It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America Murals

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Originally posted by GhostLancer
As if the Denver Airport murals weren't enough. Those were utterly sick. Dead children, burning cities and a futuristic Nazi impaling the anus of a dove? There's nothing like NIGHTMARISH DEPICTIONS OF THE APOCALYPSE just before boarding/departing a flight that just might be your last. So, this appeared in a major TRAVEL center.

Be on the look-out for other "subtle" murals, websites, art displays that are out of context and out of place. Another thought occurred to me: these murals could have been commissioned by SOMEONE WANTING TO LET THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG AND WARN THE PUBLIC ABOUT WHAT HIS BRETHREN ARE PLANNING. He/she/they seek to do this secretly, so they won't be exposed. This is a subtle message from someone/somefew who want to at least repent for what they've done, --their last chance, perhaps, at redemption before the coming apocalypse that is being set into motion by the elite, the truly evil elite. Are these murals a testament that some of them, at least, have souls? Are they indeed trying to warn us in a discreet manner so they won't be offed?

It is definitely megalomaniacal.
Let me try to reason and explain their behavior, as its rationalized in their heads.

Theyre all mystics, these people. These works of art are thought of as Talismans, and visual representations of a scenario they hope to bring about.

These walls depict a scenario they want, in symbol, and its almost as if it 'projects' a magical power into the minds of all those who see it and are unware of its significance.

Hmmmmm.... Star for the interesting thought. I've thought about the powerful force of paintings/illustrations/drawings myself. For decades (centuries or millennia perhaps?) some people have touted the power of VISUALIZATION. Isn't artwork a kind of *fixed visualization?* That's a neat term that describes this: fixed visualization. If there is a power to such things, then it's even more nefarious and evil than we have imagined.

The thought that these murals in and of themselves enhance and even MAGNIFY the plans of the elite to come to pass is disturbing. I know, personally that this technique works, --either that or it was extreme coincidence at work. I am a graphic artist. I have been all my life. I love to draw women. I'm the kind of artist for whom it's easier to "make-up" a face from the intangible than it is to draw a face from a photo or live model. Sure, I can do a decent job copying someone from real life, but I prefer (and am better at) creating my own faces from somewhere in my mind or from the unknowable ether. I noticed over the years that many of the women I've met looked exactly or nearly like the ones I'd drawn months or years earlier. There seems to be a delay, for I've never drawn a woman/lady and then met her later that day, or the next week, or the next month. It's always been months or years later...

It's as if the Universe, or *REALITY* needs a bit of time to re-weave itself, or to rearrange itself, or to re-write itself in order for me to encounter the lady I've drawn. Please, bare (or is it bear?) with me...

When in my late teens, I drew a very beautiful woman. At the age of 23, I married her. Only after sifting through old artwork, did I discover that I had drawn my first wife, years earlier. It was her to a T. We divorced after 3.5 years. Seven years later, I met the lady who would be my next wife, --and I was blessed that she was even more beautiful--. Later, again, going through old artwork, I found a larger, more detailed drawing. The blonde hair, the green eyes, the classic German features, the black dress and heels. The dancing pose. It was all there. We are still married and have two kids. I'd drawn her back in 1991 (the drawing was dated). My wife used to dance a lot, and was even paid to dance on the huge club speakers of a popular hangout in Gainesville, Florida ---back in her college days.

And there's one more drawing connection to her (there are several others that were friends, passing acquaintences, etc., but none of them panned out to become my wife, so I won't list them). I found myself very alone in the winter of 2002. I was at Myrtle Beach, sitting at the beachside of the hotel patio on a lounge chair with my sketch book. I began to *visualize* meeting my future Lady. I was in a sort of meditative zone where everyone around me, while still remaining exactly like reality portrayed them, became bursts of eletrical/plasma energies, sort of like a Tesla kind of effect. The phrase that comes to mind is, "seeing into the veil." This is the first time I ever thought to draw my future.

I sketched myself, wearing my distinctive "tiger vs dragon" shirt (Oriental in design) standing on the beach. Waves rolled in the background. People walked by in the sketch. And then, a blonde in a bikini was enthralled with me, as best I could quickly sketch. Of course, no blonde suddenly manifested herself for me. This was November 2002. By March of 2003 "events" had relocated me to a nice location in Florida. The last Saturday of April of that year, I met my wife-to-be. I was to fall madly in love with her, she told me, within 24 hours of having met her. While I was uncertain, she had no uncertainty.

