It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWSWEEK cover portrays Obama as Hindu god Shiva

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Oh what a bunch a crock!

Those media dinosaurs are now making excuses for Obama because they know he is losing it and is getting ready to crack under pressure.

He needs to learn how to just let criticism slide off and not take it personally, another lesson he could learn from Bush.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Well this image could be imply to many Hindu religious figures. I know God's and Goddess of all shapes and sizes have been made of before. So where's the beef?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Ah, well found.

Well, this will make Newsweek a relevant publication for about a week simply on account of bustering folks' outrage knobs ... then, back to journalistic obscurity. I guess what we're observing is the last ethical throws of print media fighting for survival and relevancy ... a little controversy before they're taken over by 'The Daily Beast'. The article btw is also terrible.

edit on 18 Nov 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
To the uninitiated, this is just a joke. This is very esoteric and Obama has been called a god by Farrakhan declaring him the Messiah, Oprah calling him the "One" and now this. You see this all the time and the uninitiated doesn't get it. This is why they can say and do these things in the open because they know that those who don't know will defend them.

This is steeped in a far left progressive movement, Black Liberation Theology and the Nation of Islam.

Obama is like another W.D. Fard. A mixed Messiah. In Black Liberation Theology, he's a Christ type figure because he's understands the oppressed and he's in a position of power.

See, they say Jesus was the first lynching. Therefore. a black man in a position of power like the President can bring about "collective salvation." Which Obama has said several times.

See, America represents the white power structure. So Obama is supposed to destroy America and then transform and change America.

People should have asked Obama about Black Liberation Theology during the campaign and does he agree with James Cone. They went after Romney for being a Mormon but nobody asked about Black Liberation Theology or collective salvation because they were too busy calling him "the one."
edit on 18-11-2010 by Matrix Rising because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Makes me almost as mad as seeing a Mohammad cartoon! Or seeing a poppy being burned on Remembrance day! Outraged, I am!

Seriously, what is the article about? Does that matter?

reply to post by Matrix Rising

You get an A+ in conspiracies!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
You guys are gonna LOVE this!

Shiva is the god of the yogis, self-controlled and celibate, while at the same time a lover of his spouse (shakti). Lord Shiva is the destroyer of the world, following Brahma the creator and Vishnu the preserver, after which Brahma again creates the world and so on. Shiva is responsible for change both in the form of death and destruction and in the positive sense of destroying the ego, the false identification with the form.

Hindu Gods
edit on 11/18/2010 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Alaska,

Regardless of the lunacy of the picture on the cover there lies a manipulative plan by mass media elsewhere.

Begining a couple of days ago, many major media outlets (all which have been very supportive of BHO) have begun asking the question: Is the presidency to big a job for one man?

Funny how this question has never arisen before. This is spin control at it's very best. After the drubbing the dems took on November 2nd. the major media outlets are beside themselves trying to explain the will of the American voter.

Unfortunately these media type are so out of touch with the mainstream they appear to be beyond help. Their infatuation with this man has clouded their respective judgements and as a result their ratings have plummeted across the board.

Continue to keep your ears out for more fabrication about the scope of the job of president. This new catch phrase, or branding I like to call it will be hammered to death until some loyal subjects begin to think: "You know, this may be too big a job for one person!"

I would conclude if BHO would spend a little time in his office rather than campaigning for the past 4 months, multiple overseas trips, broadway shows, 56 rounds of golf, and enough time to write a lame book, perhaps then we would have an actual barometer to identify whether this is indeed too big a job for one person.

I contend the job is only too big for this particular man.

Becker
edit on 18-11-2010 by Becker44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44

I contend the job is only too big for this particular man.

Awesome analysis, Becker! What do you think their motive for promoting the "job too big for one man" meme? Are they just making excuses for BO (or BS; both appropriate) or are they going to try to roll some kind of committee to help ...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I can't take credit for the following...someone else posted it on some other web-site.

Al Gore, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama go to heaven... God addresses Al first... ''Al, what do you believe in?'' Al replies: "Well, I believe that I won that election, but that it was your will that I did not serve. I've come to understand that now.'' God thinks for a second and says: "Very good. Come and sit at my left.'' God then addresses Bill. "Bill, what do you believe in?'' Bill replies: "I believe in forgiveness. I've sinned, but I've never held a grudge against my fellow man, and I hope no grudges are held against me.'' God thinks for a second and says: "You are forgiven, my son. Come and sit at my right.'' Then God addresses Barack. "Barack, what do you believe in?'' He replies: "I believe you're in my chair."

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Shiva - Destroyer of the world, how apropo.

All those arms and I bet he still couldn't throw a fastball.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Aug 2/2010 Newsweek was sold for $1.oo.

And someone overpaid.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I saw this today and thought that it looked similar. Obama is just the puppet.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
They would have printed that with any presidents face on it even if it wasnt obama. And theyre not portraying him as shiva. Its just showing how much stuff the presidents nowadays have to do.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Perhaps it has something to do with his trip to India.. also, Shiva is not the only Hindu god portrayed with six arms.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
He just visited India which has a large Hindu population, so Newsweek is just trying to tap into that. It's not a conspiracy - it's a creative cover design team doing their jobs: Sell More Magazines! Get more website visits!
edit on 18-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

Rightly said

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I'm wondering if this is in any way connected with Maitreya.

I've been watching this maitreya character for a while now and the adverts on CNN are pretty creepy. Is CNN and Newsweek owned by the same company by any chance ?

www.youtube.com... ( this is just the advert on CNN but there are a ton of videos about this figure )

I'm open-minded , but if obama is maitreya , and maitreya is the missing link / last piece of the jigsaw / savious / messiah for many religions , he also would fit the antichrist template too , and the interesting part of that is................

The antichrist suffered a head wound from which he recovered. The Bible speaks of authority / power when it refers to the head in that way.

Damaged Authority.

just thinking out loud............

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
HOLY @$#$% That is crazy.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

What I get out of the picture is that it is mocking people who think that one man can handle everything, that one man is responsible for all the wrong, its as if in the picture, he only has one leg to stand on because he is trying to juggle all the issues that america has right now. So in my opinion, overall message is one man cant be god, he cant do everything.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Wow they just keep claiming Obama's a God.

He's a false prophet. He stated half of America is his enemy. Not since Abraham Lincoln have we had a President that labeled half the country as his enemy.

This man has been working against our very existence and is not a God. Well he is a God to the other countries because our national wealth has bailed out every country.....just not the American people. So I have to concede he is a God to some people....just not Americans.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This looked, to me, like a purposeful attempt at implanting a meme into the public psyche that we needed a different sort of government to handle the power at the top - a triumvirate, military leadership, increase the power of the VP, something. It wasn't clear really, but I am sure if they get the meme going that they have some solution they can pull out ready to throw on the table.

I resented it in a lot of ways.

Obama is not on my like list, but that wasn't fair to portray him like that, as he has had problems enough with religious portrayals. It wasn't fair to the office of the president, and it just didn't seem very American- if you're an American that likes the constitution. It seemed disrespectful to Hindus as well, though they don't blow stuff up like another religious group when they feel their religion's been mocked.

Lastly, I kept thinking that the presidency is fine, it's Congress who should be doing more. I haven't got that issue yet, but I hope they at least explore that. All these executive orders are out of hand.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join