It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking!! Real Ghost Video on Nightly News!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Nice fond OT.
I will watch it many times.
looks ligit..

Thank you LD, hope you are well!

My system is having lots of hick-ups...I'm on travel tomorrow and I'll check it out closer once I get to the hotel.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
WoW....nice find.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Okay, at the risk of being sued, I just included the :20 (or so) seconds of the video that actually matter:

I am afraid I have to take the skeptics approach on this, as an avid fan of the paranormal I will explain why I feel this way about this particular video.

An observation I'd like to bring up about the coat/jacket/sweater/hoodie that he is allegedly wearing and that has already been suggested to have seemingly being thrown into the tree by the kid:

First, note the date, December 31 2008, winter time yes?

Second, Savannah, GA @ 4:53 PM December 31 2008 (closest I could get to the time on the camera) Mean Temperature 58 °F with a WNW wind @ 8.1 mph. Relatively cool I'd say but not as cool as when the day started, 7:53 AM 48.0 °F with a SW wind @ 6.9 mph. This weather could typically call for a few more layers than normal depending on the individual's tolerance to said temperatures.

Now, the fact that the temperature had risen 10 degrees from when the day started might account for why the kid was still wearing what appears to be a coat/sweater/hoodie/jacket, BUT, when you first see this kid running, it appears as though he could in fact be holding one of the aforementioned garments in his right hand as well as wearing an additional coat/sweater/hoodie/jacket that everyone is seeing in the video whilst running to catch up to the lady (presumably his Mother).

However, if there is nothing in his hands and that is his arms I see flailing and not an additional garment that he's toting then he would have had to un-don that garment pretty fast from the last shot we see him with it on in order to throw it into the tree.

Merely speculation of course, as I wasn't there and only have this grainy video to go off of, none the less, the available probabilities lead me more towards the direction of a kid that is just being a kid whose Mother is in a hurry to get to where ever she's going. You can almost see the frustration in her body language when she turns towards him. "Timmy, quit messing around and let's go" ...more or less.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

I can try to get there this weekend and see what I can do.

There might be a large headstone (to the left of that tree) that the kid jumped on to reach the tree branch.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Something that is not normal is the SPEED the kid moves up on the tree...check it out....it almost looks as if he is in fast-motion.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Child chasing cat, cat leaps into tree, cat is frightened by something in tree or by something the kid threw into the tree. Cat falls down.

Remarkable footage nonetheless! Especially if it is the real deal.

edit on 16-11-2010 by Atlantican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Well, I get that you were probably just trying to promote the video yourself..but....it wasn't the actual video, it was an advertisement for the video...you can see a figure walking in the backround of the cemetery..however...it could have been just that..a person..walking slowly. I didn't see anything that points towards evidence of a Ghost....yet (other than my own experiences..which I always chalk up to : could be, or just coincidences quite a few to be sure, but nothing concrete)...but I'm interested in seeing the actual news casting.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by A55A551N

Originally posted by A55A551N
As I said if you look closely enough at it and pay attention to both sides of the tree. Something's being thrown upwards and/or into the tree itself and then falling down.

. . . This.

I find it laughable that people aren't even entertaining the above notion which would probably be the most logical to fence-sitters and sceptics alike.

(Even though as I said in my OP. I'm a firm/heavy believer, in the Paranormal).

As I also said before you can clearly see hands throwing/pushing whatever it is (not the child) into the tree.
edit on 16-11-2010 by A55A551N because: (no reason given)
[/q]

You maybe right. I have watched the video a number of times... and there does appear to be something being thrown before the jump and before the fall. I am no video expert but it does appear to be the best answer. Watch carefully people....VERY CAREFULLY....you will see what A55A551N is talking about. I am a non believer in the paranormal (but have experienced things I can personally not explain...ie...UFO...possible "ghostly phenomenon"...but just because I can not explain it does not mean it is otherworldly" and other such things. This video at first glance I thought would the be my first WOW...could it be....until you watch it very carefully...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
First let me say that I've been investigating the paranormal for over a decade, so I'm not a non-believer. However I do think this guy wasted his time and money getting a copyright issued for a video of some kid running through the cemetery who then takes off his hoodie and tosses it in the air before meeting up with his mom. Strange that the video pulls away right when the kid would've come back into frame and walked off with his mom! I bet it is just a matter of time before the ladies in the video come forward and reveal the ghost was actually little Johnny.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Did you see that thing stride at the beginning of the video? Look how long it's arms are! That's no ghost, that's an alien Gray! No wonder it can jump so high.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Bizarre video, wish I could see it more clearly but the annoying pause watermark wouldn't come off the screen so it was a bit of a downer but it definitely looked like a ghost, too bad the media sucked.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nkinga

Well, I get that you were probably just trying to promote the video yourself..but....it wasn't the actual video, it was an advertisement for the video...you can see a figure walking in the backround of the cemetery..however...it could have been just that..a person..walking slowly. I didn't see anything that points towards evidence of a Ghost....yet (other than my own experiences..which I always chalk up to : could be, or just coincidences quite a few to be sure, but nothing concrete)...but I'm interested in seeing the actual news casting.

perhaps reading the whole thread may lead you to the link of the actual footage, which has been posted a few times!