Did the sketch from 1991-ish and the quick sketch on the beach have anything to do with it? I can't say for sure, scientifically. There is a theory called "entanglemen" that exists in quantum physics, described by Einstein Himself as "spooky action at a distance." If ENTANGLEMENT involves *energy* and *vibration* and connections we aren't yet able to scientifically identify (yet they EXIST), might there not be a way for people in the right mental state (artists, zen-like meditation --remember the "Tesla plasma energy") to engage this "spooky action" or at least *pick up on* and translate into a visual? OR------ even more profound----....

...Could the act of this preserved or FIXED visualiztion somehow set into motion the events needed for a person to experience the INTENTION contained in such a drawing? Thinking back to all those women I drew, and I drew beautiful women, I was thinking of what the Lady of My Dreams would look like. Perhaps I was unknowingly employing that intangible force, somehow "translating" my thoughts into being via sketches, illustration. And, over the years, the power slowly snowballed and gained "gravity" until, at last, I did finally encounter the Lady of My Dreams. The universe did seem to reconstruct itself in order for she and I to meet, including a couple of tragedies, but that is another story.

Back to the MURALS: if this "power" does exist, and people with much more money and power and influence and SECRETS than I are employing it... See, IF this power is true, I've only just dabbled in it unknowingly. Imagine some very special few who INTENTIONALLY and EXPERTLY employ this power... What kind of effect would it have? Perhaps they MUST OPENLY DISPLAY these horrific pieces of "art" for them to have more power (the more people who see them, the more power is generated). Thus, they must display them to "snowball" the effect. But, they must also disguise them as much as possible, even though the true intent and message must still be somewhat apparent.

More thoughts.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefacedogbone

It looks like that they are trying to get us ready to see the FEMA deathcamps in play, and just giving us warnings

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

I like your angle hear GL, and yes if images/symbols can be effectively flashed multiple times to successfully stick in the sub-conscious, then it stands to reason that a deep and sometimes empty stare could literally "burn" the image onto our subconscious and even consciousness because of the associations evoked from our opening ourselves up to deeply draw in the aesthetics, almost desiring an imprint of the image to last forever.

Perhaps an image displayed in such a manner as hung for perennial observation is the most powerful form of influence. It is part of seeding humanity's vision, a covert approach to shape our expectations and get us familiar with concepts/tactics that are so controversial, a desensitizing is required before exposure to. The same could be said for tv and papers, but as you suggest, art could be one of the more powerful forms used to control, and was especially so throughout history.

Additionally, your personal experience could be a testament of the old mystical " visualize a thought into physical reality." I can relate too because in one of my drawings from the 90's, I was sitting on a stool singing and playing guitar for an audience, and now that's what I do part-time. One could chalk that up to a visualization technique.

Powerful stuff this art thing is, thanks for the thought provocation.

Peace,
spec

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

I like your angle hear GL, and yes if images/symbols can be effectively flashed multiple times to successfully stick in the sub-conscious, then it stands to reason that a deep and sometimes empty stare could literally "burn" the image onto our subconscious and even consciousness because of the associations evoked from our opening ourselves up to deeply draw in the aesthetics, almost desiring an imprint of the image to last forever.

Perhaps an image displayed in such a manner as hung for perennial observation is the most powerful form of influence. It is part of seeding humanity's vision, a covert approach to shape our expectations and get us familiar with concepts/tactics that are so controversial, a desensitizing is required before exposure to. The same could be said for tv and papers, but as you suggest, art could be one of the more powerful forms used to control, and was especially so throughout history.

Additionally, your personal experience could be a testament of the old mystical " visualize a thought into physical reality." I can relate too because in one of my drawings from the 90's, I was sitting on a stool singing and playing guitar for an audience, and now that's what I do part-time. One could chalk that up to a visualization technique.

Peace,
spec

Wow... Great train of thought. Star for your thoughts, because they evoke some thoughts in me... MOST TROUBLING AND DISTURBING THOUGHTS!!!

