It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you have to lie most of the time?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
does anyone else find that to live everyday life it is more and more necessary to tell lies all the time?

I seem to be drowning in lies

for example, I get coughing/choking/breathing fits and have discovered that 4 tablets of nurofen plus a day keeps me breathing ok

the doctor dismissed my coughing/breathing/choking as being a panic attack and told me they are alledged attacks [in other words I have reached the limit of what the doctor knows so he is dismissing it as being psychological in nature and not worth his attention]

now in Australia medication containing codeine is regulated and has to be sold from behind the counter at the chemist shop and they have to question you before agreeing to sell it to you

because it is a pain medication and not supposed to be for choking/breathing/coughing fits the pharmacist has refused to sell it to me so now when I go to get another box I lie and say it is because I have carpal tunnel syndrome

and that is just 1 example of the lies I have to keep telling every day in everything I do

do you too find that the simplest things require elaborate lies from you just to get on with every day life?

and when was the onset of these coughing/breathing/coughing fits? right after I was given a tetanus shot after a car accident. I did not agree to have the tetanus shot and no doctors pay the slightest attention that ever since then I have been experiencing these debilitating coughing/choking/breathing fits.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
When you don't lie people get hurt. So I usually grunt most of the time instead of answering yes or no.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Become a member of parliament...its compulsory..

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
i just feel we are over-governed and there are regulations for every little thing and if you are 100%honest all the time you are just making things too difficult for yourself

like I have a toyota van with seats and the government wants me to pay $800-00 so that the car can be registered for private use

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by megabyte

So to get cough syrup with codeine you have to have carpal tunnel?

To answer the question no. I don't lie. I either don't say anything at all or I tell the truth.

Maybe not lying to work the system when it suits me is one reason I hate the system so much.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
i recently heard of an 80 year old woman adopting a dumped kitten and bonding with the kitten for 4 months at which time she took it to the vet to have it de sexed

as soon as the vet heard it was a dumped kitten the woman was told the kitten has to be taken to the metropolitan animal shelter but it will be returned to her in 7 days de sexed

the metropolitan animal shelter put the kitten down [we presume by mistake] and the woman is heart broken

she would have been so much better off if she lied and said the kitten was given to her by a neighbour

too much laws and regulations and you just have to lie to get the simplest things done

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

So to get cough syrup with codeine you have to have carpal tunnel?

To answer the question no. I don't lie. I either don't say anything at all or I tell the truth.

Maybe not lying to work the system when it suits me is one reason I hate the system so much.

not cough syrup - i get the ibuprofen and codeine tablets

and I hate the system because I am forced to lie

I have illegal cats too - the governemnt has laws about that here so I have to lie that these cats dont exist. I used to be a breeder and when I stopped breeding cats I de sexed the mothers and they are my pets until they die. But that is against the law here so I have to lie or these cats will be taken away from me. I dont have a choice.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

That's horrible they have to be hidden away like Anne Frank. What a world.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by megabyte
does anyone else find that to live everyday life it is more and more necessary to tell lies all the time?

I seem to be drowning in lies

for example, I get coughing/choking/breathing fits and have discovered that 4 tablets of nurofen plus a day keeps me breathing ok

the doctor dismissed my coughing/breathing/choking as being a panic attack and told me they are alledged attacks [in other words I have reached the limit of what the doctor knows so he is dismissing it as being psychological in nature and not worth his attention]

now in Australia medication containing codeine is regulated and has to be sold from behind the counter at the chemist shop and they have to question you before agreeing to sell it to you

because it is a pain medication and not supposed to be for choking/breathing/coughing fits the pharmacist has refused to sell it to me so now when I go to get another box I lie and say it is because I have carpal tunnel syndrome

and that is just 1 example of the lies I have to keep telling every day in everything I do

do you too find that the simplest things require elaborate lies from you just to get on with every day life?

and when was the onset of these coughing/breathing/coughing fits? right after I was given a tetanus shot after a car accident. I did not agree to have the tetanus shot and no doctors pay the slightest attention that ever since then I have been experiencing these debilitating coughing/choking/breathing fits.

Ok first off to answer your question...i try my hardest not to lie and to say that i never lie would be a lie...

Secondly, i wouldnt take 4 tablets of Nurofen Plus everyday. Ibuprofen in continued use can cause a lot of problems and if by any chance you have developed Asthma or anoth lung related disorder you should discontinue Ibuprofen...

