It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What diseases does it take to make a zombie?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I don't think there's any zombies, but I know watching too much TV can make you feel like one

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
In my opinion, the perfect "Zombie" Virus would have to be a sort of crossbreed/mutation of Rabies and Mad Cow disease. Mad Cow provides the brain deterioration that leads to the lack of coordination and awareness that many films show. As well, Rabies provides the aggression needed to round them out. These zombies wouldn't be real "Night of the Living Dead" ghouls, but more like 28 Days Later, where they're not actually dead, just "Infected". It's transmitted by bite, and leads to a zombie like state once contracted. Not perfect, but it just might work. Now off to the Lab.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelsoftheapocalypse

I might not classify it as a disease but to make the slow moving kind that's totally stupid you have to get an overpriced education then mooch off of the taxpayers in a government job. Then to totally complete the transformation you must get into a political position. If you've cheated and swindled your way to wealth then you may move up to state of federal government. The pinnacle is working in the White House or being a shill for TPTB/NWO as President. If you want to be the fast moving kind just get Rage from 28 Days later.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I would have to agree with rabies and mad cow. Prion's are the best candidate for the "lviing but dead" form of zombies. In fact, I think that the zombies portrayed in the "28" series (days later/weeks later) and Quarantine movie are the most likely for "real-life". There would have to be three primary ingrediants...

1) A rage inducer.. Rabies. This would have to be weaponized to that it can take hold in hours rather than days or weeks
2) A cannibalism inducing disease...Probably a prion disease like Kuru. This would also have the side effects of shaking and other loss of motor control
3) A neurotoxin...Various. This would be something that is generated by the infected induvidual as a side effect of the disease. Something that would contribute not only to the infected induvidual's state of mind, but would also act as a venom against anyone who has been bitten.

Something like this delivered in an aeresol or liquid would be a rather effective weapon, but would likely not have a very high morbidity rate given the rapid mortality rate of the disease.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
There is no such thing as zombies.

You obviously have never been to Church on Sunday morning, or a Political Convention.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelsoftheapocalypse

It takes Syphilis to turn you into a Zombie...

QUICK... go have unprotected sex right NOW!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
A better question:

What attributes does it take to make a lemming?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by xiphias
A better question:

What attributes does it take to make a lemming?

Someone who watches Faux News religiously?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ATC_GOD

This again, ya it is not a zombie per say like in the movies. But it's akin to pumping someone full of drugs so that they are in a trance like state always, it's basically slavery by way of keeping the victim always drugged up so that they obey and can be controled. That is what those witchdoctor's do, it's a basic understanding of natural poison's and drugs/hallucinogens, it's like getting someone addicted to crack and other hardcore drugs, as a way to control them. Supposedly they make good worker/slaves for the plantations in some third world countries. There are a couple of definition's of zombie's, that is one. There is the movie zombie, the drugged up zombie, the biological weapon created zombie, and off course the whole memetic heard mentality zombie outbreak, which are usually called blind followers of tptb. I'm joking about the last one, but not by much.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Dont need a disease, just some Scopolamine. Watch this DOCUMENTARY (you better watch it, took me an hour to find it)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlegmi

My Problem with the "Zombie Drugs" is that you have no contagion, sure you made one zombie, but unless you are dumping the stuff from the sky you're only getting so far. A Virus, in my opinion, needs to be the cause for the simple reason of proliferation. We want zombies, and we want ALOT of them.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightfury
I don't think there's any zombies, but I know watching too much TV can make you feel like one

If you had the weapons being used on boris yeltsin in 90's as leader of russia, you would know what the term means.

But you probably laughed at him, too thinking he was just a drunk, didn't you?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join