It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWSWEEK cover portrays Obama as Hindu god Shiva

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I blog'd about this and got thousands of hits

mikephilbin.blogspot.com...

but, as this story seems to have been SCRUBBED FROM THE NET since yesterday, it's either a HOAX or TPTB didn't want that cover being released prior to JFK-assassination day 2010.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike Philbin

What makes you think it's been "scrubbed from the net"?

www.nwsub.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I just came from Barnes and Nobels. (I actually could get out today! YIPEE!)
Saw the magazine cover. It was actually clever.
The Hindu gods are shown with many arms to signify that they can do many things.
It was a form of picture-word for the people who can't read to help them understand the religion.
That's how it was explained to me by a college prof. I had. (he was Hindu).

Newsweek is notoriously left and I thought it a bit odd that they did it. It was clever. But odd. By odd I mean that they are so far left, I'm surprised they admitted that their fella can't do the job. Wonder if this is prep for Hillary to come in 2012.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

News week is ignorant they could of imulated an octupus and got the same message across...
2nd

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It's very strange, IMO. Shiva the Destroyer??? Wow - plus the subtitle "God of all things?" and then questioning that he can handle it at a time when his competence is very much in question ... it's interesting to say the least. Frankly, I think it is part of the take-down.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

BH,

excellent, that's EXACTLY the url I was looking for - and with others' testimony that that is the cover for the JFK-assassination release date of 2010 - like, wow!

what arrogance, what brinksmanship on the part of MSM.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike Philbin

I don't get what it has to do with JFK's assassination date... I'm lost on that reference.

And who are you saying is arrogant? The MSM? Sorry, I don't get that, either. I feel a bit lost.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Yes the image does seem like copied from Lord Shiva's image. It's very wrong imo.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
You guys are gonna LOVE this!

Shiva is the god of the yogis, self-controlled and celibate, while at the same time a lover of his spouse (shakti). Lord Shiva is the destroyer of the world, following Brahma the creator and Vishnu the preserver, after which Brahma again creates the world and so on. Shiva is responsible for change both in the form of death and destruction and in the positive sense of destroying the ego, the false identification with the form.

Hindu Gods
edit on 11/18/2010 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

You completely avoided the good part why is Shiva known as destroyer of world because - from you're own link

Shiva is responsible for change both in the form of death and destruction and in the positive sense of destroying the ego, the false identification with the form.

That is why he is known as God of destruction. He destroys falsehood and evil. Not only that

In the Mahabharata, Shiva is depicted as "the standard of invincibility, might, and terror", as well as a figure of honor, delight, and brilliance.

en.wikipedia.org...

In the image it shows Tandava dance. This dance does not only represent destruction but also other things such as preservation, creation and dissolution.

According to Hindu mythology, Shiva’s Tandava is a vigorous dance that is the source of the cycle of creation, preservation and dissolution.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by I AM LEGION
You completely avoided the good part why is Shiva known as destroyer of world because - from you're own link

Yes I did. That's because I was making a joke.

I don't know why NEWSWEEK has Obama on the cover as Shiva, but I think it's funny that people are getting upset about it. As if Obama wants to be portrayed as a god and he's all full of himself or something. As if he had ANYTHING to do with it. I don't know why this bothers anyone. So I was making fun...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
People need to look into this a little more
This could be something similar to a secret society using symbolism to lay certain things out in the open
ShivJi is both the destroyer and the creator
The creator because in hinduism it is believed that one who destroys also creates

For Obama it might mean destroy the economy and the country and rebuild it in his own vision
People should think of it in this manner

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The elite know what they're doing. Shiva is the bringer of destruction and this symbolizes the power she has.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Looks like this prediction of Obama being Shiva the god of destruction is comming true.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join