I would go to a second doctor that you havent seen before and explian your situation to him, tell him about the coughing fits and that Nurofen helps it and you want tests done on your lungs and throat to see if there is a problem.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I lived like that until 17, since then i just say things openly, like things like i do not fancy females, it does upset peopel, but why should i let them bother me.

Lying is something important to live in this society, but i do not do it, and you can see from my posts, i am very blunt, and i do just say it.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

That's horrible they have to be hidden away like Anne Frank. What a world.

not exactly

I have my whole back yard cat proofed and my cats roam the backyard and the house

s116.photobucket.com...

I had 11 cats and am down to 7 as some died from old age and will in time be down to the regulation 2 cats

if i have them all contained so they dont bother anyone, why cant I let these cats live the rest of their life with me?

we simply are over-governed

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

I lived like that until 17, since then i just say things openly, like things like i do not fancy females, it does upset peopel, but why should i let them bother me.

Lying is something important to live in this society, but i do not do it, and you can see from my posts, i am very blunt, and i do just say it.

yes that works for some things and then there are the things that the government has so many regulations you drown in it and you still cannot get the simplest thing done

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
You do not HAVE TO lie.

Go to the doctor and get a prescription for the drugs you say work for you.

I am one of the very few people I've ever known who hate lying and dishonesty so much that I choose to be totally honest.. no matter the consequences.

If I am asked a question I do not wish to answer I simply do not answer... in many cases the information is not something the questioner needs to know. Yep. I was taught that all information is on a need to know basis only, so that is how I operate.

If I am about to say something that will most likely offend a person, then I will tell them that at the beginning.. how they deal with it is their issue, not mine.

Being totally honest is a hard walk in life when it appears the rest of the world is happy to live dishonestly and even pushes dishonesty as how we should be. Pfft to that!

I do not get caught in the situations like, "Does my butt look big in this?". If it does I will say it isn't flattering.. the truth.. and then it is up to them what they do with that information. If it is used to begin an argument I refuse to step onto the battle field. Instead I point out the issue underlying these dependant behaviours causing a person to seek some form of self-gratification from me.... a ploy too often used by immature adults seeking to feel better about themselves.

Lying does not help them.. it causes them to take another step into dishonesty and denial about their shape and what they can do to improve things for themselves.

Because of this I have reduced the number of people I know to be Friends to only three people. These three do not lie to me, and so I know I can trust them to be themselves at all times.

Lastly, I 've seen all the "But what if's?" in previous versions of this thread and have to say that very few people will ever be in such positions like hiding Jews from the Nazi's etc. So these what if's do not apply to our cuurent world experience.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
You do not HAVE TO lie.

Go to the doctor and get a prescription for the drugs you say work for you.

I am one of the very few people I've ever known who hate lying and dishonesty so much that I choose to be totally honest.. no matter the consequences.

If I am asked a question I do not wish to answer I simply do not answer... in many cases the information is not something the questioner needs to know. Yep. I was taught that all information is on a need to know basis only, so that is how I operate.

If I am about to say something that will most likely offend a person, then I will tell them that at the beginning.. how they deal with it is their issue, not mine.

Being totally honest is a hard walk in life when it appears the rest of the world is happy to live dishonestly and even pushes dishonesty as how we should be. Pfft to that!

I do not get caught in the situations like, "Does my butt look big in this?". If it does I will say it isn't flattering.. the truth.. and then it is up to them what they do with that information. If it is used to begin an argument I refuse to step onto the battle field. Instead I point out the issue underlying these dependant behaviours causing a person to seek some form of self-gratification from me.... a ploy too often used by immature adults seeking to feel better about themselves.

Lying does not help them.. it causes them to take another step into dishonesty and denial about their shape and what they can do to improve things for themselves.

Because of this I have reduced the number of people I know to be Friends to only three people. These three do not lie to me, and so I know I can trust them to be themselves at all times.

Lastly, I 've seen all the "But what if's?" in previous versions of this thread and have to say that very few people will ever be in such positions like hiding Jews from the Nazi's etc. So these what if's do not apply to our cuurent world experience.

you are referring to social situations and in those it is best to be honest or perhaps choose not to answer but there is no way to refuse to answer if the question comes from an official source and you have to answer it

I am talking about how insanely over-governed and over regulated we are

it is best to live defensively and not tell the truth in more and more situations because you just dont know what regulation you may be in breech of. take a look at the post above of the 80year old who adopted a stray kitten and because she told the vet that the kitten was a stray, the vet told her the correct procedure is to send it to the animals shelter for correct processing. This woman would have been so much better off if she lied in the first place

take a look at my post regardign the fact that I have more than 2 cats and that is against the law here. Do you think your honesty policy would work when arguing with the local government that their law is unfair and that I wish to continue to care for my cats, now that I have stopped being a breeder? if the government got any idea that I have more cats that the laws allow these cats would be taken from me and probably put down.

none of these situations can be handled in the way you suggest because there is no arguing with all the laws and regulations they keep making to over-govern every litle thing we do.