---Okay, the premise is: when you see these images, they "burn" themselves into your thoughts, and your thoughts are like batteries (or however you might want to state it). These images are FOREVER IN OUR SUBCONSCIOUSNESSES. Each and every person who sees these images forever has them in the depths of their id, as Freud might state it (or in your subconscious).

Basically, the MORE WHO SEE THEM, THE MORE POWERFUL THEY ARE. Okay, they were first posted in public places. Then, the controversy. Then (NOW)...

THE INTERNET HAS SPREAD THESE IMAGES TO EVER ATS "OBSERVER" WHO HAS READ ANY AND ALL OF THESE THREADS. See how many times the images are repeated over and over in the threads themselves? Remember how the commercials in "Halloween III: Season of the Witch" caused calamity? Well, the internet itself, particularly ATS, has all but SHOWCASED these horrific images OVER AND OVER AND OVER...

Imagine how much more powerful this "effect" is, now that the hundreds or thousands or dozens of thousands of people have personally viewed these apocalyptic images over the internet and ATS. We have, quite possibly, UNWITTINGLY become part of the surge of energy needed to set into motion the events leading to the unfolding of civilization as we know it.

Okay, CALLING ALL ARTISTS...

It is time to start SKETCHING/DRAWING/ILLUSTRATING/PAINTING/DIGITALLY PAINTING scenes of prosperity, peace, love, acceptance, understanding and well-being. If this power can work ONE WAY, then darn it, it can work ANOTHER.

DRAW, even if you're horrible at it, DRAW/DEPICT your BEST representation of the world as you'd like to see it, to counterbalance what these murals are doing. I belive, *FIRMLY BELIEVE* we can all unite and undo these evil elitist plans by a GRASS ROOTS drawing campaign to offset the coming apocalypse!!!!!

RALLY! DRAW THE PEACEFUL FUTURE YOU'D LIKE TO SEE!!! POST IT!!! COUNTERBALANCE THE MURAL OFFENSIVE!!!

I am by no means joking. Employ this power and help TURN THE TIDE.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

Peace,
spec

Wow... Great train of thought. Star for your thoughts, because they evoke some thoughts in me... MOST TROUBLING AND DISTURBING THOUGHTS!!!

---Okay, the premise is: when you see these images, they "burn" themselves into your thoughts, and your thoughts are like batteries (or however you might want to state it). These images are FOREVER IN OUR SUBCONSCIOUSNESSES. Each and every person who sees these images forever has them in the depths of their id, as Freud might state it (or in your subconscious).

Basically, the MORE WHO SEE THEM, THE MORE POWERFUL THEY ARE. Okay, they were first posted in public places. Then, the controversy. Then (NOW)...

THE INTERNET HAS SPREAD THESE IMAGES TO EVER ATS "OBSERVER" WHO HAS READ ANY AND ALL OF THESE THREADS. See how many times the images are repeated over and over in the threads themselves? Remember how the commercials in "Halloween III: Season of the Witch" caused calamity? Well, the internet itself, particularly ATS, has all but SHOWCASED these horrific images OVER AND OVER AND OVER...

Imagine how much more powerful this "effect" is, now that the hundreds or thousands or dozens of thousands of people have personally viewed these apocalyptic images over the internet and ATS. We have, quite possibly, UNWITTINGLY become part of the surge of energy needed to set into motion the events leading to the unfolding of civilization as we know it.

Okay, CALLING ALL ARTISTS...

It is time to start SKETCHING/DRAWING/ILLUSTRATING/PAINTING/DIGITALLY PAINTING scenes of prosperity, peace, love, acceptance, understanding and well-being. If this power can work ONE WAY, then darn it, it can work ANOTHER.

DRAW, even if you're horrible at it, DRAW/DEPICT your BEST representation of the world as you'd like to see it, to counterbalance what these murals are doing. I belive, *FIRMLY BELIEVE* we can all unite and undo these evil elitist plans by a GRASS ROOTS drawing campaign to offset the coming apocalypse!!!!!

RALLY! DRAW THE PEACEFUL FUTURE YOU'D LIKE TO SEE!!! POST IT!!! COUNTERBALANCE THE MURAL OFFENSIVE!!!

I am by no means joking. Employ this power and help TURN THE TIDE.

Actions speak louder than words, and pictures.

Dont get me wrong, i know that drawing can have a sympathetic affect on the macrocosm.

