It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWSWEEK cover portrays Obama as Hindu god Shiva

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

NEWSWEEK cover portrays Obama as Hindu god Shiva

www.drudgereport.com

Why the modern presidency may be too much for one person to handle
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1bd67fee2539.png[/atsimg]
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 11/18/2010 by Alaskan Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ok this is just ridiculous, god of all things? really? REALLY?

wow

Has a president ever been portrayed like this before? to me it seems so wrong. but maybe i am over reacting (don’t think I am though...)

Ats requires me to have more to say here but there really isn’t much I can think of, please forgive the rambling here I am just trying to reach the minimum amount of words required to post this news.

www.drudgereport.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
To me the cover seems to be poking at the notion of a different form of government.

Saying the presidency might be too much for one man seems to say more than the picture itself. It is as if Newsweek is hinting that our form of government is outdated. It is as if they are pointing to a larger government, a much larger government.

To me the wording they use seems more tragic than any picture. The idea seems scary, sort of like a New World Order.

Raist

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I wish I didn't have to use abbreviation but seriously...

WTF?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

i completely agree.

i will admit i didn’t notice the phrase at first on the bottom corner and went to edited my post before anyone read it to state that i felt basically as you just said, but than my boss walked in to talk for a couple mins and i had to put it on the back burner.

I will say now though, that i did not notice the text in the bottom left corner at first and i apologize for jumping the gun, i was just floored by a president being referred to as a god.

But it would seem the actual message is a little more haunting, are they suggesting that we need to change to a different system, one more controlled by god knows who?

(well its all ready controlled by the shadow government so probably just them haha)

one last thing, i find it odd how he’s holding a military chopper in one hand, a dove (symbol for peace) in another, the world in another, a stethoscope in yet another and than a house and money in the last two. (cryptic)

edit on 11/18/2010 by Alaskan Man because: typo

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It isn’t any coincidence. Obama has been portrayed as some God since he was elected. The famous Obama Halo. See pictures below.

www.americanthinker.com...
blogs.thestate.com...
3.bp.blogspot.com...
2.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

This makes absolutely NO sense...

Shiva is a Hindu god, not a Muslim god...

link   
He just visited India which has a large Hindu population, so Newsweek is just trying to tap into that. It's not a conspiracy - it's a creative cover design team doing their jobs: Sell More Magazines! Get more website visits!
edit on 18-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

link   

Hi AM,

The DR link on their page just reloads their own page and the only other place I found this when searching the terms: Newsweek "Obama God of All Things" is on Freeper and other like minded blogs/forums ... it's not coming up on Newsweek's own site.

Not saying it's not true just trying to make sure it is before commenting.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

yes i noticed that too, thats why i just have drudge linked and no other site, it could be fake, but i have noticed sometimes drudge posts things and than doesnt post the proper link for a little while, it might be a technical error, give it some time, if its not fixed or confirmed as legitimate than it is a hoax and i will ask the mods to move it to the hoax bin and apologize for my mistake.
edit on 11/18/2010 by Alaskan Man because: grr typos!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

This is a video of children singing praise to Obama, very weird!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well, I was ready to get a bit dismayed there but I see that the image isn't like Lord Shiva atall except in the vaguest sense. Looks like they probably intended it to be, but standing on one foot is where any resemblance to Nataraja really ends.

Too many arms btw.

peace
J
edit on 18-11-2010 by skjalddis because: typo

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Madison avenue must be all into new age sort of thing you would think?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
God of Failure is more like it. The man is far from any kind of God.
They should re-title the article "Clueless of All Things" or maybe "Puppet of All Things".

Newsweek, one of 95% of published media that kisses Obama's bottom, has to make an excuse now for his failure to live up to his promises...."Oh, but we're living in a new era now, where one man can't possibly handle all these responsibilities." It's Newsweek's way of saying "Yeah, he sucks, but we're gonna back him anyway because the higher ups around here demand it." Funny how every president previous to Mr. Clueless has handled the job fine.....and interesting to note Obama is the first president to really take advantage of blaming all his present problems on the guy before him. Seems like it's just another glorified case of the black man blaming the white man for all his problems.

The truth is the country and the American people aren't fooled. The election proved thus.
The media needs to give up their brainwashing. No matter how much they hit us with "Obama's great", the true reality is reflected in the economy, the house foreclosures, the staggering/continuing unemployment, the bailouts, etc, etc, etc.

Worst president ever.
edit on 18-11-2010 by rocknroll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Exactly. I am disgusted but not surprised by the cover, since Obama views himself that way, as do his minions.
His nickname is "The Messiah" for a reason.....

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Don't they think that it would be more likely to cause offence?

2nd line

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
reply to post by wonderworld

Exactly. I am disgusted but not surprised by the cover, since Obama views himself that way, as do his minions.
His nickname is "The Messiah" for a reason.....

For a while there I thought all the Obama the Savior/antichrist was old news. I hope they arent trying to tell us something. Were on to them.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I don't think you guys get it...

They aren't literally calling Obama the god of all things. They are calling the US Presidents (all of them) the god of all things. It is a joke about how much control one person (any president not just Obama) has over the world/country, and how it may be to much for one person.

It's funny, on ATS people take serious things humorously, and humorous things too seriously.

edit on 18-11-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Hi AM,

The DR link on their page just reloads their own page and the only other place I found this when searching the terms: Newsweek "Obama God of All Things" is on Freeper and other like minded blogs/forums ... it's not coming up on Newsweek's own site.

Yeah, I found the same thing. The article is posted on the Newsweek website but no picture matching this cover picture.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Hi AM,

Yeah, I found the same thing. The article is posted on the Newsweek website but no picture matching this cover picture.

It's 100% real: Check this Newsweek URL

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join