely, it won't happen. Because in a larger sense it doesn't matter.

If it matters, I respect you for owning up to the fact that you told a harmless lie. Now forget it. I have.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Years of being here have told me that the closer you get to the truth, the closer you are imbedded with lies... that's it...

It's been my experience that after a while Rational thought and common sense are become a rarity the deeper down the rabbit hole you go...

You will find that if you connect the dots... the:

1)Illuminati are a lie... a tool for the elite.
2)Elite Masons but the prison guards of humanity...
3)The Government but an Artificial Intelligent Entity that Sacrifices its humanity for the sake of keeping the status quo alive.
4)The CIA but a tool for laundering money and the glue for a UN NWO unification
4)FEMA but an American SS
5)UN but a government within a gov't within a gov't
6)The Swiss but the biggest player's within the spectrum of control... AKA If you guys want to call them the Knights Templar... why do you think the Pope has the Swiss Guard... Duh'
7)Bankers controlling toilet paper money for resources....
to name a few

Bottom line... if your not careful on ATS you start living a Lie in your search for Truth...

I can honestly say this after watching the most intelligent members of ATS go down the same path that they no longer see themselves being part of the conspiracy but somehow countering it.

No greater allie than the hero that doesn't realize he's the villan

Best Regards

Fox

"I don't just believe it, I've seen it with my own eye's"
edit on 11/20/2010 by FoxStriker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

edit on 20-11-2010 by confused.kom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I dropped into the thread that I held an engineering degree.
This isn't true.
I am working towards a BEng

Forgive me if I play Gandhi, but I know a way out of ATS hell.

You have made a claim. Make it true. Once you have the degree you claimed to have, scan it and post a copy here with date and school of graduation.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I don't know the full extent of the lie- just what you posted here. It appears that you totally embellished your credentials and mislead those whom you respect.

If I were you, I would (since the Mod allowed a reinstatement and a revamping of your persona) get rid of "Fly" that you obviously came up with while feeling the guilt of this situation (it screams that more trouble is on the way)

Resizing your avatar to 160x240, as ATS specifies.

You are a high level student that obviously has good values, coupled with aspersions that are too uncommon. You know what it will take to regain trust from all those involved and I think you just took the first step.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Honestly your way to hard on yourself...........Take a look around this place......We have a guy on here named "Inchworm" that sleeps with another man every night Named "Rod". Who swears to all that is Holy he's not gay.

PFFFT....your small potatos

However I for one appreciate your display of character.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

your punishment?....10 knock-knock jokes, and a bottle of scotch drank in my honor. by the way, the ancient astronaut theory has more validity than the various religions being practiced around the world today. the findings at the many archeological digs, are forming a very rational, and reasonable picture of that theory.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Kudos to you for the courage to come forward and set things right!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

Nice critique! One detail I would like to clarify is that I don't actually hold in high esteem some of the members who were involved in the thread in question. In certain cases (it would be unfair to name names) I couldn't give two hoots about what they think, as my perception of them is solid and reinforced every time I see one of their posts...

It is only now, in the future relative to when the lie occurred that I have been concerned about whether the people around these forums had been conscious of my error/ 'sin'. Members I respect and admire are plenty; it is them that I wanted to placate if possible. And yes, I agree that it is important to make continued efforts to make amends.

Members I can hardly stand are few and far between, but they exist. They don't care what I think of them and I don't care what they think of me... Hooray! We can all hate each other in peace

Closing thoughts? They say that a guilty conscience is the cause of 90% of paranoia. The other 10% is because they really are watching you!!!

Much love to all - even the ones I hate. I hate nobody in actuality, just find some people difficult to get along with...

I'm starting to get annoyed with the sound of my own voice, so I'm happy for this thread to be done with unless anyone wishes to add anything else in closing? Thanks for all the replies and support, and for the reminders of the importance of being honest... Glad to be clean and clear!

And to some, I LOL'd at your suggestions. Excellent dry wit was demonstrated!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Wherever it is, whenever it is, Its always good to come clean about something that has been bothering you.
Im quite new around here so I dont know about that thread, but good on you.
Now you feel a weight of your shoulders?
I love that feeling S&F

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Forgive and forget.... you've got the forgiveness of the members for lying. Don't forget to forgive yourself if you hold any judgement there. Freedom comes from forgiving our selves - not only for lying on forums, but for absolutely everything you judge your self for.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join