But all that stuff "magical", really is fighting them using the same magical tricks they use against us. I sort of despise that arrogance. "manipulating" reality as if life is one magical shmorgishboard.

Maybe im old fashioned, and simplistic. But i believe simple faith in the goodness of the creator and thus the goodness of man will prevail over these egos in power. Its bound to fail. Seriously. is there not a feeling in you that just lets you know that these psychos wont win? That good will prevail and expose their evil, corrupt methods as intrinsically false.

I know that what the elites do is based on the Greek belief that evil can protrduce good, or that falsehood can bring about truth.. Hence this world of delusion these have us in. They think this will lead to their future utopia they seek. But i think its inherently unstable, and will crumble upon itself. These people are too obsessed with war to live without it. Honestly. What would they do if theyre not manipulating us? its inherently unstable!

Our future will be a good one, whether or not the elite paint murals and we counter them by painting pictures. Screw them and screw their tactics.
edit on 21-11-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Has anyone taken the time to find out who the artist is? Is it the same dude who did the Denver airport?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
There is only one way to fight the Illuminati and their New World Order. Jesus told us what to do when He gave His sermon on the mount. Love one another as I have loved you. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples.

We should even be willing to lay down our very lives for each other. Love even those whom persecute you.

Yes, when the crap is flying around in this country and all hell is breaking loose, this is exactly how I plan to keep living my life and exactly how I hope my friends, family, neighbors and fellow man will live it, too. I will share the gospel and the love of Christ until they martyr me for it.

The elites time on this Earth is limited and they know it. They might win some battles, but in the end they lose the war and Jesus Christ will return to raise the dead and rule over this Earth for 1000 years.

The worst that they can do is take my mortal life. They cannot destroy my spirit which will live with God throughout eternity. The best I can do is try to win a few of them to Christ while I have my mortal life.

God bless you all and you all have my unconditional love.

edit on 22-11-2010 by Willyem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
After doing some closeups I realized that the boy in the mural has bloody hands! In fact his right hand is bloodier than his left?! Now why in the hell would they post this in a public place such as an airport, these give me the creeps. Can anyone tell me what they think the blood symbolizes on his hands?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by elohimscience

The artist is Benjamin F. Long and here is his website: Ben Long's Site

The Denver Airport artist is Leo Tanguma and here is his site: Leo's site

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by marriah3330
After doing some closeups I realized that the boy in the mural has bloody hands! In fact his right hand is bloodier than his left?! Now why in the hell would they post this in a public place such as an airport, these give me the creeps. Can anyone tell me what they think the blood symbolizes on his hands?

You can read my analysis for an accurate interpretation.

bloody hands fits in with his wearing a trench coat, and having a red screen covering his left eye. It all alludes to his or 'the youth' of america, being used as soldiers. His hands are bloodied to signify his guilt, and engagement in murder.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

What is wrong with using every tool at our disposal to bring about a positive future? I don't think that is wrong. In fact, if you used your stated mentality of simple faith in the Creator (which is a good thing) applied to defending our country, well, Faith is nice, but we need brave members of the military to go forth and take action. In WWII, had we relied on Faith alone, without action --without fighting the enemy in a way the enemy fought-- we'd probably be speaking German right now.

If these people are using illustration magic (or whatever you want to call it) there's absolutey no reason why it shouldn't be used against them. Using a tank agains an enemy who employs a tank is not arrogant on our part, and neither is using "fixed visualization" techniques against an enemy who is using them against us. ---It's not wrong as long as our fixed visualization illustrations show a better, more peaceful world ---to COUNTERBALANCE those of these evil elitists.

Either way, I agree with you that Faith is a good thing. But it's not the ONLY THING in a "well stocked buffet" of measures to counteract the efforts of the elite.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Double-posted by accident.
edit on 22-11-2010 by GhostLancer because: Deleted the double post

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

What is wrong with using every tool at our disposal to bring about a positive future? I don't think that is wrong. In fact, if you used your stated mentality of simple faith in the Creator (which is a good thing) applied to defending our country, well, Faith is nice, but we need brave members of the military to go forth and take action. In WWII, had we relied on Faith alone, without action --without fighting the enemy in a way the enemy fought-- we'd probably be speaking German right now.

