It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we witnessing the beginning of the end for the EU?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I hate the EU !!
I despise the fact that britain pays £40 million per day to the EU , just simply for the membership , and 70% of british law is now decided by brussels.
Why do we pay the EU to tell us how to run OUR country ?

The irish voted on the precursor to the lisbon treaty , and they sent an emphatic NO , but tptb waited till Ireland were in financial difficulty before they offered a modified lisbon treaty to Ireland , to make them vote again , and they had no option but to vote yes the second time ( i dont know about the police station thing cos i'd never heard that before ).
Every member of the EU was given a referendum , except the UK. David camWRONG came to power ( because no-one voted ) , promising a referendum , but changed his mind when he became prime minister.

I believe the EU is merely shedding its skin , and will go back to being 12 countries.

One of the rockefellers said " give me control of a nations money , and i dont care who makes its laws "

combine that statement with " the LOVE of money is the root of all evil ".

I see a situation where money / credit will be used as a system to control us because programmes like who wants to be a millionaire have created a climate of greed ( love of money / avarice ) which makes us want want want , so we go get credit / loans / overdrafts.......
I remember when getting a loan meant wearing your best suit , and very very nervously having a meeting with the bank manager , but now , credit card applications fall through your door with supermarket junk mail.
TPTB , i believe , know that people will do anything to have money because they need all the shiny things like ipads and 3d tv's , and they cant default on their mortgages , car payments etc.......

Its a trap and credit is the cheese .

I dont know what will happen to the countries that fall away but i think the EU will have no choice but to let a few countries fall by the wayside because of their debt , and it will revert to 12.

This is all just my opinion , not fact.
edit on 16-11-2010 by Reconciler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
It will be the end of the EU as we know it, that is almost certain... With the British/French military treaty we are seeing the start of an EU army with nuclear teeth, and with Ireland being pushed to cede more authority to Brussels we are seeing the beginning of the end of sovereign nations in Europe [again] As yet another incarnation of the Roman Empire rises, which if previous incarnations is anything to go by will cause the world equal amounts of pain.
edit on 16/11/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

That seems like a very accurate analysis and although I once feared such a scenario, it might be not be all that bad. Unity makes strength. With the US's power rapidly fading and China becoming the EU's main rival in the next few few decades, we need to form one united front, which doesn't mean that we become one people, one nation. Self-evidently every individual nation will maintain its national identity, under the umbrella of the EU.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Definitely not the end of the EU in any shape of form.

The end of the European single currency... maybe.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by serbsta

Definitely not the end of the EU in any shape of form.

The end of the European single currency... maybe.

You don't think that the end of the European single currency will in any way shape or form impact upon the legal legislation that binds the EU?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
And obama was crying out so to speak..for globalization. sure, one country fails and pulls all the rest of thema nd us down with them......
screw globalization.its only to make the upper 1% and heirchy figures more wealthy and powerful anwyays. go ahead, lets all get flushed downt he toilet as one imperfect world

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

could this guy be one of the main culprits here?

Peter Sutherland

en.wikipedia.org...

he seems to have been in all the 'right' places at the right time..

edit on 17-11-2010 by alienesque because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
also very interesting:

Irish Police Cite Irish Government in Treasonous Activity!

www.sovereignindependent.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
You have to remember there will be alot in irish gov that hated the english rule and grew up hated english and what they did. So alot of them understand that ireland has been set up to give up there freedoms, to go into the full euro.

I still think that there was always going to be problems with full accaptance of the eu, so maybe this is a step they planned for. How does the eu get a country to give up all its rights?

How do you guys not know, this is not what they thought would happen?

Ireland had centuries of getting england out of ireland, do you think the older generation would of accepted eu rule so easily, and the eu would of known this.

I just think its another step.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

The EU and its predecessors, the EC and the EEC, were around for long before the euro arrived.

Common markets don't necessarily require a common currency.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
just wanted to correct my assertion that rockefeller said this

" give me control of a nations money , and i dont care who makes its laws "

It was Rothschild. My bad.

This statement tells me everything I need to know about how modern financial institutions operate.

Ireland will accept the bailout , and so , become a nervous dog waiting under its masters table for scraps to fall off , and the ira will leave 50lb of sextex in a beer keg on a bridge near a primary school , thinking it will change things. They dont know they are owned by Brussels , not London.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
A good article about Ireland. Seems like "Ghost Estates" is becoming a fairly common thing around the world.

Ireland's Ghost Estates

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by serbsta

The EU and its predecessors, the EC and the EEC, were around for long before the euro arrived.

Common markets don't necessarily require a common currency.

