It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Official Wants Border Eliminated

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
LOS ANGELES � A new man is in charge of border relations for Mexico and he has some radical ideas for change at the border with the United States.

john

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
If we gave up borders all the mexicans would come here to mow our grass.... and terrorists and stuff could get in which would not be good.... we could take over mexico :-p

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Go borderless?

That Mexican official can go jump off a really high bridge. In his dreams!

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
if that's not the stuff of dreams, I don't know what is!

link   
This idea is absoluely preposterous. Mexico is just a little to lax on their immigration laws and without a border, every terrorist in the World would be pouring into the US via Mexico. Fortunately, this would NEVER happen.

link   
Haha! If the Mexican-US border were erased I would laugh...then cry...but that's just a stupid idea.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I think we have a dotted line for a border now...the immigrants (potential terrorists) squeeze through the open dashes...

Another reason to take care of our own garden and stop lecturing the neighbors on how to grow theirs...

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Bring the troops home from Germany now and station them at bases built along our borders!

That Mexican official who had this bright idea must be smokin some good ganja!

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I wasn't aware we had one, hehe.... I'm more of the concrete walls with automated machine gun turrets mentality when it comes to Mexican borders...

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Sure open the border, but Mexico must become a US state or states!

john

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep
This idea is absoluely preposterous. Mexico is just a little to lax on their immigration laws and without a border, every terrorist in the World would be pouring into the US via Mexico. Fortunately, this would NEVER happen.

Not for us kids here on the border. Sure, we still think its silly...but at the same time we see that HAVING a border is just as silly. 75% of our population is hispanic. haha minority my butt.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
There is talk on the internet of a Pax Americana future where the whole continent is borderless and under the control of one government. It is said that this is the reason why the Bush admin is so lax on illegal immigrants and why there is a proposed bill to allow illegals to work in the US under certain conditions. This would be the first stage of the much maligned "New World Order".

The amount of Mexicans crossing the border daily is apparently a huge number and is only getting higher. All they have to do is give birth to one baby on American soil and it becomes an American citizen. You have to ask yourself what would happen if, say, Mexican numbers in California increased so much that their vote had massive influence over the policies of candidates for Governorship. ie. having such critical numbers that Governors introduced policies which would ensure their election by the majority Mexican vote, which may or may not be in the best interests of a shrinking number of generational American citizens in California. This is why it is important than ever that all Americans vote, as organised mass votes by minorities can be enough to sway an election in their favour if enough majority generational Americans do not vote. Think about that.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
There's a Mexican / US border. It's just north of New York City :-)))))))))))) I guess that's what everyone means. Looking out the window I dont see a U.S. citizen anywhere. Looks like Mexico to me. I'm just waiting for them to change the stop signs around here to alto signs.

As far as terrorist go, they can come and go as they please. There's nothing to stop them if they just keep trying to enter, no problem. I dont see the border stopping anyone else from getting here so why should it stop terrorist?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
if he wants the border gone fine then we'll annex mexico, stick a flag in it and call it the 51st state. end of the immigration problem and then you get rid of the mexican government.

him wanting to get rid of the border only serves them, not everyone. they have everything to gain from it, what do we gain? underpaid illegals cutting grass or picking fruit and being mistreated? sorry i'd rather pay more for my oranges in the long run.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Not many people outside Texas know this, but the famous Texas Rangers were originally organized only to keep Mexicans from entering the US illegally.

The Rangers' most effective method was simply shooting trespassers from across the border. This procedure wiped out illegal immigration in the State until subsequent laws prevented the organization from continuing the practice.

Now armed farmers along the border of at least one state are again patrolling their farms along the border. I'm told that none are getting through across their land at this time.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Why does Cruz say this? I read the article, but it doesn't explain why. I googled, but I could not find Arturo Gonzalez Cruz saying this at all. Fox doesn't quote him, but just says he said it. I even checked the Federation for American Immigration Reform, that Fox implies rebukes the statement. Does anybody have a link besides Fox?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Does this mean their gonna change the color of Mexico on those little spinning globes from orange and blend it in with the green united states. The it would look like some kinda Tex-Mex cheesy salsa

Just when you thin youve got these things memorized some sneaky guy has got to go changing things around

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Globalists are maneuvering America into a merger with the rest of the Western Hemisphere via free trade agreements. Their goal, as with the EU, is regional government.
external image
America is being hijacked, but the hijackers don't go by names like Mohamed, Omar, and Osama. The hijackers to whom we refer bear prominent names, such as Bush, Clinton, Kissinger, McLarty, Greenspan, Rubin, and Rockefeller. They don't use box cutters and bombs or commandeer airliners to create towering infernos; their weapons of choice are instruments such as the WTO, NAFTA, the IMF, and the FTAA. They hijack entire nations, stealing sovereignty and destroying constitutions -- usually under the banners of free trade,debt relief, and globalization- proclaiming all the while that their lawless actions will advance global prosperity, democratization, and the rule of law.
A colossal hijacking operation is in full swing even now. Its primary target is the United States of America, but it is aimed at all the other nations of North and South America as well. It is the FTAA, the so-called Free Trade Area of the Americas, which proposes nothing less than the economic and political merger of the 34 nations of the Western Hemisphere
Well I all I can say is if you guys want to keep America you's better get on the ball, heck your even changing the colour of your money

[edit on 2-7-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Wow...I didn't really know it was green

Thanks for the pic Sauron - want some cheesy salsa? j/k

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The border as it is now is a joke they need military on the border to stop the drugs and violent crimals from coming to the US. But they should have some type of guest worker program for all the honest workers.

<<   2  3 >>

join