If these people are using illustration magic (or whatever you want to call it) there's absolutey no reason why it shouldn't be used against them. Using a tank agains an enemy who employs a tank is not arrogant on our part, and neither is using "fixed visualization" techniques against an enemy who is using them against us. ---It's not wrong as long as our fixed visualization illustrations show a better, more peaceful world ---to COUNTERBALANCE those of these evil elitists.

Either way, I agree with you that Faith is a good thing. But it's not the ONLY THING in a "well stocked buffet" of measures to counteract the efforts of the elite.

Let me just clarify what i meant.

I hate their sole belief in the power of magick. Its idolatrous.

I agree with you that it can be used, and probably should be, in a public place in order to encourage that reality. If it were possible, i would definitely be for it. What do you think visual media is about? TV shows, movies. Its fills us with fantasy - negative fantasy, and imagery that promotes certain feelings and habitual responses. Theyve conditioned a great amount of the population to this. And frankly, its impossible to escape it totally, without becoming a monk or a nun. You cant ride on the streets without passing by advertisements; whether they be on buses, buildings, or on store fronts. Theyre EVERYWHERE. The culture speaks to us and fills us with its messages, and we cannot help but imbibe some measure of it. Obviously, those who subscribe to the Tv experience are in a much worse situation than those who try to avoid TV as much as possible.

A nice way to counter this would be to use these same mediums in promoting positive and constructive messages. I completely agree with that and my last post sort of disregarded the power of the medium.

Ultimately, though, i meant faith and belief in the goodness of G-d and man should be the basis and deepest feeling we have. Everything we do should be motivated by this truth. The medium in expressing can be anything possible. TV, Art, Music, Internet, Video games. My last post sort of made me look like a mennonite. lol.

No, i agree with the art. I just wish it could have a greater audience than those who already feel that way; ie, people like you and me. Its those suggestible ones who need to be exposed to positive imagery in order to promote the thoughts and feelings that are ammenable to a righteous and positive outlook.

If more people were educated in a positive way, they would seek spirituality and meaning in their lives, WITHOUT having to endure suffering, as the gnostic/pagan mentality believes is a necessity to spiritual growth. I definitely believe that suffering helps, but its not the only way. A positive campaign and a strong message can undue the damage already done.... OR, maybe the elite have screwed us up - our civilization, so badly, in an unconscious sense, that maybe only the fire and brimstone of future misfortune will burn away the layers of dross theyve exposed us to.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by marriah3330

The pyramid also has a dark spot on it that looks like smoke but the shape kinda looks like a tank or something can someone outline the weird patterns in the red rectangle?.
edit on 22-11-2010 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
To the person who traced BOA origins: That was when it opened here in America. I wonder if there is some significance before that when it was the Bank of Italy?

Also it seemed a little strange that in 1906 when the earthquake hit that out of all the banks in San Fran he was the only one to get his money to safety. (fore warned?)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

PROPHETIC PAINTING FORETELLS CHILEAN MINING ACCIDENT AND GOLD STANDARD?

The 1992 Ben Long painting of miners with gold shovels may be a prophetic image of the 2010 Chilean mining incident in the copper and gold mine in the Atacama Desert of Chile. The EQ may stand for gold equivalent, a movement advocated Nov 2010 by the head of the World Bank, Robert Zoellick, to move the world to a gold standard currency in the future.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0e1ef70cbe4.jpg[/atsimg]

Murals in Bank of America Corporate Center" Charlotte, NC

VISION ACCURATELY LOCATES MINERS IN LAND OF LEGENDARY SLEEPING GIANTS

There is a sleeping giant in the scene. Atacama is home to the Giant of Atacama petroglyph. aerial image here

Legends of South American giants are found among the indigenous and European explorers.

Skeptical synopsis of Patagonian Giant legend

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1c671b30f740.jpg[/atsimg]
A Voyage round the World, in his Majesty's ship the Dolphin, commanded by the Hon. Comm. Byron, 1767
Quoted: patagoniamonsters.blogspot.com...

The name of the South American region of Patagonia is supposedly derived from legends of giants with big feet, or from discovery of giant footprints.

Mines and subterranean endeavors evoke Hollow Earth Theory, which alleges 800 miles down there is a pristine habitat which supports gigantism. Planets coalesce to form spherical shells due to balance of interior repulsion vs gravity. Seismic models work best for hollow shell models of the planet, according to this school of thought.