I am surprised there are no regulations how to properly go to the toilet ffs! because there seems to be rules and laws for everything.
this reminds me of something someone said about living in Hitler's Germany and how people were afraid to do anything in case it was illegal

so then that is the lies I am referring to - the constant every day lies that I have to tell just to do the most ordinary every day things

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I would argue everyone has to lie after watching the invention of lying its true no one tells the truth if you say you do your either lying or probably don't have any friends because you've told them the truth. Ex: " Oh no you baby is adorable just the most beautiful baby I have ever seen" (I have seen ugly babies I lie since its nice) or lying to dying patients.

We lie to be nice, we lie to make friends, we lie every day and we've lied since we've been able to talk and communicate. The question is: Is it wrong to lie?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Double post sorry
edit on 18-11-2010 by Xiamara because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
I would argue everyone has to lie after watching the invention of lying its true no one tells the truth if you say you do your either lying or probably don't have any friends because you've told them the truth. Ex: " Oh no you baby is adorable just the most beautiful baby I have ever seen" (I have seen ugly babies I lie since its nice) or lying to dying patients.

We lie to be nice, we lie to make friends, we lie every day and we've lied since we've been able to talk and communicate. The question is: Is it wrong to lie?

sigh

the point i am trying to make is NOT about social kind of lying

I am trying to say that there are so many rules and regulations governing our every day life that the only way to deal with it is lie constantly. I hate it but there does not seem to be any other way. we are over-governed and they are makign more laws and regulations every day. it is so damn bad, that we need a law degree just to keep up with all the new regulatiosn and laws they keep making

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

How so? I don't know of any laws other than the states don't ask don't tell policy. Or Social lying about sexuality, for ones own safety. I live in Canada and there are no laws that I can think of that lying was needed. Other than to get out of a parking/speeding ticket.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara

How so? I don't know of any laws other than the states don't ask don't tell policy. Or Social lying about sexuality, for ones own safety. I live in Canada and there are no laws that I can think of that lying was needed. Other than to get out of a parking/speeding ticket.

maybe its just in australia they have gone mad with laws for all sorts of thigns...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

No, not just social situations. I am honest in every situation and do not care for Laws or cultural mores of my society.. I am an outsider living on ther fringes so I do not care what anyone thinks of me or my words... including Officialdom

Example: I recently was asked a question by a Tactical Response Group member in my house, "Where did I get 'such and such' from?".. I had the option to tell the truth, to not answer or to be totally honest.. I chose totally honest and replied, "I'm not stupid. You know exactly where I got it otherwise you would not be here." Sure he didn't like it, but the others laughed well enough. It's not like he could make matters any worse in that moment.

With the old woman scenario.. if it were me, I would have walked out of the vets and found another way to deal with the situation. My local council by-laws state that cats have to be registered and implanted.. I refuse. I had them desexed after a litter each, and keep them in at night, etc. If a council man arrives here to take them away, he will have to bring cops and they will have to shoot me because I will not relent.

The law is an ass and I will kick it if I have to.

Live standing up and not on your knees.

To those who think everyone is a liar.. you need to realise that just because it has become accepted and even expected so much as it is in the States and other countries, it is not necessarily the case everywhere in the world. And there are still a few of us who prefer total honesty to having a bunch of good-time only yes-friends. How many friends you have is not an indicator of your status. A good friend will be totally honest with you at all times, even if you don't want to hear it. These are the ones worth having a friendship with, all others are only associates.. people you know.

Being totally honest requires a person to be able to think laterally, be quick with the mind in order not to be led into a binding situation. You do not have to follow all the rules.. you can live quietly, invisibly in fact and still be 100% honest at all times. You do not have to Follow society, or even play it's games. You can play your own game if you are into game playing.. or you can simply stand firm and strong and not waiver in the face of all the pressure to become part of the problem and not the solution.

edit on 19-11-2010 by Tayesin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join