It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you love AMERICA, your eyes will LEAK upon seeing this.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
How many of us know who wrote our national anthem?

How many of us know what circumstances inspired the creation of this beautiful song.

How many of us know that George Washington once said,

"The thing that sets the American Christian people apart
from all other people in the world, is he will die on his feet, before he'll live on his knees.

Francis Scott Key, saw the horrors of oppression, and the fortitude of the oppressed. Our national anthem is not an ordinary song, but a testament to the home of the free and the land of the brave.

How many of us will give the ultimate sacrifice for the principles that we hold dear?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It a damn good thing I do not love America anymore then.

So no leaky eyes for me.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

Those principles are simply an illusion, through out history, the US have never helped the oppressed, rather helped the oppressors. Even when Saddam and Taliban was removed, that wasn't to help the oppressed, rather political, to destroy the growing threat of Iran and China.

It wasn't helping the oppress, when the US supported Saddam, by giving him WMDs and helping him murder hundreds of thousands of Shiites and Kurds. Not to mention helping him wage a war against Iran, killing millions. That is not helping destroy oppression, that is helping oppression, and history has so many similar examples, that your Jaws will fall to your knees. You don't have to fall on your knees.

You need to wake up.

And Eid Mubarak

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Yes Hendrix, it did.

Nice post.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkdays4u
It a damn good thing I do not love America anymore then.

So no leaky eyes for me.

And you probably live in America, reaping the rewards of liberty, yet hating the protector of your freedom.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Those principles are simply an illusion, through out history, the US have never helped the oppressed, rather helped the oppressors. Even when Saddam and Taliban was removed, that wasn't to help the oppressed, rather political, to destroy the growing threat of Iran and China.

It wasn't helping the oppress, when the US supported Saddam, by giving him WMDs and helping him murder hundreds of thousands of Shiites and Kurds. Not to mention helping him wage a war against Iran, killing millions. That is not helping destroy oppression, that is helping oppression, and history has so many similar examples, that your Jaws will fall to your knees. You don't have to fall on your knees.

Throughout history the American people have sought a better life for themselves. Our forefathers risked their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor for this grand experiment called America. It is only since 1913 and the creation of the Federal Reserve, that America has not done the bidding of the people who founded it.

I say, rise up, educate yourselves to the real threats in this world, and give all that you have for your principles.

You would probably disagree, and I understand where YOU are coming from.

Many people like to complain, few would take the time to make strides in the right direction.

You have correctly identified, the injustices of recent history, but you have failed to recognize the importance of what America was originally intended to be.

May God have mercy on our souls.

You need to wake up.

And Eid Mubarak

edit on 16-11-2010 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Where is this "land of the free and home of the brave" the song talks about?

Anyone know?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
Where is this "land of the free and home of the brave" the song talks about?

Anyone know?

You got a gun as your Avatar, you tell me.

What are you all talk and no action?

If people refuse to get involved in politics, they are destined to be governed by their inferiors. - Plato

Why don't you stand up like a man, and take a stand?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Thanks OP for that video. America is still a great country, even though it is being destroyed by TPTB as we speak. The time is coming that people will rise up and die for their country and her flag again. I wiil be one of them.

Anyone who lives in America and hates America, we have an open border down south. Just cross the Rio Grande...See Ya.... If you don't leave then be ready to stand up when the time comes.....
edit on 16-11-2010 by kennylee because: to correct spelling

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

i would only give my life for my family... if we were attacked by an outside force i would avoid all the fighting as best as i could.. what makes one set of leaders different from the other? there is none.... i would not die for any politician.. this is tptb's country so let them die for it... they wouldnt... they would run and throw all the expendable men under the bus, so that they could run further and faster, just like hitler's generals did in world war ii.

the sad thing is the ones that die in war never deserved to die... and the captain's of that war never seem to go down with the ship. america is a sinking ship. is it really the responsibility of the "crew" to stay on and fight till the end or is it the "captains"?