Video of archaeological digs of giant humanoid skeletons

edit on 23-11-2010 by keyseeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2010 by keyseeker because: spelling, video address

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by keyseeker

PROPHETIC PAINTING FORETELLS CHILEAN MINING ACCIDENT AND GOLD STANDARD?

The 1992 Ben Long painting of miners with gold shovels may be a prophetic image of the 2010 Chilean mining incident in the copper and gold mine in the Atacama Desert of Chile. The EQ may stand for gold equivalent, a movement advocated Nov 2010 by the head of the World Bank, Robert Zoellick, to move the world to a gold standard currency in the future.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0e1ef70cbe4.jpg[/atsimg]

Murals in Bank of America Corporate Center" Charlotte, NC

VISION ACCURATELY LOCATES MINERS IN LAND OF LEGENDARY SLEEPING GIANTS

There is a sleeping giant in the scene. Atacama is home to the Giant of Atacama petroglyph. aerial image here

Legends of South American giants are found among the indigenous and European explorers.

Skeptical synopsis of Patagonian Giant legend

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1c671b30f740.jpg[/atsimg]
A Voyage round the World, in his Majesty's ship the Dolphin, commanded by the Hon. Comm. Byron, 1767
Quoted: patagoniamonsters.blogspot.com...

The name of the South American region of Patagonia is supposedly derived from legends of giants with big feet, or from discovery of giant footprints.

Mines and subterranean endeavors evoke Hollow Earth Theory, which alleges 800 miles down there is a pristine habitat which supports gigantism. Planets coalesce to form spherical shells due to balance of interior repulsion vs gravity. Seismic models work best for hollow shell models of the planet, according to this school of thought.

Video of archaeological digs of giant humanoid skeletons

edit on 23-11-2010 by keyseeker because: spelling, video address

The problem with the hallow earth theory is its literalism.

Whoever popularized "hollow earth" meant it in an allegorical manner.

for instance, the popular nordic tale of an inner earth at the north pole alludes to the sae symbolism found in biblical texts. The North, is associated with physicality, and evil. thus, those who "arise" from the north have integrated into their being the element associated with that direction.

I notice that a great deal of todays conspiracy theories, like greys, inner earth, niburu, reptilians, are simply metaphors, even though the ones who popularize these ideas mean them deliberately as theories, even though ulteriorly, know theyre simply metaphors.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

--Well put, Dontreally. Good observation about how we're inundated with a flood of visual images, moving visual images and sounds. Media. Advertising. Motion pictures, HDTV, iPods, etc. People are being conditioned to CRAVE material goods. See, the elite have it right, they don't try to make us crave WORK. No one wants to work. We crave THINGS. To get those things, we "choose" to work. And it really is a choice, because we either work and get the things we want and need, or not.

In earlier times, people worked soley to survive. It wasn't about the nice dress or the cool games. It was about not starving through the winter. Now, it still is about survival, but it's also about increasing the daily quality of that survival. While an economy car will serve its purpose, a nice SUV with a fantastic stereo system, sun roof and GPS is worth working a little longer and harder for. Or that huge 60' HDTV when a modest 32' would serve.

If we're not aware of it, then we're unwitting victims of this visual circus that goes on all around us. Once aware, the nature of this visual magic loses some (or most, if not all) of its potency. It's like watching a magician at work: IF YOU KNOW HE'S USING SLIGHT OF HAND, CHANCES ARE YOU'LL BE LOOKING FOR IT. Consequently, *the best magic is the magic you aren't aware is being performed.*

Hopefully, spreading the word about these murals might decrease their effect, as long as enough people KNOW. Another analogy is that you are more likely to by hypnotized if you aren't aware that it is happening.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by cavrac
Here are some of these images that are a little bigger and higher res

edit on 17-11-2010 by cavrac because: (no reason given)

I was just noticing how oddly the "miners" are seperated into 2 groups...and the one on the right seems to be looking into the eyes of one on the left and ..offering...the forked tool. I would bet the numbers of tools on each side and the number of miners one each side have meaning.

Also I was thinking does the helmet ot the soldier in the disaster scene look less like camo and more like a map?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Vigilant Citizen posted an article today on the symbolism of the murals. It's an interesting read.

vigilantcitizen.com...

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join