Allow me to para-phrase: to do trade with each requires NEITHER a common currency NOR common markets!

Would you let China rule your country so you could trade with them? No? So why let that happen in Europe???

The EU is a stack of cards waiting to fall. The Governments were bought - now they're being sold out. If you question the veracity of that claim, what do you think the promise of EU money to countries wishing to join is all about? It's called bribery - promising cash in return for favors.

I hope the EU does collapse - we might get our sovereignty back that was stolen from us. I'm British, NOT European!!! We didn't fight WW2 to give everything away!!!!!
edit on 21-11-2010 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gerirl

It's just a bailout my friend. We won't be handing any say in the running of the country over to the EU, at least, not anymore than they already have and have had since we joined the EU. We'll probably end up paying for it with increased taxes down the road, but that's the only effect it will have on the people.
edit on 21-11-2010 by Project-Sign because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

Allow me to para-phrase:

My meaning was perfectly clear. Please don't put words in my mouth.

to do trade with each requires NEITHER a common currency NOR common markets!

This is to state the obvious. But common currencies and market rules make trading immeasurably easier. They also make markets more efficient.

Would you let China rule your country so you could trade with them? No? So why let that happen in Europe???

The question is not 'why let anyone rule?' but 'why share aspects of sovereignty?' The answer to that question can be found in any book dealing with the modern history of Europe.

The EU is a stack of cards waiting to fall.

People have been saying so since the Treaty of Rome was signed in 1957. They are still waiting.

I'm British, NOT European!!!

Gosh. If you hadn't told me, I would never have guessed...

edit on 21/11/10 by Astyanax because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Astyanax: I was agreeing with you, and to paraphrase is not to put words into your mouth.

en.wikipedia.org...

Paraphrase (pronounced /ˈpærəfreɪz/) is restatement of a text or passages, using other words. The term "paraphrase" derives via the Latin "paraphrasis" from the Greek para phraseïn, meaning "additional manner of expression". The act of paraphrasing is also called "paraphrasis."

edit on 21-11-2010 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

I am familiar with the terms paraphrasis and paraphrase. You did not paraphrase me. You put words into my mouth that I never intended to say.

I stated specifically that common markets--such as the European single market (still not quite achieved, as it happens) do not necessarily require a single currency to trade in. I was not speaking of markets in general; that markets can and often do business in a variety of currencies is such an obvious statement as to be trivial.

Perhaps you are unsure what is meant by a common or single market. Here is a definition:

A single market is a type of trade bloc which is composed of a free trade area (for goods) with common policies on product regulation, and freedom of movement of the factors of production (capital and labour) and of enterprise and services. Source

As to Britain's position vis-à-vis the EU, I think you and your countrymen have managed to have your cake and eat it for quite a long time. As an Anglophile, I rather admire and approve of this, but you must know that it cannot last for ever. However, your post to which I responded earlier gives off a strong whiff of unreconstructed nationalism, which I am sorry to say is highly repellent to me. You may think we are in agreement. I know that we are not.

edit on 22/11/10 by Astyanax because: pour crainte du vice anglais

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

The cost of a bailout on the Irish scale for Portugal, seen as the next weakest link among the EU’s high-deficit countries, would cost 100 billion euros, based on a package of 60 percent of GDP. For Spain, whose banks have also come under strain from the collapse of its real-estate bubble, a bailout of 60 percent of GDP would cost 632 billion euros. For Italy, the region’s second-most indebted nation after Greece, the figure would be 912 billion euros.

www.bloomberg.com...

How can the Euro possibly survive if this scenario pans out?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

24 November 2010 Last updated at 09:22 ET Share this pageFacebookTwitter ShareEmail Print Irish unveil tough four-year recovery plan

www.bbc.co.uk...

So what happens if the Irish parliament doesn't approve this budget. What does THAT do to the Euro?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by fltcui

Der Euro Kaput !

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The EU will not be able to maintain a cohesive stance with regards to bailouts. That is why I would buy deep out of the money EURUSD puts. I am not betting that in the long term the Euro will do much better than the dollar, but I do think it will fall much faster due to a lack of cohesive monetary policy (ie Germany pretty much providing Europe with support).

As for the dollar, I am not sure what to think. Every giant interest in the US has to have most of their holdings in USD. There just is not enough physical metals to go around. As a result, the major insider selling is all being put into cash. If the USD were to become devalued, people would become pissed, Additionally, if one were to devalue the dollar, stocks would go up to match this inflationary event. As a result, I am inclined to say that, in the short run, the USD will fare quite well compared to the Euro and other currencies. If the majority of insiders are selling, this is a signal that they believe a correction will happen, rather than a continued bull run.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join