why should we the people have to die? is it because they're blood lines are more important than ours? they seem to think so.

well you wouldnt catch me fighting for anybody, but the people i hold dear. good luck!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11azerus11

i would only give my life for my family... if we were attacked by an outside force i would avoid all the fighting as best as i could.. what makes one set of leaders different from the other? there is none.... i would not die for any politician.. this is tptb's country so let them die for it... they wouldnt... they would run and throw all the expendable men under the bus, so that they could run further and faster, just like hitler's generals did in world war ii.

the sad thing is the ones that die in war never deserved to die... and the captain's of that war never seem to go down with the ship. america is a sinking ship. is it really the responsibility of the "crew" to stay on and fight till the end or is it the "captains"?

why should we the people have to die? is it because they're blood lines are more important than ours? they seem to think so.

well you wouldnt catch me fighting for anybody, but the people i hold dear. good luck!

And in the early days of America, people were simpler, more down to earth, and considered all men their brothers. So they were indeed fighting for their "family".

But today, your next door neighbor, could be out to stab you.

But America, the land of the free, is still a principle worth fighting for.

Only a select few will choose to make that sacrifice.

Will the survivors appreciate it?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
If you love America then you should know it's true history, and not a made up story. The video you've linked to seems to come from here. It is made up.

Here's the the real, and much better story from the Smithsonian:

Before departing from a ravaged Washington, British soldiers had arrested Dr. William Beanes of Upper Marlboro, Maryland, on the charge that he was responsible for the arrests of British stragglers and deserters during the campaign to attack the nation’s capital. They subsequently imprisoned him on a British warship.

Friends of Dr. Beanes asked Georgetown lawyer Francis Scott Key to join John S. Skinner, the U.S. government’s agent for dealing with British forces in the Chesapeake, and help secure the release of the civilian prisoner. They were successful; however, the British feared that Key and Skinner would divulge their plans for attacking Baltimore, and so they detained the two men aboard a truce ship for the duration of the battle. Key thus became an eyewitness to the bombardment of Fort McHenry.

When he saw “by the dawn’s early light” of September 14, 1814, that the American flag soared above the fort, Key knew that Fort McHenry had not surrendered. Moved by the sight, he began to compose a poem on the back of a letter he was carrying. On September 16, Key and his companions were taken back to Baltimore and released. Key took a room in the Indian Queen Hotel and spent the night revising and copying out the four verses he had written about America’s victory. The next day he showed the poem to his wife’s brother-in-law, Judge Joseph Nicholson, who had commanded a volunteer company at Fort McHenry. Nicholson responded enthusiastically and urged Key to have the poem printed. First titled “The Defence of Fort McHenry,” the published broadside included instructions that it be sung to the 18th-century British melody “Anacreon in Heaven” — a tune Key had in mind when he penned his poem. Copies of the song were distributed to every man at the fort and around Baltimore. The first documented public performance of the words and music together took place at the Holliday Street Theatre in Baltimore on October 19, 1814. A music store subsequently published the words and music under the title “The Star-Spangled Banner.”

During the 19th century, “The Star-Spangled Banner” became one of the nation’s best-loved patriotic songs. It gained special significance during the Civil War, a time when many Americans turned to music to express their feelings for the flag and the ideals and values it represented. By the 1890s, the military had adopted the song for ceremonial purposes, requiring it to be played at the raising and lowering of the colors. In 1917, both the army and the navy designated the song the “national anthem” for ceremonial purposes. Meanwhile, patriotic organizations had launched a campaign to have Congress recognize “The Star-Spangled Banner” as the U.S. national anthem. After several decades of attempts, a bill making “The Star-Spangled Banner” our official national anthem was finally passed by Congress and signed into law by President Herbert Hoover on March 3, 1931.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse

You got a gun as your Avatar, you tell me.

What are you all talk and no action?

If people refuse to get involved in politics, they are destined to be governed by their inferiors. - Plato

Why don't you stand up like a man, and take a stand?

