It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Super Pathogen spreads in EU

page: 1
13
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
We can order again 30 million on vaccin

STOCKHOLM - The untreatable pathogen NDM-1 has now surfaced in thirteen European countries. Total of 77 infected people, particularly in Britain. Seven are deceased, said the EU agency for Disease ECDC Wednesday.

The rise of the NDM-1 is very disturbing, "said Dominique Monnet of the ECDC. "People call this a super NDM-1 pathogen. But I think it is more. We're talking about a super super pathogen. "

The New Delhi Metallo-beta-lactamase (NDM-1) was first found in India. In August it emerged in Britain. It is actually a gene which is transmitted by bacteria. It makes the bacteria resistant to almost all known antibiotics. It is often found in bacteria such as e-coli and Klebsiella pneumonia, both in humans can lead to bladder and lung inflammation.

Source.......www.telegraaf.nl...,1
edit on 18-11-2010 by Quasi because: (no reason given)




posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Here we go...

I wonder if this is why they picked up all the infamous coffin liners near Atlanta...

Come to think of it, we have had a lot of E.Coli outbreaks here in the states lately.



posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
NDM-1 is a superbug that is resistant to antibiotics. More specifically, it is an enzyme found inside bacteria. The scientific name for NDM-1 is New Delhi metallo-beta-lactamase. Because it is found in bacteria like E. coli, it is notoriously hard to treat with drugs.

NDM-1 spreads through a variety of means, and can be transferred due to improper food preparation or even through medical procedures.

While cases have been reported in the UK, Americans are still at risk for contracting NDM-1. Similar bugs have been previously found in the USA, Canada and even Australia. Participating in medical tourism to India or Pakistan can greatly increase one's risk, and hospitalization or a weak immune system can contribute to a person's vulnerability.

NDM-1 Transmission
NDM-1 is found in bacterial strains. Bacteria can be transferred from one human being to another in a variety of different ways. It can be shared through human contact, improper food preparation, hospital procedures and surgeries and more. Proper hygiene including frequent hand washing can help to slow the spread of bacteria that may contain NDM-1.

www.youtube.com...



posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
So far it has killed less people than bees and they are in every country in the world so I'm not worried. They said it is not a super pathogen but a super super pathogen. I will only panic when the double secret super super super pathogen arrives.



posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by thewanger
So far it has killed less people than bees and they are in every country in the world so I'm not worried. They said it is not a super pathogen but a super super pathogen. I will only panic when the double secret super super super pathogen arrives.


I totally agree on that part i am not worried but think people need to know these kind of things.


How To Prevent NDM 1


In this case if the food is stored properly at > 65oC then there would not be a problem as the E.Coli would die within a few seconds as this temperature would be too high for it to survive. Just a few degrees lower than this, say 55oC and the bacteria could live for a few minutes. A little lower again it will live there quite happily for hours. Think carefully about this, 65oC is hot, burn your mouth hot, when was the last time you got food that hot from a hot display?
Review your HACCP plan and its risk assessment; ensure that your hygiene and infection controls are rock solid. Eliminate and reduce all chances for cross contamination and ensure that hot food is being stored properly and that chilled ready to eat foods are physically protected from contamination. I hope this helps you understand the seriousness of this new threat. Please let me know your comments and feelings on this.



posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Yet another bug to get worked up about. My "spouse" works for the airline and last year he annoyed the hell out of us by singing the happy birthday song twice to ensure that he had washed his hands long enough. We wanted to strangle him. Why do those who conform so completely not see how idiotic they are? Next they'll tell us that we need to sleep with socks on our hands and panties on our heads as a preventive measure to help prevent this one from sticking. lol

So let's see... a couple of people have already died of swine flu this year. Now there's this über-bug on the loose to get us queuing up for another of their sinister jabs - it's only a matter of time!



posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Ok so in the super markets and even health food stores... you pick through to get your healthy veggies and fruits to eat, others have come before you to do the same, many did not have clean hands. You go home and wash them but how much remains on the food? If they cant kill it in a lab, then what of the transmission?

Ill tell you, I have been tracking the flu on every possible site and it is just starting to register, but my childrens school has been hit HARD, last saturday my youngest and strongest immune system went down, vomiting and diarrhea, sick as a dog, even though he was quarantined in my home it still went through one day at a time hitting the next person in turn, me last and OMG it was horrible!

I am just now getting up as it floored me like I have not seen before. It seemed to hit the strongest immune system first and then on down the line. My 15 yro is getting it a second time! he just got over it and now yesterday I had to have my ex go pick him up at school again.

This is as bad as I have ever seen it. Dont know if it is related but just checking in .