Back on topic, it is an interesting video, and whilst I agree to an extent with the sceptics, the child looks to be under 5 years old, so I'm not sure if he would be able to throw something as flimsy as a jacket that high up, the tree branch is quite high. Also if I was the child's mother, I would not have just walked off and left the child throwing his jacket around when other people were around (or for that matter if there were not - I'd just be annoyed at him throwing his jacket around and up into trees) But I suppose every parent is different and maybe he is a difficult child and the mother just ignores bad behaviour?

But the child definitely disappears as the white shape goes up into the tree, so don't really know if he could throw the jacket that high and simultaneously disappear round the back of the tree. Then again, I have never heard of ghosts who leap up into trees either!

An interesting vid though, lets hope there is more information forthcoming now that it's been aired.

Also I would be surprised if all of the people who analysed the film didn't just come to that conclusion, they are not promoting it, so would have nothing to lose if it was a simple debunking, perhaps they were able to slow it down frame by frame to arrive at the conclusion they did.
edit on 17-11-2010 by destination now because: to add another thought

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I do not believe that this is real. When watching the video everything seems to be running fine in real time. Now then watch closely once you see the "ghost" child running. There is a man walking on the right hand side with a white top and dark trousers. Then a family come into shot on the right hand side. The woman is pushing a pram. After you have watched the said ghost jump into the tree, watch again but this time keep your eye on the family. Note how they jump forward a few times instead of walking along the path normally.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tarotmaster
I do not believe that this is real. When watching the video everything seems to be running fine in real time.

I'm an adult and I don't think I could jump up and stay in the tree that fast...I dunno?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
At first I thought it's just a normal kid running around...

But the jumping and falling is verry strange... I wish we could zoom more in, to have a closer look at it

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yeah, the child jumping into the tree is a very loose claim - there's no evidence of that, whatever goes up and comes down doesn't look like a human figure of any age, just a garment. Also the initial "young boy chasing a shadowy woman"... what? Well that isn't in the vid and if it was it'd probably be the more interesting part.

That said it's interesting, funny to wonder about...but I think it's perfectly natural. The amount of other people in the video suggest it's not your average spooky old graveyard devoid of visitors, but more of a park where many people visit and walk through.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
Yeah, the child jumping into the tree is a very loose claim - there's no evidence of that, whatever goes up and comes down doesn't look like a human figure of any age, just a garment. Also the initial "young boy chasing a shadowy woman"... what?

I agree the falling down piece could be a jacket, but there is no doubt the going up peice is that boy/kid....and he is moving and agile...too fast and too gribby/secure in the UP move....

And yeah let's zoom in on the shaowy mom, already...great point!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
i am with one of the other guys here.
It's arms was really long..
it swung its arms like my little boy does playing around..
So i don;t doubt it's a kid...But the long arms are throwing me off here.
Not to mention..By the kids height he has to be around age 5 or 6... top's.
and he climb's that tree like a spider monkey...
and that limb is pretty high..
so i just dont know what it is.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Yes, I agree, whilst I can see where the others are coming from with their theory that it's just a boy messing around, I don't think a child that small could either throw something like a jacket up that high, or for that matter get up into the tree himself, and whilst the onlookers do seem to take some notice, they don't react the way you think they would if a real object had fallen from the tree like that, it's almost on top of them, but although they all look, they just carry on walking.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I've really focused on the jump into the tree claim, what is interesting is what ever went up, stayed up for nearly 4 seconds before falling back down, so if it was thrown, it wouldn't have stayed up that long before falling down.

Now it looks like a blur that streaks up and then looks like a blob hanging from the branch. When the stroller comes by, this is the weird part, it seems to time itself with the stroller and land in or in the proximity of the stroller. That is the part that I found very strange.

The way it stretches and streaks is also very downward and direct, it could just be CGI because I am not seeing fabric or a hoodie or clothing arms on that streak.

This is the problem I have with video is the fact anyone with a computer can do digital overlays and special effects on any media. 2 Years for copyright, or getting a good hoax video edited?

If it *is* real for the benefit of the doubt, then why drop into the stroller, is this ghost reincarnating and saw an opportunity to latch onto a new life? Now that would be news worthy!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join