Who is to say I havent.

Now, why dont you answer my question:

Where is this land of the free and home of the brave the song mentions? Surely it isnt America.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Forgive me, but I'm a little confused. This thread is a good example of the quandary I'm trying to understand.

I've got a thread trying to decode it: www.abovetopsecret.com...

What is America????

The video you linked to talks about the United States of America, not America... and I know this may seem strange to many, but I cannot find any definitive answer to what this "America" (or for that matter, "Americans") are.

Any who can help clarify what seems to you to be obvious, please do help.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoArmsJames
If you love America then you should know it's true history, and not a made up story. The video you've linked to seems to come from here. It is made up.

Before departing from a ravaged Washington, British soldiers had arrested Dr. William Beanes of Upper Marlboro, Maryland, on the charge that he was responsible for the arrests of British stragglers and deserters during the campaign to attack the nation’s capital. They subsequently imprisoned him on a British warship.

Friends of Dr. Beanes asked Georgetown lawyer Francis Scott Key to join John S. Skinner, the U.S. government’s agent for dealing with British forces in the Chesapeake, and help secure the release of the civilian prisoner. They were successful; however, the British feared that Key and Skinner would divulge their plans for attacking Baltimore, and so they detained the two men aboard a truce ship for the duration of the battle. Key thus became an eyewitness to the bombardment of Fort McHenry.

When he saw “by the dawn’s early light” of September 14, 1814, that the American flag soared above the fort, Key knew that Fort McHenry had not surrendered. Moved by the sight, he began to compose a poem on the back of a letter he was carrying. On September 16, Key and his companions were taken back to Baltimore and released. Key took a room in the Indian Queen Hotel and spent the night revising and copying out the four verses he had written about America’s victory. The next day he showed the poem to his wife’s brother-in-law, Judge Joseph Nicholson, who had commanded a volunteer company at Fort McHenry. Nicholson responded enthusiastically and urged Key to have the poem printed. First titled “The Defence of Fort McHenry,” the published broadside included instructions that it be sung to the 18th-century British melody “Anacreon in Heaven” — a tune Key had in mind when he penned his poem. Copies of the song were distributed to every man at the fort and around Baltimore. The first documented public performance of the words and music together took place at the Holliday Street Theatre in Baltimore on October 19, 1814. A music store subsequently published the words and music under the title “The Star-Spangled Banner.”

During the 19th century, “The Star-Spangled Banner” became one of the nation’s best-loved patriotic songs. It gained special significance during the Civil War, a time when many Americans turned to music to express their feelings for the flag and the ideals and values it represented. By the 1890s, the military had adopted the song for ceremonial purposes, requiring it to be played at the raising and lowering of the colors. In 1917, both the army and the navy designated the song the “national anthem” for ceremonial purposes. Meanwhile, patriotic organizations had launched a campaign to have Congress recognize “The Star-Spangled Banner” as the U.S. national anthem. After several decades of attempts, a bill making “The Star-Spangled Banner” our official national anthem was finally passed by Congress and signed into law by President Herbert Hoover on March 3, 1931.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoArmsJames

Thanks, but the principles of Liberty, and the sacrifices of our founders remain the same.

If we truly care about this country, we must take a stand, and not just sit idly by while the corrupt, bought and paid for politicians sell us out to the highest bidder.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Lol personal attacks now? Are you serious?

No wonder no one replies to your threads.

Grow up.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the post, Hendrix. It is a reminder to me of what American should be/could be, we have gone far away from what the founding fathers have intended. She is guilty of many things but that doesn't mean I still don't have some pride for my country.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater

Lol personal attacks now? Are you serious?

No wonder no one replies to your threads.

Grow up.

Not a personal attack,

A call to arms.

A call to you to stop thinking that you can't make a difference.

A call to all Americans, to tell them that they can make a difference.

A call against indifference.

Think about it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join