I thought about starting an ATSFLU tracker!!! Since we represent people from all over the globe it would be a great place to do so as I felt there was a conspiracy against the true stats coming out on this terrible flu. I tell you I am in a sweat right now and sick at my stomach, just dont have it ion me to do a prooper thread, but if any member wished to do so I would be good with it.

Strart with stats and graphs and personal opinion and invite members to report in what they experience.



posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by antar
 

I think your idea for a " flu watch" thread is a good one. We should include not only flu, but any other unusual or deadly contagious diseases such as cholera and the like. Perhaps you could name it "Epidemic/Pandemic Watch 2010/2011".

Set it up now, before it's too late.



posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are
 


Euuuulllg, I dont feel good... lol, so go for it, I will post.



posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
A new epidemic that's what we needed.It seems that they didn't sell many vaccines with the H1N1 and they came back for more.
If anyone start this thread "Epidemic/Pandemic Watch 2010/2011", you might find this link useful:

hisz.rsoe.hu...



posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Forget these super-super pathogens. I want to see the super-duper-uber-pooper-patheogen! I'm sure it will be out next year.

MOTF!



posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Yeah, we have it here in the U.S. too. It's been going on for a while. Alot of the cases here have been associated with a UTI but they will come up with a vacine and what not soon. They always do...
edit on 18-11-2010 by innervision0730 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Ok so in the super markets and even health food stores... you pick through to get your healthy veggies and fruits to eat, others have come before you to do the same, many did not have clean hands. You go home and wash them but how much remains on the food? If they cant kill it in a lab, then what of the transmission?

Ill tell you, I have been tracking the flu on every possible site and it is just starting to register, but my childrens school has been hit HARD, last saturday my youngest and strongest immune system went down, vomiting and diarrhea, sick as a dog, even though he was quarantined in my home it still went through one day at a time hitting the next person in turn, me last and OMG it was horrible!

I am just now getting up as it floored me like I have not seen before. It seemed to hit the strongest immune system first and then on down the line. My 15 yro is getting it a second time! he just got over it and now yesterday I had to have my ex go pick him up at school again.

This is as bad as I have ever seen it. Dont know if it is related but just checking in .

I thought about starting an ATSFLU tracker!!! Since we represent people from all over the globe it would be a great place to do so as I felt there was a conspiracy against the true stats coming out on this terrible flu. I tell you I am in a sweat right now and sick at my stomach, just dont have it ion me to do a prooper thread, but if any member wished to do so I would be good with it.

Strart with stats and graphs and personal opinion and invite members to report in what they experience.


Just out of curiosity but how did you measure your childs immunity???? Where does the notion come from that his is the strongest in your family? Is it because he hasnt had so many bugs as everyone else??? You only catch the same cold once...with other viruses you can catch the same one multiple times depending on your bodies resistance to it.

Younger children get the cold or ill far more than adults do because of school, other kids and so on...

Bugs like the one you descride do the rounds every single winter and alwasy will do...especially bugs such as the Novo-virus which is what you described...

I wouldnt look too much into getting sick etc just because the rest of your family was.
edit on 18/11/10 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by thewanger
 


das as da uber-wundubar secret bug! Hahaha! Yeah, I'll worry when the streets are littered with bodies like in those zombie flicks.



posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod
 


This one does not feel like some natural occurring illness brought on naturally through nature, it feels like poisoning from chem trails. Feels like rat poisoning...



posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by antar
 


Its the flu for ya lol we just passed a horrible stomach bug which my daughter who is 18 months and I got twice. Ive been running around like a mad woman spraying lysol everywhere but I must of missed a few things or its airborn. you could have a really strong immune system and still get sick. It happens...



posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730
 


I am so sorry, it is horrible huh? Glad to hear you made it through. Blessings to the little one and giver her a popcicle for me ok?



posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by antar
 


Hope you all feeling better soon .

It seems that every kind of flu is getting worse and it takes longer before it is under control,what the reason for all this is still speculating but have some idea's,i dont take antibiotics very soon it must be bad will i take that,it lower your immune system,let the body fight the bacteria it self.

About the flutracker is a great idea would support you in it.



posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by jrmcleod
 


This one does not feel like some natural occurring illness brought on naturally through nature, it feels like poisoning from chem trails. Feels like rat poisoning...


If its what i had last year, it felt like it was the worst thing i'd ever had, extreme vomiting, and the usual but it was an outbreak of the usual winter vomiting bug that can kill the elderly where i was working but within 24 hours it was gone, although i still felt a bit groggy...


edit on 18/11/10 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Quasi
 
Is this actually a surprise to anyone that this started in India? Seriously the people have been washing and drinking and swimming in a "sacred" river full of corpses of people and animals and human feces. chinasmack.com just had a thread called filthy india going around and the pictures made me ill.I am shocked that these people aren't dead.




top topics



 
13
<<   2 >>

log in

join