It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal War on Sidewalk Chalk Begins! 2 Arrested.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

freeconcord.wordpress.com...

Thank God we live in America, land of the free. I guess in China they would just execute you for drawing on the sidewalk, but in the USA you are allowed to be considered a petty criminal for writing words in chalk on a public sidewalk. America is surely a free country. Or not.
edit on 16-11-2010 by civilchallenger because: Puncuation / Spelling

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

Lets see , if it Rains , the Evidence is Gone , Right ?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Not sure in the point of this thread. Are you trying to suggest that it should not be illegal to deface public property?
I understand that we are only talking about chalk here, but I think that we both know that there was more going on then a police officer walking up and catching someone drawing hop scotch on a side walk. When they asked her to stop she flopped down on the ground and just lay there.
And also, what does China have to do with this?

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
First to call it a psy-ops!!

No reason really, just thought I'd get it in there.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Umm... a public sidewalk? The sidewalk, often referred to as a type of easement, is often prescribed by local building codes and typically located within 4-5 feet and runs in a direction parallel to an adjacent roadbed to provide the public a means to cross an area legally without entering the roadway.

The steps and landing within a building's property line are not generally considered 'public property' though they may allow for public access and egress. For instance: as most anyone can walk up to and upon it, would you consider your porch 'public property' or a sidewalk (assuming you do not have a fence surrounding your property)?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Note that they were drawing political messages on Federal Property at a court house and refuse to stop when asked.

That's potential:

Jury Tampering
Vandalism (Grafitit)
Disobeying a lawful order
resisting arrest

As well as those people were clearly trying to get arrested to just draw attention to their non existant protest

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Thank god those criminals stopped those citizens from chalking those sidewalks.

People might have been subjected to pro-liberty propaganda on their way to pay their red light camera tickets.

edit on 16-11-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
Not sure in the point of this thread. Are you trying to suggest that it should not be illegal to deface public property?
I understand that we are only talking about chalk here, but I think that we both know that there was more going on then a police officer walking up and catching someone drawing hop scotch on a side walk. When they asked her to stop she flopped down on the ground and just lay there.
And also, what does China have to do with this?

Thanks.

define:deface

"To damage something in a visible or conspicuous manner; To void or devalue; to nullify or degrade the face value en.wiktionary.org/wiki/deface"

I dont see how non indelible chalk devalues or nullifies value.. unless those values are ideas / ideals.

Support your local thought police..

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Wait, is it illegal to puke on the sidewalk?
You know, the hordes of dumb jocks who can't handle their alcohol and leave presents there for the rest of us.
Let's make that illegal instead of chalk.
Because I know what I'd rather see on the street.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
What was the deal with the psycho annoying broad in the wedding dress and sunglasses? The one who was all ticked off that they wouldn't arrest her, lol. Need attention much?!?

I would have shot her so I didn't have to her her whine anymore.

As for the little kid, I would have drawn a rainbow with her to go with the flowers.

Just sayin'

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Psych-ops. It was very much staged. Why are people supposed to think protests are peaceful? They really don't accomplish much. Protesters are still agitators. It was all about making a public spectacle and appearing to look innocent in spite of being a nuisance and vandalism. That woman's whiney voice was just as irritating as someone throwing firecrackers. Looks like it was done just for the filming. If you want to protest something, then lead by example. Be the change you want to see. I see nothing productive in any of this.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Why is it that almost 90% of the time, the people involved in these protests or the people who support them don't know the first thing about what constitutes free speech and public property?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
Why is it that almost 90% of the time, the people involved in these protests or the people who support them don't know the first thing about what constitutes free speech and public property?

Please, do tell.

From my understanding, if it is publicly owned property, that means the chalk scratchers own it.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I'd explain that to you but I have too many government agents looting me at gunpoint at the moment.

~

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Note that they were drawing political messages on Federal Property at a court house and refuse to stop when asked.

That's potential:

Jury Tampering
Vandalism (Grafitit)
Disobeying a lawful order
resisting arrest

As well as those people were clearly trying to get arrested to just draw attention to their non existant protest

A lot of things are potential jury tampering. Potential jury tampering isn't a crime. Only actual jury tampering is a crime. Same thing with potential vandalism, potential resisting arrest, and potential disobeying a lawful order. After seeing the video, what were the *actual* crimes that you saw?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I don't know who was being tried there that day, neither do the cops.

So if you write

FREE (INSERT NAME HERE)
on the side walk where jurors are probably going to be passing through, I imagine the cops will assume that it's an attempt at jury tampering.

Notice that they only took the people who were writing out things on the side walk.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger

freeconcord.wordpress.com...

Thank God we live in America, land of the free.

Oh please, don't take that literally. We do not live in the land of the free. The only country I think of that is a true presentation of that saying is Somalia. We live in a constitutional Republic.

I guess in China they would just execute you for drawing on the sidewalk,

I don't know if they execute people for doing that there, however horrid China is, and this woman was not executed in the video, now was she?

but in the USA you are allowed to be considered a petty criminal for writing words in chalk on a public sidewalk.

Freedom of protest and freedom of speech does not constitute toward delinquency. Just because I have my freedom of speech does not mean I can express that freedom by writing on public property. There's a difference between protesting and voicing your opinions in public and pulling off stunts that involving the messing around of public property.

Skateboarders are not allowed around many libraries and courts,
Taggers are arrested and charged for what they do.
In most states you are not allowed to drink alchohol in public

There are limits to freedom of speech and expression whether you like it or not. And the video is very heavily edited, I find it amusing how the video was cut right to the part where the man was being arrested, I don't want to scene to be described to me by one of the protestors, really.

These individuals are making a mockery of anarchists and anti-government protestors, and I do really mean this in a negative way. It's not a good look and it is very evident these protestors were trying to pull off stunts to get attention of their video, because protesting is not enough, apparently.

edit on 17-11-2010 by Southern Guardian because: fixed

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
And... Perhaps we should arrest people who pour water on the sidewalks.

It's not a permanent marker people. It's just friggen sidewalk chalk. Next, they should go out and spell their messages out with flower stalks and see if they get the same treatment. All we have are a bunch of people in an assumed position of authority who think people should do things simply because they are told to do so. "Sir!! Give me 10 jumping jacks or I'll arrest you for disobeying a lawful order!" Never mind they have no idea what a lawful order actually is.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
He's just "exercising his AUTHORITAI!"

He should exercise that gut imo.

I'm glad to see our tax dollars put to such good use, thank god he was there to stop her, I mean just think of the public calamity her chalking could've caused

Limited FREEDOM for all!

edit on 17-11-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Well, I just have to say - "This is crap!"

Firstly, chalk drawings are harmless.

Secondly. that girl looks out of it.

Thirdly - this is just crap.

A message to the US police - get the murderers. the pedos. and all the other evils. Don't get the chalk drawers.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join